Colchester

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I point out we are unbeaten this year? :)

Nice one. Made me smile.

To be honest, i've given up all hope. It only leads to frustration and depression. This is a piss poor team. We're about to sell our only asset and we have a manager who is without doubt utterly lacking inspiration let alone tactical awareness. We should've stuck with Jim Harvey.

Nice one. Made me smile.

To be honest, i've given up all hope. It only leads to frustration and depression. This is a piss poor team. We're about to sell our only asset and we have a manager who is without doubt utterly lacking inspiration let alone tactical awareness. We should've stuck with Jim Harvey.

For frustration and depression I'm sticking with Jack Daniels.

Edited by BP1960

Today's substitution was awful!!!!

Why pull a striker off at home when 1-0 up and resort to 1 up top when he hadn't had much joy in the air against George all game. Taking Murphy off took the spring out of the team and gave them confidence. They pushed forward as we invited pressure.

Philly and Jones did very little so they should have been changed for fresh legs.

Worse sub decision I have seen in a long time!

Edited by super_blue

It's very worrying indeed. I'm turning up expecting us to turn a corner. It's not happening.

I've also been doing that, but after nearly 50 years that's it. The club is an utter shambles which permeates down from the top. The people Corney has appointed to run the club in his absence are a complete joke. If they don't put money in they shouldn't be allowed to join the board. I saw Barry at Bury strutting around in the directors box with Ian Hill.

Loyal fans moved out of their preferred stand against the wishes of the majority, and not one season ticket holder was consulted properly.

Whoever is supervising the North Stand should be told to pack their bags.

Even the floodlights are a joke. Too bright in front of the main stand, or not bright enough elsewhere. This has been ongong since last season. Gordon said in a commentary recently that they are having problems finding new bulbs for the pylons because the fittings are so old. The obvious answer s to change the fittings.

None league clubs are run better than OAFC.

The manager is unable to motivate the players, and by all accounts wants a completely new team n January, by trying to clear out the dross, and selling the better ones. Trouble with that is no other team wants our dross, and the only players available we can afford are the dross other clubs don't want.

Rant over, but that was my last game until I see a drastic improvement.

When one up after five mins I though finally we are going for it. The well worked goal made me feel this too. By min 25 when we had a few chances to break yet played it side to side and backwards I said to a friend its obvious they will score here. Had we gone in at ht 2 up it was game over. David dunn must think we are barca and when one up we can keep possesion well am sorry David you are as clueless as Darren Kelly if not more so!!! Dunn out!!

That interview from Dunn worries me greatly. His comment about the players he wants to sign being good enough but he might not be allowed to sign them (I am paraphrasing but I think that's the gist) is a cop out. We could all come up with a list of players who would improve the squad if we didn't need to worry about whether they are realistic targets.

I really get the impression at times that when he came in he didn't understand the constraints at the club. We are clearly in serious financial trouble. The 3 months of late wages and the stand delays prove that. There is no way that funds are going to be made available in January beyond being able to reinvest some of the wage savings we make by offloading players.

I find it difficult to believe that this is news to him.

That interview from Dunn worries me greatly. His comment about the players he wants to sign being good enough but he might not be allowed to sign them (I am paraphrasing but I think that's the gist) is a cop out. We could all come up with a list of players who would improve the squad if we didn't need to worry about whether they are realistic targets.

I really get the impression at times that when he came in he didn't understand the constraints at the club. We are clearly in serious financial trouble. The 3 months of late wages and the stand delays prove that. There is no way that funds are going to be made available in January beyond being able to reinvest some of the wage savings we make by offloading players.

I don't think it's a cop out at all. It's not as if he'll be targeting Barcelonas reserve centre half and back up keeper. He's identified players who he feels will improve us who should be realistic targets, if he isn't allowed to bring them in it's hardly his fault is it? Trouble is the players he will want to ship out are so bad in attitude and ability that no one else will want them. He'll be forced to sell Kelly and maybe Murphy and Philliskirk if he wants to bring players in so all that means is we'll be strengthening one area of the team while weakening another. He's being made to manage with both hands tied behind his back.

It's his job to find players within the budget we have. And with that budget including selling our captain and potential our only scoring striker.

Smacks of trying to blame the money. But what has the money got to do with the shocking regression of most of the players we already have, the baffling tactics and subs, and haphazard changes and disappearing act of in-form players from the starting XI.

He seems like a worse version of Dickov. He might get one or two names in, maybe a better version of Fulller for example, but all signs point to an inability of the management staff to get this team to click - and to keep players playing to their strengths; in fact they've got worse.

And he's remained loyal to a goalkeeper costing us points every match and who the team clearly don't rate and have any confidence in!

His interview stinks of blaming everyone but himself...he says there's a thousand and one reasons why he thinks we are in the position we are in...he then blamed it being down to 2/3 players not pulling their weight every game. He is polarising everyone in the club to try and protect himself...that does not gain you any respect from those you ultimately need to work and try their best for you. His reluctance to see it might be his approach/style which is leading to the team not working for him may be his downfall

He signed as a player initially, so surely had a pretty good insight into the club's resources and current playing staff before the manager's job came up...yet still took the job. To start complaining about it now stinks a bit. If he thought it was too big a task, he shouldn't have taken the job. I highly doubt his financial solvency depends on it.

Spent too long having his arse wiped and working under managers whose answer to a problem was to buy another couple of players, well welcome to the real world where you have to work with what youv'e got, wheel and deal and develop a few rough diamonds, surely he knew the gig when he took it?

He signed as a player initially, so surely had a pretty good insight into the club's resources and current playing staff before the manager's job came up...yet still took the job. To start complaining about it now stinks a bit. If he thought it was too big a task, he shouldn't have taken the job. I highly doubt his financial solvency depends on it.

Agree to an extent but he only signed as a player on paper - he was the next manager from the moment he arrived - he knew exactly what he was signing up for

Agree to an extent but he only signed as a player on paper - he was the next manager from the moment he arrived - he knew exactly what he was signing up for

My point exactly - and while the board are the ultimate culprits for our present situation, it's also hard to have any sympathy for the manager.

I don't think it's a cop out at all. It's not as if he'll be targeting Barcelonas reserve centre half and back up keeper. He's identified players who he feels will improve us who should be realistic targets, if he isn't allowed to bring them in it's hardly his fault is it? Trouble is the players he will want to ship out are so bad in attitude and ability that no one else will want them. He'll be forced to sell Kelly and maybe Murphy and Philliskirk if he wants to bring players in so all that means is we'll be strengthening one area of the team while weakening another. He's being made to manage with both hands tied behind his back.

He's working with a budget, as are the vast majority of lower league managers.

He's tried to strengthen us 8 or 9 times this season...