Colchester

Only when we went behind.

Winchester's header should have seen us go one up. Jones flung in three or four inviting crosses before Wilson gifted them their first.

We attacked with intent yesterday but were let down by poor finishing and even poorer defending.

I get it that we're piss poor but let's stick to the facts.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A loss to these could see the end of Dunn? Especially if convincing.

It's all well & good him talking about 're-shaping' (he is bound to) but getting beat by them at home could even have Corney realising its not working...

Trust me, lose to them on Saturday and Dunn will be a goner. Rightly so too.

A loss to these could see the end of Dunn? Especially if convincing.

It's all well & good him talking about 're-shaping' (he is bound to) but getting beat by them at home could even have Corney realising its not working...

This is the key issue.

There's a lot of worrying about us selling our best players. While it's understandable, it's rare that we haven't sold our better players in recent seasons. In the past we've been able to find adequate replacements and quite often been able to sell the replacement on for similar amounts of money. The difference is that the managers have shown signs that they were worth backing.

Dunn hasn't. His record is W2 D7 L7. His signing's have been about average on an individual basis, they haven't made the team better and the way he has set the team up doesn't look likely to bring us the wins we require. Saying that he might need two transfer windows to fix things indicates that he doesn't understand the urgency of our situation. Losing to bottom of the league (on a 9 game losing streak) at home would be as clear a sign as any that he doesn't have what it takes.

The only saving grace for him if he loses on Saturday is that we don't have the money to sack him. If that's the case then there's not a lot we can do other than back him in this window and hope against all proof so far that he keeps us up.

I think there is some serious underestimating of Colchester going on here....they have the same numbers of points as us and have scored significantly more goals than us....they ship a few for sure but for a new manager it is easier to stop a side conceding than to get one scoring.

They will come here with 17 elite athletes who are amongst the best footballers of their generation.....we are playing a professional football outfit not The Dog and Duck.

They are struggling and we should expect to win but some on here seem to think some of their players are the little lad with glasses who was always the last pick in the playground.....he wasn't ..he was the lad who was best at rugby cricket and running too

I think there is some serious underestimating of Colchester going on here....they have the same numbers of points as us and have scored significantly more goals than us....they ship a few for sure but for a new manager it is easier to stop a side conceding than to get one scoring.

They will come here with 17 elite athletes who are amongst the best footballers of their generation.....we are playing a professional football outfit not The Dog and Duck.

They are struggling and we should expect to win but some on here seem to think some of their players are the little lad with glasses who was always the last pick in the playground.....he wasn't ..he was the lad who was best at rugby cricket and running too

I have no doubt that Colchester have it in them to beat us, but if we can't at least draw with a team that is bottom of the league, on a significant losing streak and with the worst goals against record by 18 goals of the next worst team at this stage of the season, then it's as clear sign as any that the team isn't good enough for this level and significant changes need to be made.

Colchester will be Dunn's Grimsby* moment and a realisation that the situation is terminal. But I'll happily endure that as long as Dunnzzzz is out on his ear by 5pm....

*february 8 1997 relegation 6 pointer - Oldham Athletic 0 Grimsby Town 3

You're going to be disappointed. No chance Dunn will be sacked, especially as Corney no longer has the stomach to conduct another search. He'll be given a transfer window, and by then, if he's :censored:ed up it'll be too late to make a significant change in management.

I said in another thread their new manger has tightened the defence and despite losing he's been delighted with the way they have played.

Got 1-1 written all over it. Won't do either of us any favours. Dunn won't get sacked, unless there is another grand plan waiting underneath the surface that we all will be taken aback by when announced. Dunn might be given a crack at bringing some of his own players in during the window, it may work and I sincerely hope it does.

For me, it's the uncertainty of what is going to happen next. No one of a certain seniority seems to want to tell us anything about plans, back up plans and reactions to different situations that may or may not arise. I'm sure we'd all feel better if we were told what to expect rather than speculating blindly about the direction the club is pulling.