Colchester

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it he gets no credit for the well worked goal then. Or signing today's MOM. Yes he's fkd up the goalkeeping situation and after today if Coleman isn't back in he wants kicking but he's a few months into the job. Royle was :censored: for two years at least according to most around at the time and we all know that changing managers every few months works don't we, I mean look at Liverpool under Shankly / Paisley and Arsenal under Wenger and Utd under Ferguson. Giving your manager time never works does it.

I take it he gets no credit for the well worked goal then. Or signing today's MOM. Yes he's fkd up the goalkeeping situation and after today if Coleman isn't back in he wants kicking but he's a few months into the job. Royle was :censored: for two years at least according to most around at the time and we all know that changing managers every few months works don't we, I mean look at Liverpool under Shankly / Paisley and Arsenal under Wenger and Utd under Ferguson. Giving your manager time never works does it.

Because Joe Royle was :censored: for two years and then amazing doesn't mean that every manager we appoint is going to be :censored: for two years and then amazing!

Comparing Dunn to that lot is delusional - and the game has changed - oh and he's completely inept, I'm sure all those you mentioned showed some sign of having a clue early doors even if it wasn't going right from day 1 - David "everyone's to blame but me" isn't showing anything at all

We are 5 points away from safety that is two wins in order to get out of the relegetion zone, we have only won three times this year. I don't know how we can get out of it. Today was a must win against a very poor side. The next must win game is Shrewsbury, if we lose that then I think it's curtains.

My thoughts on yesterday.

We simply feared Colchester, which after going 1-0 up against a team massively out of form and rock bottom of the league is a huge indictment of where we are at right now. We played like we feared losing possession going forward, so decided to play across and back. This let them gain confidence which would have been shattered by pressing like we did the first five minutes and getting another goal.

It's all pretty unforgivable really. And of course the buck stops with the management but I think it's getting beyond sacking him and bringing someone else in. We're not missing too much either. Cassidy is fine if the service gets better. Murphy's bang in form even though he can't hold the ball for :censored:. We HAVE to start with natural width, not :censored:ing Mike Jones and :censored:ing Danny Philliskirk.

But the problem doesn't really lie with goal scoring (there's only one match at home we've not scored in), the problem lies with a clear lack of organisation and leadership at the back. Had we someone like Gregan, Lockwood or hell, even Elokobi at the back we'd have come away with all three points yesterday and been deserved winners in a crucial relegation match.

The width point is very valid, and even more frustrating when we actually had it on either side. Yeates has been one of our stand-out players this season and we have Poleon on the other wing if needs be, somebody who we know is capable on his day but is a nuisance even when not.

Dunn has known about our CB problems since he first took over and he has done jack :censored: to rectify it.

Brings in fullbacks and midfielders and completely ignores where the real problems are.

Blue eyed boy at Blackburn but knows :censored: all about managing , especially a team in league one.

Blames everyone except himself and everybodies fault except his.

Please SC dont give him the January transfer window to get us deeper into the crap , act now or league 2 here we come.

Check you got the point of my post..

We finished 7th in the second tier with 61 points in Royle's first season. Consequently I was making the point that Wozzers assertion to which you replying is wrong...royle wasn't poor in his first year. You were right to points out the non sequitur of his argument even if though the argument was self defeating in itself

Eastman for them was outstanding again yesterday . and I cant ever remember him having a bad game against us. Exactly the type of c/b we need.

I thought this too, although to be fair we didn't give him much to do. Would be happy if we signed him though.

One point that baffled me on Saturday. We had a spell, brief, in second half where we put them under pressure and there was a noticeable increase of noise in BP. I looked at the bench and the assistant, name escapes me, was gesturing as if to say 'calm down'. Eh?

One point that baffled me on Saturday. We had a spell, brief, in second half where we put them under pressure and there was a noticeable increase of noise in BP. I looked at the bench and the assistant, name escapes me, was gesturing as if to say 'calm down'. Eh?

In fairness, I was thinking that about the Athleticos all afternoon....

In fairness, I was thinking that about the Athleticos all afternoon....

Its difficult to get any atmosphere going because theres a little party going on in that section of the RRE, it probably sounds okay in that block but its not carrying to the rest of the ground, all you get is the thud of the drum, not critisising the effort but the repetitive nature of the chants now isn't helping the rest of the crowd to back the team.

Edited by yarddog73

Its difficult to get any atmosphere going because theres a little party going on in that section of the RRE, it probably sounds okay in that block but its not carrying to the rest of the ground, all you get is the thud of the drum, not critisising the effort but the repetitive nature of the chants now isn't helping the rest of the crowd to back the team.

There are a few things the Athleticos do that are proper :censored:e and I hate drums at the Football.

However, I do feel they should be beyond criticism as they are basically the future of the club.

There are a few things the Athleticos do that are proper :censored:e and I hate drums at the Football.

However, I do feel they should be beyond criticism as they are basically the future of the club.

they need teaching right then - nobody is beyond criticism this is owtbs!

Just a joke, but if we ever do find a bit of form there's no chance most of our supporters will get involved with those daft Crystal Palace chants. The only OWTB I heard from BP the other day was from the North Stand.

I really hope that style of vocal support isn't our future...

I don't think it's a cop out at all. It's not as if he'll be targeting Barcelonas reserve centre half and back up keeper. He's identified players who he feels will improve us who should be realistic targets, if he isn't allowed to bring them in it's hardly his fault is it? Trouble is the players he will want to ship out are so bad in attitude and ability that no one else will want them. He'll be forced to sell Kelly and maybe Murphy and Philliskirk if he wants to bring players in so all that means is we'll be strengthening one area of the team while weakening another. He's being made to manage with both hands tied behind his back.

I think you are making a huge assumption there. I think it more likely he might have his sights on players that we would need to go beyond our means for.

With players on short term loan deals? Do me a favour.

Why not. It worked for Crawley, as one example.

And I bet that the majority of players he has identified will improve us are loanees not signings.

January is not the time to be making half a dozen perm signings.

Higdon, for example started off well, and really improved us. Dummigan (1st 20 mins of Gillingham apart) and Lafferty did.

The problem with Dunn is he had cut his nose to spite his face. He'd dismissed the current crop from the off, from his time as a player, but then needed them to perform. He then made 8 or so signings and thought it would easy solve it. (He was very confident if you recall)

As we all know it is the mix/balance of loanees and permanent players. you have to get right.

Edited by singe