New manager being discussed?

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. Fair enough on the Wellens one but Im not really buying the Carsley one at the moment.

Here are some on Bolton within days, quite varied

Today:

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected Tweets 5m5 minutes ago

Bolton. Exploring new way of raising cash. Bit of property. No sign of player sales being done yet. #ticktock

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected Tweets Jan 10

Bolton timings. If there's no concrete takeover offer this week it's looking like the admin route. But sometimes darkest hour before dawn.

Bolton. Need Davies sale to pay for administration process. If Clough goes too it helps in overall sale of club. #grim

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected Tweets Jan 10

Zach Clough. Going down to Bristol City for talks. Shame for the kid that he's being shown the door to keep his club going.

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected Tweets Jan 8

Bristol City. Huge bid for Zach Clough at Bolton. Fee accepted. Pay a few bills. Player can speak. May need persuading. Bit more in paper(?)

If you thought we were having a fire sale, it aint nothing on Bolton's if he is to be believes. Interest in Davies, Zach Clough, & Darren Pratley.

Kinell he's :censored: hot this guy, everything there was already common knowledge when he tweeted it or it's stating the obvious. He'll probably tweet David Bowie is seriously ill tomorrow.

John Pilger he ain't.

True, he didn't endear himself at all, but was he also the best centre forward in the club's history?

From Wikipedia (yes I know) 30 goals in 6 years for us. Then from my own memory - missed a sitter in the FA Cup Semi Final before Mark Hughes ruined my childhood and also took the worst penalty I've ever seen against Leeds in the league which arguably sent us down.... No where near the greatest centre forward in my book Edited by JWhite101

My source seemed quite solid as sources go.... :shy:

Very strange. Or maybe not to those with more experience of him....

Doubt he'll go this week now. Which wold only leave a new mgr a couple of weeks. So things will have go downhill rapidly, I think. We're are not playing well, but not getting battered. Two or three decent signings could really help.

:censored: or Bust.

Best centre forwards I have seen:

Big Clyde

Lee Hughes

Luke Beckett

When they played you expected them to score when they played. Can't think of others I would say that about.

Add Ian Marshall, Mick Quinn, Bert Lister, Ron Futcher was very underrated.

From Wikipedia (yes I know) 30 goals in 6 years for us. Then from my own memory - missed a sitter in the FA Cup Semi Final before Mark Hughes ruined my childhood and also took the worst penalty I've ever seen against Leeds in the league which arguably sent us down.... No where near the greatest centre forward in my book

He retired in 1994, three of those years he was the manager so not surprising he didn't score many.

Add Ian Marshall, Mick Quinn, Bert Lister, Ron Futcher was very underrated.

Yea and George Jones, Vic Halom and Alan Young. All proper centre forwards. Just thought Sharp did a good job for us, ,he was brave and knew where the goal was. Even though he was past his best when we signed him he scored his fair share for a struggling side in the Prem.

He retired in 1994, three of those years he was the manager so not surprising he didn't score many.

You're right - I did say "I know" when quoting Wikipedia ?, 30 goals in 3 years is still fairly underwhelming if you're claiming him to be the greatest in the clubs history. Porter managed 20 or 21 in one season alone. And he still took that penalty... I could have done better with that one lol