Assuming that a board takeover isn't possible...

Who do we need to change more: The manager and coaching staff or the playing staff?

The easy answer is both of course, but if Dunn can't motivate the current bunch enough to avoid defeat next weekend then he has to be the first to go. Holden and Brown can follow him out of the door too.

Need to sack Holden and bring in a fecking Manager that can get a tune out of the players. Keep Dunn either as assistant or player. To stay up we must give a Manager a crack and utilise the January transfer window. It's Corney's fault we have these two inexperienced cheap as chips coaches if we don't act now we are relegation fodder.

If we don't get 3 points next Saturday, Dunn has to go. That leave's Corney to prove to us how much Latics means to him by bringing in an experienced manager to rescue us. Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the job goes to Ricardo Fuller!

It all depends on how much Corney is actually arsed about the club. Sack the manager and coaching staff and we could be left in a similar state to now as the wheel of shizzel continues if he doesn't or won't invest in the club. Or he invests, gives the manager a chance with a bit of a budget and reforms the durge we have now.

I can't see Corney having the stones to sack Dunn and I'm living on a prayer that he gives Dunn money to spend in January but I can't see it being enough to reform the squad.

We could be in for a rough ride from now on, that's for sure

The reality is we have been dicing with death for so long now...what can we seriously expect as the budget gets cut year after year after flirting with relegation each year. It was inevitable we would drop sooner or later after the last 4 years...Corneys interest in the footballing matters are at an all time low and im pretty certain this year will be our year, no facts tell me any otherwise and we probably deserve it.

It all depends on how much Corney is actually arsed about the club. Sack the manager and coaching staff and we could be left in a similar state to now as the wheel of shizzel continues if he doesn't or won't invest in the club. Or he invests, gives the manager a chance with a bit of a budget and reforms the durge we have now.

I can't see Corney having the stones to sack Dunn and I'm living on a prayer that he gives Dunn money to spend in January but I can't see it being enough to reform the squad.

We could be in for a rough ride from now on, that's for sure

League 2, we're halfway there...

If we're to stay up, something has to change, but the board aren't going anywhere and neither are the majority of the players. The most direct road to saving the season is to get a new manager in.

Today was largely passionless, tactically clueless and we were second to every ball - but still probably one of the best games we've had under Dunn.

If we don't get 3 points next Saturday, Dunn has to go. That leave's Corney to prove to us how much Latics means to him by bringing in an experienced manager to rescue us. Saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the job goes to Ricardo Fuller!

SC won't invest his own money. We have to use the budget available which depends on turnover. Play worse and worse, turnover goes down and down. Vicious circle.

I'm not sure any decent players would want to come to us in the transfer window. If we advertise for a new manager though, there are plenty of experienced managers out there who will apply. Just then a question of salary. But better to be in a job than not. Could Holloway get us out of this mess?

If we're to stay up, something has to change, but the board aren't going anywhere and neither are the majority of the players. The most direct road to saving the season is to get a new manager in.

Today was largely passionless, tactically clueless and we were second to every ball - but still probably one of the best games we've had under Dunn.

Really?

I don't recognise that view at all.

Really?

I don't recognise that view at all.

Some were second to the ball, Cassidy being a prime example? did he win anything in the air or on the ground,

Did Philiskirk and Winchester win any tackles?

Edited by BP1960

Was told yesterday that Dunn is very confident of keeping his job because of the dire financial situation.

His job does come with a salary but he has volunteered to go without payment to help the club's finances, and hasn't been paid since he started the job.

However, were he to be sacked, his full salary would become payable immediately.

Was told yesterday that Dunn is very confident of keeping his job because of the dire financial situation.

His job does come with a salary but he has volunteered to go without payment to help the club's finances, and hasn't been paid since he started the job.

However, were he to be sacked, his full salary would become payable immediately.

If true its a :censored:ing shambles.

Interesting if true.

Shows just how desperate we are for new investment. No professional club should expect their manager to work for free. It's no wonder that any self-respecting manager hasn't come anywhere near our club.

Credit to Dunn if he has voluntarily gone without pay, but an unpaid manager who isn't up to the task still represents false economy.

It was the most committed performance I've seen in weeks.

A :censored: defence was our biggest problem.

Some of these defenders have been in

the team as there was no one else.

I feel this won't be the case when the January transfer window opens.

Mills and the Wilsons are capable of so much more concentration and ownership.

Totally agree - but they have not shown it on any consistant basis since they had Rachubka behind them.

Organisation and communication have to come from behind them as well. The warning signs for the first goal were there 5 minutes before when Williams pulled into the same channel between the same players and left everybody looking for the offside flag that never came.

They can and have defended excellently at times over the past two seasons. They need some help at present.....but it wouldn't surprise me if James Wilson doesn't play for the club again.

His frustration at Cornell has been building for weeks. I think there was some form of altercation at half time.