Crowdfunding scoreboard

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, for what it is. Just not sure what giving it £11'415, £20k or £120k does to benefit the club

Difficult to put a price on trying to secure the future supporters of the club but I'd suggest it is a more worthwhile investment than a scoreboard.

The club musn't think there is much to be made from it given they have washed their hands of it.

Edited by deyres42

I'll hand over everything I have (albeit, that isn't much) for a signed Carl Winchester shirt.

Maybe this is the way to do it - invite fans to bid a sum of money in exchange for something (reasonably achievable) such as a signed Carl Winchester shirt...

Do you not think Boundary Blues is a good thing then?

Take a look around at the age of your fellow long term supporters . There were no kids clubs around when they started going to BP and they're still going.

I wonder what percentage of those that went to the Boundary Blues or whatever it weas called when it started out are still going to games.

Take a look around at the age of your fellow long term supporters . There were no kids clubs around when they started going to BP and they're still going.

I wonder what percentage of those that went to the Boundary Blues or whatever it weas called when it started out are still going to games.

Scrap it then eh. And the Community Trust, no money in that either.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a look before at the tifosy site. 212 fanfunders and £14k isn't too bad in the context of this disastrous season - I think it'll rise considerably if we stay up - but the poorest return has been business advertisement, which I initially thought would be the bulk, or at least a healthy percentage of donations. Wonder what the club can and are doing to generate interest and investment from this sector...

Wonder what the club can and are doing to generate interest and investment from this sector...

It seems to me like the club COULD be doing a hell of a lot but are actually doing :censored: all.

With the amount of commercial money they take, from pitch side advertising to the programme to the player sponsors and box sponsors, they should have been able to reach that total.

Don't want to be too critical without knowing the facts but 2 businesses when you've got a town the size of Oldham, and Manchester down the road, is a dire return.

If our active fanbase is 5000ish, that would require around £25 per fan for £120,000, given that is highly unlikely, business is pretty crucial to getting anywhere near the total.

Had a look before at the tifosy site. 212 fanfunders and £14k isn't too bad in the context of this disastrous season - I think it'll rise considerably if we stay up - but the poorest return has been business advertisement, which I initially thought would be the bulk, or at least a healthy percentage of donations. Wonder what the club can and are doing to generate interest and investment from this sector...

Perhaps enough now for one of the A-Z scoreboards of the 1950s.