Another monumental cock up

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely true I'm afraid. Got a text about 9pm yesterday. We were having our Xmas party there tonight. No idea who or what is to blame but bad news all round. Heard a party last night was stopped in full flow? We've been offered a free party later on this month or in Jan if we want.

Why would someone downboat this statement? Yard Dog is just passing on information that people are questioning

That may explain so many people stood outside then? Thought it looked a bit weird what with the weather being as bad as it was ..

maybe the cancelation was related to the weather ? was something damaged by the wind or water ingress due to the same ?

On something which could still be considered a construction site.

The same construction site which has gained a safety certificate for paying customers... The structure is finished - it's the interior that isn't so yes I would expect it to be weather proof especially for high wind and rain in Oldham in winter.

It's not exactly like Hurricane Katrina has rocked up on BP is it

I asked Simon Brooke on Twitter if he would consider a SimonBTrust Oldham Twitter account so things like this can be quickly Communicated. He did say this was more an issue for contractor etc. I am going to reply to that issue, but he will consider the separate Twitter account.

I've heard it's something to do with not enough fire exits being built in the stand.

I'm not having that. Surely the architect's plans are checked and approved before building begins, fire exits would be a pretty important factor in that.

I'm not having that. Surely the architect's plans are checked and approved before building begins, fire exits would be a pretty important factor in that.

Of course you are right...however it may be that part of the so far uncommisioned areas of the building constitutes an escape route from the area in use. If that was the case it could indeed have been an evacuation issue