New manager being discussed?

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this club is run as badly as many on here would have you believe.

Why would John Sheridan previously sacked by the club and party to the inner workings of the club for many years come back?

Given how disgracefully he was treated I very much doubt he would come back...

Edited by oafc0000

Get ride of Shez and Dickov are probably the two dumbest moves Corney ever made IMO...

I know Dickov resigned but it sure felt like the club wanted rid at the time...

EDITED to correct mistake

Looks like Doncaster made the same mistake with Dickov...just unlucky I guess?

Looks like Doncaster made the same mistake with Dickov...just unlucky I guess?

And their brilliant league positions since he left just goes to show how badly he was managing them and all the problems in the boardroom had no affect...

I liked Dickov as a player and I still think he will make a good manager one day.

And their brilliant league positions since he left just goes to show how badly he was managing them and all the problems in the boardroom had no affect...

I liked Dickov as a player and I still think he will make a good manager one day.

Since dickov was sacked they've flown up the league sitting 6 points outside the play offs. He's a nice guy but a :censored: manager

I thought Dickov would still make a decent manager after leaving us, but on the odd occasion that I saw Donny play it looked like he hadn't learned a thing from his time with us.

And I don't like Darren Ferguson but since he took over them a few months ago he's shown just how poorly Dickov did.

Latest from the journo that broke the news of Carsley interest, but also of Wellens to Shrews:

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected Tweets 16s16 seconds ago

Oldham. David Dunn still in charge. And looking to sign players.

Seeing as the back of the Chron says,

Boss Dunn looking to bolster ailing Latics as the headline its hardly a scoop, Matt Chambers posted it on Twatter a couple of hours ago.

Edited by yarddog73

Well that's us done then with this clown in charge.

At least it's more money saved for me, no manager before Dunn has driven me to stop attending games but I haven't been since Barnsley at home now and it's getting easier to stay away.

Hopefully the sack him before my interest has completely disappeared.

Edited by dec666

The Chron's story is based round Holden's post-match interview. The only reference to Dunn is that he told the Chronicle last night the club is “very close” to getting things right — and that he hopes to add new men, ideally this week.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96080/signings-hope-for-latics

The Chron's story is based round Holden's post-match interview. The only reference to Dunn is that he told the Chronicle last night the club is “very close” to getting things right — and that he hopes to add new men, ideally this week.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96080/signings-hope-for-latics

Meppen-Walter is the one that seems on the horizon. Worried he is viewed as the player rescue our season.

Seeing as the back of the Chron says,

Boss Dunn looking to bolster ailing Latics as the headline its hardly a scoop, Matt Chambers posted it on Twatter a couple of hours ago.

Indeed. Fair enough on the Wellens one but Im not really buying the Carsley one at the moment.

Here are some on Bolton within days, quite varied

Today:

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko Protected Tweets 5m5 minutes ago

Bolton. Exploring new way of raising cash. Bit of property. No sign of player sales being done yet. #ticktock

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko Protected Tweets Jan 10

Bolton timings. If there's no concrete takeover offer this week it's looking like the admin route. But sometimes darkest hour before dawn.

Bolton. Need Davies sale to pay for administration process. If Clough goes too it helps in overall sale of club. #grim

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko Protected Tweets Jan 10

Zach Clough. Going down to Bristol City for talks. Shame for the kid that he's being shown the door to keep his club going.

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko Protected Tweets Jan 8

Bristol City. Huge bid for Zach Clough at Bolton. Fee accepted. Pay a few bills. Player can speak. May need persuading. Bit more in paper(?)

If you thought we were having a fire sale, it aint nothing on Bolton's if he is to be believes. Interest in Davies, Zach Clough, & Darren Pratley.

A networking event to be held in the North stand tonight , which was due to be attended by DD and other club officials, has just been cancelled at short notice. Make of that what you will.

Just received this by email:

Good morning,

Please note that the networking event planned for this evening has unfortunately had to be postponed.We will advise of a new date as soon as possible.

Sincere apologies that this is such short notice."

Given that Dunn was the star (and only) attraction, it seems the cancellation could be due to his non attendance.