Blackpool in for Philiskirk

Our future isn't resting on whether we keep Philly or not. That idea is ludicrous.

There are two judgment days to come, the first one is 31st January when we know (from our point of view) how well the transfer window has gone.

The second one will be the last match of the season when we know which league we are playing in next season.

One thing is easier to guess: with the present squad and management we are heading for League 2.

We might know which league we seen well before the last match at this rate...

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75k is still robbing them blind.

For those arguing against the sale

If Philliskirk were to stay and replicate his brilliant goal scoring form from the first half of the season, would his 5 goals from January to May be enough to keep us up?

Goal scoring record after being played here, there and everywhere. I don't think it's the end of the world but if he plays upfront for them, there's a good chance he'll score more.

75k is still robbing them blind.

For those arguing against the sale

If Philliskirk were to stay and replicate his brilliant goal scoring form from the first half of the season, would his 5 goals from January to May be enough to keep us up?

For those for the sale, how will you feel when we don't get them 5 goals philliskirk would of scored and Blackpool did, resulting in us going down and them staying up?

To anybody who is happy with our top goal scorer (:censored: or not) going to a rival relegation struggler is off there head!!

So the revolving door circus continues. Local lad,strong work ethic, empathy with the club,top goalscorer given away to a rival for a pittance. These are the type of players we should be keeping as a core. No let's just bring in more here today gone tomorrow loans which no one can identify with. Oh and as an aside let's let our most recent player of the month join him at our rivals.

For those for the sale, how will you feel when we don't get them 5 goals philliskirk would of scored and Blackpool did, resulting in us going down and them staying up?

To anybody who is happy with our top goal scorer (:censored: or not) going to a rival relegation struggler is off there head!!

I know what you're saying but having someone with a bit more ambition in his place might result in far more goals not to mention far more entertainment...?

I know what you're saying but having someone with a bit more ambition in his place might result in far more goals not to mention far more entertainment...?

i hope so! I doubt it though! I'm more likely to see a blue sky tomorrow than we are of finding a decent replacement

Yeates been offered 18 months Philly 2 years according to a Blackpool journalist

Can't believe he didn't at least give us the chance to offer him another 1 month deal.

Worrying that he wasn't considered worthy of a longer deal. Looked dangerous and committed every time I saw him play.

Can't believe he didn't at least give us the chance to offer him another 1 month deal.

Worrying that he wasn't considered worthy of a longer deal. Looked dangerous and committed every time I saw him play.

I liked him but no way we are offering contracts out at this stage given where we are.

How many winners has Poleon scored this season?

I would say to do so is an impact on a game

And then he's anonymous for the next eight games.

Poleon occupies defenders, he runs forwards, as does Winchester (sometimes)

I'd rather have a :censored: quick one than a :censored: slow one.

We didn't even offer an extension to Yeates, despite him being perhaps our best attacking player? Stunned.

This squad is going to be overhauled enormously come summer, if Dunn's still in a job.

As for Poleon, we've seen that when he gets a run of games in the side he can be very effective. Gives you an urgency that no other player except Kelly provides, and is always a threat, even when he isn't playing well. I'd be more than happy to pin down either a striking or a wing spot.

When he played up front in his first year he bagged 15 he's been :censored:ed about wide and in CM since

4 league goals in his first season. The rest were in the cup.

5 goals isn't keeping anybody up. There's 23 matches left to play.