Crowdfunding scoreboard

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that what the Trusts been told or can they actually confirm it's ring fenced? It's not an unreasonable question seeing as we clearly don't have a pot to piss in and don't pay our bills, plenty of fans hard earned been sat there for months now with very little sign of any progress, what was the actual purpose of the fundraising if the idea can't be implemented in a reasonable amount of time.

Is that what the Trusts been told or can they actually confirm it's ring fenced? It's not an unreasonable question seeing as we clearly don't have a pot to piss in and don't pay our bills, plenty of fans hard earned been sat there for months now with very little sign of any progress, what was the actual purpose of the fundraising if the idea can't be implemented in a reasonable amount of time.

Myself and other trust members have explained it's ring fenced, we were good to go when the chairman believed he may get us a better deal on one of his china jaunts.

We we're hoping to get an update this week but it's not happened yet. If he has not managed to source it We hope we can then move forward swiftly with the original plan

What do you think has happened? That the chairman said "hey I'm off to china, I'll source the scoreboard, can I have the fans money. (never mind that club are struggling with finances)..."

Trust ..."ohhhh....what an excellent idea and thanks very much mr chairman....please use the 26k."

Come on, do you think we are going to approve the release of fans hard earned cash at the moment? Please give us some credit.

By the way, this is fictitious conversation as I have not witnessed any communication directly.

This is going to come across harsh and I don't mean to offend but our club has bigger problems and than to go ahead and have a scoreboard installed when we have a transfer embargo, HMRC bill to pay (apologies if it has been paid I may have missed an update) and this months wages to pay as well. Seems a tad thoughtless..that's my opinion

With regards to the renaming of the stand, again would prefer the club splash out on signage or ensure the bills/wages are paid to keep the club going? It's priorities for me.

Let's just see what pans out by 1st January.

Edited by underdog

With regards to the renaming of the stand, again would prefer the club splash out on signage or ensure the bills/wages are paid to keep the club going? It's priorities for me.

While I agree there are more important areas to focus on at present, I am curious as to what Sports Direct have had to say regarding the signage on the Chaddy End roof. I would've thought that would be highly significant to the whole naming rights of Boundary Park and possibly led to us being paid short of what was agreed.

It is fair to say that such missing/hampered revenue streams as scoreboards, sponsorship deals (like people pulling out through Ched) etc. falling by the wayside end up leading to bigger money problems we face now...which then make the aforementioned look more trivial. As you say though, opinions!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Myself and other trust members have explained it's ring fenced, we were good to go when the chairman believed he may get us a better deal on one of his china jaunts.

We we're hoping to get an update this week but it's not happened yet. If he has not managed to source it We hope we can then move forward swiftly with the original plan

What do you think has happened? That the chairman said "hey I'm off to china, I'll source the scoreboard, can I have the fans money. (never mind that club are struggling with finances)..."

Trust ..."ohhhh....what an excellent idea and thanks very much mr chairman....please use the 26k."

Come on, do you think we are going to approve the release of fans hard earned cash at the moment? Please give us some credit.

By the way, this is fictitious conversation as I have not witnessed any communication directly.

This is going to come across harsh and I don't mean to offend but our club has bigger problems and than to go ahead and have a scoreboard installed when we have a transfer embargo, HMRC bill to pay (apologies if it has been paid I may have missed an update) and this months wages to pay as well. Seems a tad thoughtless..that's my opinion

pretty sure the club didn't have a pot to piss in when the whole idea of the fund raising idea was launched last year wasn't really a priority last year was it the whole scoreboard idea.

While I agree there are more important areas to focus on at present, I am curious as to what Sports Direct have had to say regarding the signage on the Chaddy End roof. I would've thought that would be highly significant to the whole naming rights of Boundary Park and possibly led to us being paid short of what was agreed.

It is fair to say that such missing/hampered revenue streams as scoreboards, sponsorship deals (like people pulling out through Ched) etc. falling by the wayside end up leading to bigger money problems we face now...which then make the aforementioned look more trivial. As you say though, opinions!

Do we know that,

a. Having signage painted on the roof was ever even part of the deal anyway?

or

b. That even if it was, that the onus wasn't on them to sort it out?

...isn't that stand still technically the ZenOffice Stand anyway?

Edited by OneSizeFitz

Do we know that,

a. Having signage painted on the roof was ever even part of the deal anyway?

or

b. That even if it was, that the onus wasn't on them to sort it out?

...isn't that stand still technically the ZenOffice Stand anyway?

This below taken from the meet the manager evening the other week where Mark Moisley attended....

Mentioned as part of the 6 years Sports Direct deal they where suppose to re paint the Chaddy and the words Sports Direct painted on. Not happened yet unsure when.

Also part of the deal no rivals clubs stuff such as local sides Man City, Man U merchandise to be sold in club.

Exceptions being Barcelona, Real Madrid shirts allowed. Joked until we are same level.

It's a joke underdog. What has it even got to with the club really. It's not the chairmans job to find a better deal. SC does not run trust oldham. I thought this were a trust oldham initiative?

The current financial position of the club has jack all to with it. What do you think this sort of inaction and broken promises does to the fans relationship with the club? You can't see the wood for the trees mate.

It's a joke underdog. What has it even got to with the club really. It's not the chairmans job to find a better deal. SC does not run trust oldham. I thought this were a trust oldham initiative?

I thought it was a club initiative which, after launch, turned into a "Trust will 'manage' the scoreboard and income once installed".

The current financial position of the club has jack all to with it.

If £25k has been raised and the best priced scoreboard is £35k the club has to magic up £10k. If the owner can source a Chinese fake that works well for £25k he saves the club money.

What do you think this sort of inaction and broken promises does to the fans relationship with the club?

This is a fair point. Many would have expected to see the scoreboard installed months ago. Edited by opinions4u

The current financial position of the club has jack all to with it. What do you think this sort of inaction and broken promises does to the fans relationship with the club? You can't see the wood for the trees mate.

I can appreciate what your saying, like I said we were go to go a couple of months ago, but corney felt he could source us a better deal and permission to install was delayed.....well he is the owner/chairman.

Please remember the scoreboard is not owned by the club, it belongs to fans/trust. that was part of the deal when it was faultering and the trust took over, and such revenue generated from sponsorship or messages that will go on it will be for fan/trust initiatives.....not club.

So having something installed at the club that at the moment that will not (subject to trust approval) generate funds for the club...may stick in some peoples throats as you can imagine.

I hope that explains what path we are having to negotiate in order to see the woods from the trees.

With regards to broken promises, can you explain what you mean? Genuinely please let me know

Edited by underdog

I can appreciate what your saying, like I said we were go to go a couple of months ago, but corney felt he could source us a better deal and permission to install was delayed.....well he is the owner/chairman.

Please remember the scoreboard is not owned by the club, it belongs to fans/trust. that was part of the deal when it was faultering and the trust took over, and such revenue generated from sponsorship or messages that will go on it will be for fan/trust initiatives.....not club.

So having something installed at the club that at the moment that will not (subject to trust approval) generate funds for the club...may stick in some peoples throats as you can imagine.

I hope that explains what path we are having to negotiate in order to see the woods from the trees.

With regards to broken promises, can you explain what you mean? Genuinely please let me know

But aren't the funds generated by the Trust ultimately for the club, just at the Trusts descretion and safeguarded by the Trust? Which is all a good thing...but saying that revenue streams from a scoreboard isn't for the clubs benefit surely isn't correct. It's just that it's managed by the Trust (i.e. Freeing up money for mini-bus or putting money towards a wage for a new player etc) Edited by boundaryblue80

But aren't the funds generated by the Trust ultimately for the club, just at the Trusts descretion and safeguarded by the Trust? Which is all a good thing...but saying that revenue streams from a scoreboard isn't for the clubs benefit surely isn't correct. It's just that it's managed by the Trust (i.e. Freeing up money for mini-bus or putting money towards a wage for a new player etc)

Hello boundary, sorry to confuse the issue. The scoreboard is a fan funded initiative and when the trust took over, thats what we decided to keep it true too. That as the fans raised the money any benefit from it ie monies from sponsorship, charging for a message on it etc..should be kept for future fans initiatives first....maybe like a better match day experience....obviously we would ask fans first what that should be.

Trust funds from arranged events/membership fees/donors are separate and will remain so as it the war chest so to speak. we do occasionally get SOS from the club and we do consider and have contributed to things in the past. Buying a player gets complicated with regards to ownership of said player, hence why playershare is created in order to manage this and involves the monies in that pot being donated once approved by a separate committee, to the manager and only on the request of the manager too. I believe that pot currently stands at £4k and O4U runs the easyfundraising on line purchases that gives us kick backs for this as well as other much appreciated contributors too.

Once the scoreboard is up and running and maybe an SOS is put out by the club for something, then maybe if the consensus of the fans is that's what they want to do then we can look at it.

But I can imagine now, not every fan/contributor may not want to do this.

It's some thing we can pan out once it's up and running.

I hope this makes sense, typing stuff on a keyboard sometimes can come across working and I'm not the best with it either

Cheers

Edited by underdog

People saying they haven't received the things the club say they would get when donating.

My overriding point being that this is exactly the sort of initiative the fans should have proper control of. The whole process should be owned and driven by the fans. Not a small group which ultimately answers to the owner. That is why there was no buy in to the initiative. Corney isn't the only person associated with oafc with potential business connections who is able to manage these things and get us a good deal.

This isn't a direct criticism of trust members but rather that the club needs to open up and let the fans run with some things. They might just be suprised what comes out of it.

People saying they haven't received the things the club say they would get when donating.

My overriding point being that this is exactly the sort of initiative the fans should have proper control of. The whole process should be owned and driven by the fans. Not a small group which ultimately answers to the owner. That is why there was no buy in to the initiative. Corney isn't the only person associated with oafc with potential business connections who is able to manage these things and get us a good deal.

This isn't a direct criticism of trust members but rather that the club needs to open up and let the fans run with some things. They might just be suprised what comes out of it.

I'm far from Corneys biggest fan, but you don't actually seem to be suggesting any ideas? You seem to be saying that you want the club to let you/us do some stuff, but that you don't actually know what that stuff is?

Yes, that is what I am saying and in doing so I am highlighting what I see as a major issue with the current relationship between fans and owners. Not many paid into the scoreboard fund. We should try and understand why it has failed as there are some deep routed issues here which are at the heart of why it is :censored:ing miserable being an OAFC fan.

There is a huge missed opportunity here. The solution - greater fan control and influence.

How we secure that is a different matter.

Whose really suprised that the whole scoreboard idea is a :censored:ing shambles, it mirrors everything else that's going on at the club. Be suprised if we see anything before the start of next season and it's just another project managed piss poorly by the club.

You really need to seek some help