Holloway & Main ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been so long since we had strong CFs who give back as good as they get. Holloway got bullied all game yet never gave an inch - so so strong. For years away sides have come to BP with these type of forwards and looked so effective. Are either of them natural finishers - NO! But the influence they both had on the flow of the game was invaluable. Delighted!

How the ref didn't give a penalty never mind a foul against Main is beyond me!

189 days?! Whey!

Said the same about Murphy strolling about like a :censored: whilst the two lads on loan give absolutely everything, didn't press one ball and when he did have possession gave the ball away cheaply to put us under unnecessary pressure, Main and Holloway look a proper handful and were both unlucky not to score.

Guest nonaenever

I got slated by a few on another thread for criticising his attitude at Blackpool - I said he just did not look up for the "fight" - my honest opinion is that he is playing at 70% just not to get injured as he wants away from the north to settle down south - could he be "playing the game" to lower his transfer value ? i.e. when he came back after his hot streak scoring at Crawley - they clearly wanted him - and we probably quoted a decent fee for such a prolific scorer - when Crawley come back at the end of the season he will have scored zilch in how many games? - therefore the fee goes down (or a free) and he has achieved his aim to bet away. Just a thought - as you say in comparison to the energy and effort shown by Main and Holloway - he was a sick joke.

I got slated by a few on another thread for criticising his attitude at Blackpool - I said he just did not look up for the "fight" - my honest opinion is that he is playing at 70% just not to get injured as he wants away from the north to settle down south - could he be "playing the game" to lower his transfer value ? i.e. when he came back after his hot streak scoring at Crawley - they clearly wanted him - and we probably quoted a decent fee for such a prolific scorer - when Crawley come back at the end of the season he will have scored zilch in how many games? - therefore the fee goes down (or a free) and he has achieved his aim to bet away. Just a thought - as you say in comparison to the energy and effort shown by Main and Holloway - he was a sick joke.

Give over.

Guest nonaenever

Give over.

Ah - yes you were one of the first critics of my post after Blackpool (which is fine by the way) but clearly Shez must have picked up on something - because he dropped him from the starting line up today. I would argue if his attitude was right (and he clearly has goals in him) - he would be the first on any team sheet for a club struggling to score goals wouldn't he? Well done to Shez - some very shrewd signings in a v limited time and really turning it around.

What is your take on 9 11 attack?

Shez doesn't appear to have made any poor judgement signings has he? All added something we were missing...massive improvement on the last 3 managers we have had.

In Shez we trust!

I was saying after, Dunn signed higher level players who were very mixed in quality and didn't use half of them. Thank :censored: we didn't give him the window.

Both outstanding today, ran themselves into the ground, nice to see our strikers not being bullied by defenders. Shame about the attempts on goal especially Holloways wayward blast, but if they were clinical strikers they wouldn't have come here on loan.

Main was very unlucky to be wrongly adjudged to have fouled the defender in the one on one near the end, but with that sort of commitment we could drag ourselves out of the mess we are in.

The only fault I can pick with either of them is that they didn't score, and they both had the chances to. But both put in tireless performances, Holloway has strength and determination which gave Gils fits and Main held and controlled the ball really well, linking with the midfield and wide players to help create the attacks we bombarded them with.

Both the type of player we need in a relegation dog fight, they probably won't score many, but that won't be so much of an issue of we get Forte firing again.

Murphy was back to the poor player we saw when he first joined us today, but let's not write him off again, he has shown potential since coming back from his loan spell.