Blackpool in for Philiskirk

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philliskirk has certainly plateuxed, probably become disillusioned with the clubs goings on after being at more professional set ups...his dad has probably also recommended he moves on as he can't afford to go backwards at this stage of his career. That begs the question of are Blackpool really any better than us?

Maybe it's best to draw the line, in a football culture full of extremities, to just say he's an average footballer.

Good brain and work rate, limited ability. Every team needs a Philliskirk. Suits League 1. It would be a shame to lose a local lad who is generally consistent and plays for the team but we're probably not going to be too upset if he leaves for a decent fee.

He only looks a good player when the team are playing well. Otherwise he's a passenger as he isn't capable of changing a game on his own.

He might crop up with an odd goal here and there, but it doesn't mean he's playing well in those games.

Here's a question, would it be hard to replace Philliskirk with a striker who'd have a 1 in 7league record after 2 and a half seasons.

If the answer to that question is yes then we really are :censored:ed.

He has been our best player this season (and top goalscorer) when we all know that the team have been absolutely :censored:e

The goals he crops up with have mainly been winners or late equalisers=Points gained

I dont care about history-this season is what we should base any decision on. You cant compare his scoring record this season to a striker as he is in midfield

We are :censored:ed as long as Corney remains in charge assisted by Baz-it doesnt really matter who is sold this month.

By the way if he agrees to go to Blackpool he really will be fcuked

He has been our best player this season (and top goalscorer) when we all know that the team have been absolutely :censored:e

The goals he crops up with have mainly been winners or late equalisers=Points gained

I dont care about history-this season is what we should base any decision on. You cant compare his scoring record this season to a striker as he is in midfield

We are :censored:ed as long as Corney remains in charge assisted by Baz-it doesnt really matter who is sold this month.

By the way if he agrees to go to Blackpool he really will be fcuked

Okay, so Philly's a midfielder, we sell him for 100k and play Kelly and Jones in centre mid, as we did last season, we weren't so bad with those two in the middle were we? That takes Jones from being played out of position out wide and frees up a space for a proper winger, and we might actually start resembling a functioning team.

When I got Gordon to ask Dunn a question about transfers he stated he needed a CB and two wingers as a priority. The wingers he said had already talked with and were going to be a class above! He was wanting jones back in CM when this happened but Jones prefers LM than CM so I don't know whether that is why wellens has been brought in. Forte wellens Kelly Jones

When I got Gordon to ask Dunn a question about transfers he stated he needed a CB and two wingers as a priority. The wingers he said had already talked with and were going to be a class above! He was wanting jones back in CM when this happened but Jones prefers LM than CM so I don't know whether that is why wellens has been brought in. Forte wellens Kelly Jones

He has an excellent winger sitting on the bench.

What's Petrasso up to?

Flog Philly for 100k

Pray Tarky :censored:s off for up to 4 mil (we get 20% of the profit I believe) so could net us a good 500-700k

Kelly will go lets be honest

And now yeates.

Plenty enough for a centre half. Not to mention Dunn will be trying to offload some of the :censored:e i.e Connor brown, Mills apparently (god knows whats happened to that lad) and some of the youth/fringe players

Philly will be on decent cash too.

Edited by aaronoafc

Poleon's goal record is better than Philliskirk, and I'd imagine he'll be the direct replacement on the right wing.

We might as well throw the towel in now then! Get the big lad there. Least he'll put a shift, can control a ball and cover his full back!

I'm not going to claim to be outraged but I do think it's a mistake to sell Philliskirk, given the position we're in. Say what you like about him but 7 goals in 28 is a decent return for someone who, for the most part, doesn't play up front, in a crap team.

True fact: Latics have won three league games this season and Danny Philliskirk has scored the winning goal in all three.

Philliskirk is not a million miles away from the new Vernon (okay, I know it's not an entirely fair comparison). Many seem to think we could do much better than him but I reckon he'll do okay elsewhere. He doesn't seem to excel at any one aspect but still scores goals. I'd like to have seen him get an extended run as an out-and-out striker but the problems we have run through the team and without the right partner and service anyone, him included, would struggle.

I'm not going to claim to be outraged but I do think it's a mistake to sell Philliskirk, given the position we're in. Say what you like about him but 7 goals in 28 is a decent return for someone who, for the most part, doesn't play up front, in a crap team.

True fact: Latics have won three league games this season and Danny Philliskirk has scored the winning goal in all three.

He could have served us well without ever setting the world alight for many years but, needs must.

If we can replace him with somebody with a bit more oomph we might well end up better off.

Philliskirk is not a million miles away from the new Vernon (okay, I know it's not an entirely fair comparison). Many seem to think we could do much better than him but I reckon he'll do okay elsewhere. He doesn't seem to excel at any one aspect but still scores goals. I'd like to have seen him get an extended run as an out-and-out striker but the problems we have run through the team and without the right partner and service anyone, him included, would struggle.

Funnily enough, just like Vernon we're selling him to Blackpool and probably bringing in Wellens immediately after!