Blackpool in for Philiskirk

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philliskirk is our top scorer because we're :censored:e.

He's scored 13 league goals in two and a half seasons. I'd expect a decent winger to get more than that.

He plays well when the team plays well, and fair enough, this season some of his goals have been match winners. But we are where we are in part because we're relying on players the calibre of Philliskirk to be our key players.

Selling your top scorer to a bottom four rival is genius

Absolutely. Don't forget the timing of some of those goals and assists either - Swindon, Chesterfield and Coventry. I know we are in a mess but where would we be without those vital late strikes when most had given up?

Edited by Danny Mck

He plays well when the team plays well, and fair enough, this season some of his goals have been match winners. But we are where we are in part because we're relying on players the calibre of Philliskirk to be our key players.

So either he looks a good player/scorer because the rest are :censored:e/Or he looks a good player this season because he is in a team playing well?

Make your mind up which way you are trying to argue!

He's scored 13 league goals in two and a half seasons. I'd expect a decent winger to get more than that.

Personally id say 13 league goals is pretty good considering he never gets to play in the same position for more than five minutes and never plays up front....

Not along ago we were deeming strikers like Hughes, Davies, O'Grady, Abbott, Reid and Smith not good enough for us.

Now we're clinging on to Danny Philliskirk for dear life.

Shows how :censored:e the other 10 are.

He is a good honest pro who has scored some really valuable goals this season and we are considering selling him to a relegation rival

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Another lol. 'Early goals'.

2 August

2 October

2 November

1 December.

Pretty consistent, apart from when he was being played massively deep towards the end of Kelly/start of Dunn.

You've entirely missed the point and taken it out of context, but apart from that, nice one...

So either he looks a good player/scorer because the rest are :censored:e/Or he looks a good player this season because he is in a team playing well?

Make your mind up which way you are trying to argue!

He only looks a good player when the team are playing well. Otherwise he's a passenger as he isn't capable of changing a game on his own.

He might crop up with an odd goal here and there, but it doesn't mean he's playing well in those games.

Here's a question, would it be hard to replace Philliskirk with a striker who'd have a 1 in 7league record after 2 and a half seasons.

If the answer to that question is yes then we really are :censored:ed.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Yeates...

Would explain why he hasn't been playing, despite player of the month mantle. He'd be a huge loss, even if Forte returns in any sort of form. Only player except Kelly who I feel consistently performs to a decent standard.

Also suggests Jones will remain on the wing, which is equally as disconcerting.

I don't think Blackpool will go down anyway, but it's not a message you want to be sending out to the players, or the fans.

Would explain why he hasn't been playing, despite player of the month mantle. He'd be a huge loss, even if Forte returns in any sort of form. Only player except Kelly who I feel consistently performs to a decent standard.

Also suggests Jones will remain on the wing, which is equally as disconcerting.

I don't think Blackpool will go down anyway, but it's not a message you want to be sending out to the players, or the fans.

With the imminent return of Forte where will Yeats fit in if Forte plays in his favoured position? Yeates wage needs to be freed up to bring in another centrehalf, its unfortunate but necessary for the good of the team.

Can't say I'm surprised about Yeates, it was obvious he was looking for a better deal elsewhere when he only signed a new deal until the end of January.

If Blackpool, famous for paying £90 a week during summer, offer more than us we really are in deep s**t.

With the imminent return of Forte where will Yeats fit in if Forte plays in his favoured position? Yeates wage needs to be freed up to bring in another centrehalf, its unfortunate but necessary for the good of the team.

If we get money for Philliskirk and Kelly then Yeates + CB are affordable surely. Only question is will he want to stay anyway. I would imagine not.

Yeates on one wing, Forte on the other would be pretty fearsome in this division, especially with on-form Murphy up top.

To be fair to Philliskirk, we wouldn't have won a league game this season if it wasn't for him. He scored the winners against Fleetwood and Swindon. Whilst you can debate whether he actually scored the winner against Chesterfield or if it was a Lee OG, BBC have the goal down as his.

We won't win again this season if he leaves now :goggle: