Holloway & Main ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if any of you saw the interview but Sheridan mentions how he put Winchester on the bench, one of his better performers from recent weeks because he felt a different approach was needed against Gillingham. I think he may opt for Winchester away from home, looks after the ball much better.

When Winny came on yesterday he seemed to struggle to get with the pace of the game, a couple of times the lad on the left side of midfield just waltzed past him. Good choice by Shez to start Dumminghan in place of Winny.

When Winny came on yesterday he seemed to struggle to get with the pace of the game, a couple of times the lad on the left side of midfield just waltzed past him. Good choice by Shez to start Dumminghan in place of Winny.

It's a shame Dummigan's name isn't actually Dummingham as calling him "Down " woudl have been the best nickname since One Size

Really? I thought Dummigan was awful yesterday, although I've not seen it mentioned on here yet so im probably the only one!

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

It probably goes unnoticed how Palmer breaks up attacks because of the ease at which he does it, in contrast to Kelly's full-throttle approach...

I don't think it goes unnoticed at all. Despite how well he plays with the ball that is his job as he is a midfielder, he does it very well.

Both played well yesterday, especially Holloway. Been a while since we had a striker who could win aerial battles and lay it off consistently.

Main put in an excellent shift, however I thought he looked a bit slow in reacting to what was happening at times. But it was good to have two strikers causing the opposition defence problems all game.

Main put in an excellent shift, however I thought he looked a bit slow in reacting to what was happening at times. But it was good to have two strikers causing the opposition defence problems all game.

That slowness is what they call match sharpness. The near post flick in the first half being a prime example.

Give him a few matches then judge his ability but he certainly seemed up for the fight

That slowness is what they call match sharpness. The near post flick in the first half being a prime example.

Give him a few matches then judge his ability but he certainly seemed up for the fight

I would agree with that assessment. Certainly a contrast to Murphy when he came on who only appeared interested in running when the ball came anywhere near him and only then to run away from it.

I would agree with that assessment. Certainly a contrast to Murphy when he came on who only appeared interested in running when the ball came anywhere near him and only then to run away from it.

Utter garbage - just can't get my head around why you post such tosh. So when he had that blocked effort late on he was trying to get out of the way? Just my opinion like.

Utter garbage - just can't get my head around why you post such tosh. So when he had that blocked effort late on he was trying to get out of the way? Just my opinion like.

And mine is that he offered nothing in terms of industry or endeavour, in stark contrast to the bloke he replaced. Fortunately we live in a society where we are allowed to hold different views. I respect yours, please feel free to continue treating mine with contempt. You won't be alone.

And mine is that he offered nothing in terms of industry or endeavour, in stark contrast to the bloke he replaced. Fortunately we live in a society where we are allowed to hold different views. I respect yours, please feel free to continue treating mine with contempt. You won't be alone.

Mentioned it earlier in the thread. Murphy could be a good player for us but Saturday, we needed the industry which he doesn't naturally provide. Cassidy should have been used in my opinion. Murphy is not the player to use 2-1 wiith ten to go in a tight game - doesn't mean he won't be important in the run-in....