Crowdfunding scoreboard

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly don't get some people on here. They did a :censored:ing survey and obviously majority said they'd like a new scoreboard. If you don't like the idea don't :censored:ing contribute. Simple as that. No need for a 20 page thread about it. You're in or you're not. Easy

120k for a large tv? Someone's having their pants down

Would you put your TV outside and expect it to work in all weather? Bit more to it than a large TV...

If they wanted to use it as an additional revenue stream they could get one and make it mobile (like the one on display tonight). This way it can be used/hired at events across the north west in the summer off season and between match days!

Edited by super_blue

Where will the money generated from the scoreboard go? If the fans are going to own it then we should decide how the revenue generated from it should be spent, for example starting new projects.

Why would the fans own it? Crowdfunding doesn't typically give those donating a say in decisions, does it?

Where will the money generated from the scoreboard go? If the fans are going to own it then we should decide how the revenue generated from it should be spent, for example starting new projects.

If we sold a player bought through playershare do we have a say in where the money generated from that goes? Nope. Same thing

We've already bought the scoreboard though. Or at least it is at the ground.

I do think it's a bit cheeky to ask for donations for something which will earn the club (or the owners) more money.

I'd want assurances the money would go towards playing budgets.

Erm, isnt this how a football club works? People pay to get in, the more pay the better the product on the pitch becomes and more people pay and the club improves all over with more people turning up again. No different to buying a product of any other company, you expect the product to improve and the company to make more money.

120k for a large tv? Someone's having their pants down

Would you put your TV outside and expect it to work in all weather? Bit more to it than a large TV...

If they wanted to use it as an additional revenue stream they could get one and make it mobile (like the one on display tonight). This way it can be used/hired at events across the north west in the summer off season and between match days!

Also the larger the screen the mosre complex (and expensive ) the technology. It isnt just a case of making each pixel larger. That would just give fuzzy pictures.

The moot point is also whether we can exploit the potential. I guess that partly depends on where the screen is sited, but if it is only fixable in the stadium then options are limited.

f you could site or move it it on the Sheepfoot Lane/Oldham Rd juntion, or backing onto Broadway youd have potential.

However, I can't see that happening, as it is quite a schlep to do that though, and keeping moving it would increase the risk of damage.

Be intereting to see what the clubs view is.

I know we have media guys who do the Latics player content etc, but would be an idea to get college student placements creating and editing content for the screen. Not sure if there's potential for any further funding that way? Or at least cheap labour.

Erm, isnt this how a football club works? People pay to get in, the more pay the better the product on the pitch becomes and more people pay and the club improves all over with more people turning up again. No different to buying a product of any other company, you expect the product to improve and the company to make more money.

The product never improves. I don't trust the profiteers who own this club.

Ultimately it gives supporters more leverage than they usually would have to dictate terms. Maybe something could be eked out.

Agree that I wouldn't (at this stage) want to see the club spending money on this.

Finish the stand and get a decent team together.

As a crowd funding exercise its a possible - would imagine that they are hoping that most of the donations (as I am sure Pompey's were) are from businesses.

Can see the attraction - perhaps some of the incentives could have been free advertising for half a season etc

Like the idea and shows initiative from the club but it won't happen. Not enough interest these days.

On another note where exactly will it be positioned? I would have thought on the rre roof would be ideal. We all know that ain't going canteliever any time this century

Like the idea and shows initiative from the club but it won't happen. Not enough interest these days.

On another note where exactly will it be positioned? I would have thought on the rre roof would be ideal. We all know that ain't going canteliever any time this century

Isn't the RRE cantilever already? On the roof there would mean nobody sees it, and also a good proportion of the home crowd even if it was put back where the other was (on the front).

Top of the Chaddy maybe? but that would look pretty rubbish and old fashioned.

Ideally you would fill the gaps in the corner where the portakabins stood - but one side or the other would either mean that main stand/northstand supporters cannot see it. Maybe we can get a BOGOF deal ;-)

That's because it went cantilever last century!

Why is there a scoreboard parked outside the north stand? Is that ours? Are we renting it just to show off until we can buy our own?
Lastly, why the :censored: would we use 120k to go to scoreboard when it would be far better being invested into the club, there's no chance we'll hit the target.

Why is there a scoreboard parked outside the north stand? Is that ours? Are we renting it just to show off until we can buy our own?

Lastly, why the :censored: would we use 120k to go to scoreboard when it would be far better being invested into the club, there's no chance we'll hit the target.

Target will be hit no danger.