Corney Speaks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't like sacking managers and Dunn did nothing wrong - results just didn't go for him

2015 not been a good year and board have made mistakes but all were done with best of intentions

Wants people to lay off getting personal with what's said and written (but says people can do what they want)

Thinks 3 or 4 players will give us a chance

Need to retain League 1 status and new stand will make a difference next year both financially and by giving everyone a lift

Everyone wants what's best for the team

Edited by JWhite101

He needs to give Barry some media training!

He's admitted last year was crap and that he and the board made some bad mistakes, but they made those decisions with the best intentions and has talked about plans for next season.

That added to the appointment of Shez is good enough for me. Onwards and (hopefully) upwards!

To be honest I'm just glad to hear him come out and commuicate with the fans as he'd gone very quiet the last couple of months which was genuinely worrying.

Everytime he's appointed a new manager he's issued a statement, it's afterwards when things go tits up that the silence becomes deafening. First time I've heard him publicly admit to making a mistake though.

They could do with either employing a PR company or getting some serious PR training.....

Tbf I'd rather here his genuine thoughts whether we like them or not than some PR spiel.

PR and bull:censored: go hand in hand.

Also, why aren't big announcements like this free view? Surely all fans, particularly season ticket holders deserve to see these interviews?

Tbf I'd rather here his genuine thoughts whether we like them or not than some PR spiel.

PR and bull:censored: go hand in hand.

Also, why aren't big announcements like this free view? Surely all fans, particularly season ticket holders deserve to see these interviews?

It will be in text format I suspect later on the official website, and also in the Chron tomorrow.

Everytime he's appointed a new manager he's issued a statement, it's afterwards when things go tits up that the silence becomes deafening. First time I've heard him publicly admit to making a mistake though.

To be fair he has admitted on several occasions he has made mistakes if you haven't heard him say this you haven't heard or read many of his interviews.

In the past I hadn't been worried but this season with delays in the stand and delays in paying staff I was genuinely worried what was going on. He's the commander in chief and he has to take responsibility for these things we need to know every now and again from him what is going on.

How can a manager with such a :censored:e record as Dunn's - "do nothing wrong" !!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some chainsaws losesome, now please go over there and juggle them.

Dunn did his best, he steadied the ship when we were in serious trouble after the Peterborough tonking and he started to learn what being a football manager is about. He tried but ultimately came up short here, at a time when we were in financial constraints due to the building of the stand which led to players being paid late which increased the uncertainty after the mis-appointment of Kelly.

The amount of abuse directed at Dunn for doing what any number of people would have done and jumped at their first managerial appointment was quite frankly disgusting, not a pop at you losesome, just venting now. Dunn lost and drew some games through managerial decisions, he was let down at times by individual mistakes but he tried to do his best. He said some frank things about players that he will learn from and not repeat if he gets another managerial job.

I'm disappointed it didn't work out for Dunn, I want every Latics manager to succeed, I'm pleased that Shez is back as it was a shame how he left. Hopefully he has learned from the mistakes he made here last time and puts them right this time.

Dunn did his best, he steadied the ship when we were in serious trouble after the Peterborough tonking and he started to learn what being a football manager is about. He tried but ultimately came up short here, at a time when we were in financial constraints due to the building of the stand which led to players being paid late which increased the uncertainty after the mis-appointment of Kelly.

The amount of abuse directed at Dunn for doing what any number of people would have done and jumped at their first managerial appointment was quite frankly disgusting, not a pop at you losesome, just venting now. Dunn lost and drew some games through managerial decisions, he was let down at times by individual mistakes but he tried to do his best. He said some frank things about players that he will learn from and not repeat

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The amount of abuse directed at Dunn for doing what any number of people would have done and jumped at their first managerial appointment was quite frankly disgusting, not a pop at you losesome, just venting now. Dunn lost and drew some games through managerial decisions, he was let down at times by individual mistakes but he tried to do his best. He said some frank things about players that he will learn from and not repeat if he gets another managerial job.

I'm disappointed it didn't work out for Dunn, I want every Latics manager to succeed, I'm pleased that Shez is back as it was a shame how he left. Hopefully he has learned from the mistakes he made here last time and puts them right this time.

Hear :censored:ing Hear.

Sad thing is they don't even realise it.

How can a manager with such a :censored:e record as Dunn's - "do nothing wrong" !!!!!!!!!!!!

He did plenty wrong in my eyes from start to finish, if he was brought in to totally destabilise the club and get us relegated he was right on track, arrogant and delusional till the end the bloke has plenty to learn about managing not only a squad full of players but also his oversized ego, what sort of man spouts so much :censored: yet acheived so little, 3 points from 30 at home tells its own story and the way he slithered into the position was a joke, glad he has gone knew he wouldn't last and those still up his arse are as bad as he is in my book.

Doesn't like sacking managers and Dunn did nothing wrong - results just didn't go for him

So he sacked someone who did nothing wrong in his eyes ?

Hang on a moment....

If you believe what someone is doing is the right thing then you stick by them surely ? or is football just ultimately a game of chance in his eyes ?

Bonkers comment....

They could do with either employing a PR company or getting some serious PR training.....

i'd rather he take more control. i actually think he's the only one who knows what he's doing, but he has delegated responsibility to people of limited ability.

Either that, or appoint someone who also knows what he's doing.

Steadied the ship!!!

What planet are you on?

At the end of the interview he says

"At he end of the day we own the ground. Everything is in our own hands".

That's news to me.

Who is this we?

Doesn't the football club have a 40 year lease?

So the ground, including the land, is owned by the club.

Edited by opinions4u