Blackpool in for Philiskirk

He's probably looking for a longer contract than we are able or willing to offer.

Shame, because compared to what we have there at the moment he was a big improvement. In the last couple of home games where Dunn brought him on, he helped to liven us up and make things happen. Still can't believe he wasn't used last week.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be an element of that.

Another month of bad results and we are practically down anyway.

Dummigan and Lafferty have been good though, not sure why people are bellyaching about them signing.

presumably as its only for a month?

the only real things that annoys me about this transfer is that Blackpool will play him in his natural position and he will score goals.

once again making Oldham Athletic look like fools for letting a natural goal scorer join a releagtion rival!

plus he is bound to score against us....

the only real things that annoys me about this transfer is that Blackpool will play him in his natural position and he will score goals.

once again making Oldham Athletic look like fools for letting a natural goal scorer join a releagtion rival!

plus he is bound to score against us....

Absolutely brain dead management-and for once it cannot be blamed on Dunn.

Dead set against Danny going but it's not up to me.

Anybody who thinks we can replace him for £100k and £50k salary or less does not know their arse from their elbow.

Also anybody who thinks Dunn will see any part of the £100k is just plain daft - there is a stand to finish.

Finally if you were Danny and knew that Dunn was staying wouldn't you want to go for a bit more money and to avoid league 2?

Could be an element of that.

Another month of bad results and we are practically down anyway.

Dummigan and Lafferty have been good though, not sure why people are bellyaching about them signing.

I agree they are both decent but if they have only signed for a month and don't re-sign then Dunn will have to play the players he clearly thinks arnt good enough again and we are back to square one.

I agree they are both decent but if they have only signed for a month and don't re-sign then Dunn will have to play the players he clearly thinks arnt good enough again and we are back to square one.

We might be virtually relegated in a months time, Dunn may or may not have gone.

Dead set against Danny going but it's not up to me.

Anybody who thinks we can replace him for £100k and £50k salary or less does not know their arse from their elbow.

Also anybody who thinks Dunn will see any part of the £100k is just plain daft - there is a stand to finish.

Finally if you were Danny and knew that Dunn was staying wouldn't you want to go for a bit more money and to avoid league 2?

Preston payed £50k for Daniel Johnson, we payed nowt for Baxter, nowt for Harkins, nowt for Winchester, nowt for Smith, £20k for Murphy, nowt for Rasulo, nowt for Forte, nowt for Rooney, nowt for Yeates.

He's replaceable, whichever position you reckon he is best.

With Philiskirk and yeates going then surely after Centre Back and Goalkeeper the next part of the team that needs strengthening will be attacking midfielders/wingers. Our in ability to put the ball in the back of net appears more down to the lack of chances created, than constantly missing sitters. Bring in at lead 2 creative players on top of what we have got and get the CB possibly 2 and a goal keeper at least 1 of which is captain material then we can avoid the drop.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Clearly we are living hand to mouth.

Is he going to increase in value? No.

Is he going to make the difference between staying up or not? Unlikely.

1) Agreed 2) Probably Not 3) His leaving will make it less likely-if only for his Goals . His Goals will also help one of our rivals!

It is just a mind numbingly bad decision, whether you rate him personally or not-the Manager clearly does, as did previous Managers

1) Agreed 2) Probably Not 3) His leaving will make it less likely-if only for his Goals . His Goals will also help one of our rivals!

It is just a mind numbingly bad decision, whether you rate him personally or not-the Manager clearly does, as did previous Managers

If you think this decision is bad just wait until we sell Murphy.

Preston payed £50k for Daniel Johnson, we payed nowt for Baxter, nowt for Harkins, nowt for Winchester, nowt for Smith, £20k for Murphy, nowt for Rasulo, nowt for Forte, nowt for Rooney, nowt for Yeates.

He's replaceable, whichever position you reckon he is best.

I agree that he's replaceable, I just have my doubts that he will be adequately replaced. I don't think it's a risk we should be taking if we want to avoid relegation and that's why I think this transfer is a mistake.

Our future isn't resting on whether we keep Philly or not. That idea is ludicrous.

There are two judgment days to come, the first one is 31st January when we know (from our point of view) how well the transfer window has gone.

The second one will be the last match of the season when we know which league we are playing in next season.

One thing is easier to guess: with the present squad and management we are heading for League 2.