Like most of our team he lacks confidence he has been with us six months and is on his third manager, he has goals in him as he proved at Tranmere it just needs to click for him, he is only 23 but has been around successful teams in Tranmere, Wolves and Southend, I hope he gets given a run in the team and takes his chance.

Totally unnecessary negative swipe at a good squad player as we try to rebuild a positive team based approach. Chapeau. Sounded like Jake defended well for the cause and the team when he came on for the final few last night.

Prepared to give him time but that's 20 odd games without a goal. It's definitely relevant and a bit concerning.

Prepared to give him time but that's 20 odd games without a goal. It's definitely relevant and a bit concerning.

His "game" last night was a few minutes at the end. His remit would almost certainly have been to defend from the top and help out when we have a corner against us. Unfair to consider that a "game" for a striker. We really shouldn't count last night as "another game without a goal" for Cassidy.

Totally unfair criticism. :censored: service, :censored: team, a significant injury, loads of managers, very low on confidence etc. I defy anyone to thrive in such an environment. For what it's worth he looks like a footballer to me and I would be more than prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Next 15 games may change my opinion but for now leave him alone. That probably goes for the rest of the team as well. Judge in may

Totally unnecessary negative swipe at a good squad player as we try to rebuild a positive team based approach. Chapeau. Sounded like Jake defended well for the cause and the team when he came on for the final few last night.

Spot on.

It's a bit of fun lads.

It is. These days, it seems to be what we are good at, as fans of this club.

In my opinion, that's why we lost Rooney, who I have no doubt would be knocking the goals in, under Shez as manager.

Having said that, I'm sure other fans at other clubs are exactly tthe same.

You searching for someone new to use as a punchbag now your old favourite Philliskirk has left?

Totally unfair criticism. :censored: service, :censored: team, a significant injury, loads of managers, very low on confidence etc. I defy anyone to thrive in such an environment. For what it's worth he looks like a footballer to me and I would be more than prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Next 15 games may change my opinion but for now leave him alone. That probably goes for the rest of the team as well. Judge in may

We have enough empirical evidence over the last few years to know the problem is not our strikers but our service to them.

Lets save the public hanging of one of our players a little while longer please.

It is a very long period of time for any forward to go without scoring a single goal and surely it's fair game for a bit of a piss take.

Posted · Hidden by Stevie_J, January 28, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Stevie_J, January 28, 2016 - No reason given

deyres42 wasnt the biggest retard on here regarding Philly by about a million miles!

So your definition of retard is a person whose views differ from your own? Nice.

When was the last time Cassidy (successfully) won a ball in the air? For a player his height and build, he should be dominating the ariel battle...

Time will tell if he's good enough...

Againt centre halves who have been clearly bigger than him? he won a few 2nd half at Bradford (he was :censored: overall) but they where ignored on here as they resulted in nothing & people love to slag a latics player

Againt centre halves who have been clearly bigger than him? he won a few 2nd half at Bradford (he was :censored: overall) but they where ignored on here as they resulted in nothing & people love to slag a latics player

That wasn't an excuse for Adam Rooney from most...

Cassidy on the other hand is hardly much smaller than the defenders he's facing and wins practically nothing in the air. That's really no excuse - he's 6"2 and his function is to use that height!

He was praised when he played well and he's being criticised now after some terrible performances - hardly seems like an agenda to me.