Colchester

We have a habit of ending runs for all the wrong reasons.

Barnsley had lost 8 league games on the bounce when they came to BP recently and we duly obliged by ending their run and handing them the points.

Colchester, our next visitors, have lost their last 9.....if we lose this one the towel will have been well and truly thrown in.............it's nailed on, isn't it?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coleman

Dummigan

B Wilson

Dieng

Mills

Philliskirk/Poleon/Croft

Kelly

Jones

Yeates

Cassidy/Philliskirk

Murphy

Don't like the idea of changing the defence regularly but can you really justify Eckersley and J Wilson retaining their spots?

Also, Cassidy hasn't done much for me since returning. We could let him have a run of games to get back into form or stick Philly in there as a number 10. That space in between the Donny defence and midfield was too often vacant. With Murphy's movement, an intelligent player could make plenty of chances for him - that could easily be Winchester, but he's clearly not on song and isn't deserving of a spot.

Not for me, I know he can play deep and let Kelly roam further forward but why play that when the Kelly/Jones partnership is tried and tested? Dunns reluctance to play Jones centrally is nearly as mystifying as his backing of Cornell as a keeper.

Didn't Dunn say that jones prefers to play wide in an interview not long ago?

Didn't Dunn say that jones prefers to play wide in an interview not long ago?

So the players are picking the team now? Jones will do a job in most positions in midfield but theres no doubt the Kelly/Jones partnership is the best we have had in the middle in the past 18 months.

Winchester will never fulfill his potential here as long as I've a hole in my arse, talent in abundance but...no bottle, no desire, and woefully lacking in fitness.

I wouldn't mind betting he'll end up in non league before too long....massively overrated by a fair few on here!!!

Coleman

Dummigan

B Wilson

Dieng

Mills

Philliskirk/Poleon/Croft

Kelly

Jones

Yeates

Cassidy/Philliskirk

Murphy

Don't like the idea of changing the defence regularly but can you really justify Eckersley and J Wilson retaining their spots?

Also, Cassidy hasn't done much for me since returning. We could let him have a run of games to get back into form or stick Philly in there as a number 10. That space in between the Donny defence and midfield was too often vacant. With Murphy's movement, an intelligent player could make plenty of chances for him - that could easily be Winchester, but he's clearly not on song and isn't deserving of a spot.

Cassidy's only played a couple of games after 4 months out and the only way he'll improve is by giving him games.

Give him 10 games alongside Murphy or Forte and we'll see a good partnership develop.

That's half the problem here as we haven't had a settled side all season.

Coleman

Dummigan

B Wilson

Dieng

Mills

Philliskirk/Poleon/Croft

Kelly

Jones

Yeates

Cassidy/Philliskirk

Murphy

That intelligent player is Rasulo who would benefit from creating chances for a front two, there's a lack of flair in the team with midfielders too deep, or square pegs in round holes out wide.

Rasolu dinking the ball into the penalty area is something Murphy in particular would thrive on.

Doubt it will happen though as two holding midfielders will probably be given prefetence.

Edited by BP1960

That intelligent player is Rasulo who would benefit from creating chances for a front two, there's a lack of flair in the team with midfielders too deep, or square pegs in round holes out wide.

Rasolu dinking the ball into the penalty area is something Murphy in particular would thrive on.

Doubt it will happen though as two holding midfielders will probably be given prefetence.

I think it's more necessary than a preference. Our defence is so bad we couldn't possibly play Rasulo at the head of a midfield diamond (which is what I think you're suggesting).

A compromise could be Wellens who might have the nouse and experience to unlock a defence from a bit further back without leaving the defence exposed.

Winchester will never fulfill his potential here as long as I've a hole in my arse, talent in abundance but...no bottle, no desire, and woefully lacking in fitness.

I wouldn't mind betting he'll end up in non league before too long....massively overrated by a fair few on here!!!

Probably just a coincidence that Dunn's his manager.

Probably just a coincidence that Dunn's his manager.

I think it's more necessary than a preference. Our defence is so bad we couldn't possibly play Rasulo at the head of a midfield diamond (which is what I think you're suggesting).

A compromise could be Wellens who might have the nouse and experience to unlock a defence from a bit further back without leaving the defence exposed.

It begs the question what is Rasulo doing here if we cant play to his strengths?

He has qualities no one else in the sqaud possesses that should be utilised to full effect and for once give us a chance of taking the lead in a game.

Unfortunately, I feel he will go back to MK Dons without us seeing the best of him.

Edited by BP1960

It begs the question what is Rasulo doing here if we cant play to his strengths?

He has qualities no one else in the sqaud possesses that should be utilised to full effect and for once give us a chance of taking the lead in a game.

Unfortunately, I feel he will go back to MK Dons without us seeing the best of him.

Was always asking a lot of a 18yo to come in, start every week and make an big impact.

You won't have seen enough of him to think otherwise.

Was always asking a lot of a 18yo to come in, start every week and make an big impact.

You won't have seen enough of him to think otherwise.

Its not his age it's the deep lying midfield tactics we use which means he's often on the bench, these are the very tactics which have produced a string of losses at home.

Time to change things and let him play in that free role. Murphy in particular would love the service.

Its not his age it's the deep lying midfield tactics we use which means he's often on the bench, these are the very tactics which have produced a string of losses at home.

Time to change things and let him play in that free role. Murphy in particular would love the service.

Creating chances wasn't really the problem yesterday though.