Onto Chesterfield then.....

Think we will and should go back to a 4-4-2 for this one and play abit more expansive as the onus will be on us to attack.

One option would be Wilson and Winchester to make way for Gerrard and Palmer. Dummigan pushed to right mid and Wilson to RB.

Or we could leave out Dieng (which would be harsh but may give us more attacking threat) and put Wilson next to Gerrard with Winchester going right mid and Dummigan right back.

Got a feeling Shez will rotate a bit given the quick turnaround. forte, Palmer and possibly Thiele could all start.

I predict (not what I want)

Coleman

Wilson Dieng Gerrard Holmes-Dennis

Jones Palmer Kelly Forte

Holloway Thiele

Which would be incredibly harsh on Dummigan, who was back to his best at RB - hopefully Shez noticed this too! Main was flagging at the end and Winny doesn't play at home.

I'm going for an easy home win 3-0

Amadi Holloway 1st goal at 11/2,

Oldham to score 3 or more 5/1.

Coleman

Dummigan

Gerrard

J Wilson

Holmes Dennis

Kelly

Winchester

Dieng

Palmer

Main

Amadi Holloway

Coleman.

Wilson J back to right back. Dieng alongside Gerrard at centre back with Holmes Dennis at left back.

Kelly, Jones, Winchester and Palmer in the middle.

Main and Holloway up top.

Gerrard must be doubtful, Dummingham on international duty, Palmer back in.

Coleman

B Wilson

Dieng

J Wilson

Holmes Dennis

Kelly

Winchester

Palmer

Jones

Holloway

Main

Trouble is can't see many goals again, looks like a 1-1.

Gerrard must be doubtful, Dummingham on international duty, Palmer back in.

Coleman

B Wilson

Dieng

J Wilson

Holmes Dennis

Kelly

Winchester

Palmer

Jones

Holloway

Main

Trouble is can't see many goals again, looks like a 1-1.

Holloway and Main have given us a bigger threat up top but apart from Holloway's brace against Dale we still struggle to score goals.

The amount of times I've read on opposition's forums that we play great football but offer little threat is getting boring.

Again on the Brewers site..... "They were a good footballing side up to the 18 yard box but had no goal threat"

The same was said by Wigan fans and plenty of others before that...

Since Shez came back we've won 4 from 13 which is a big improvement but we are still in the bottom 4.

We have only 9 games left and I think we still need at least 4 more wins and a couple of draws. The draws aren't a problem but I'm not at all confident of securing enough wins!

Any team in this division is capable of winning 2 or 3 on the spin. It isn't that they are great - The mediocrity is massive which makes form so crucial.

I suspect one of Blackpool or Donny will put something together simply due to them having to improve from their abysmal form at present.

50-52 points is usually there or there abouts and probably will be again.

I actually disagree about us being a good footballing team. We are increasingly adept at breaking up the play - which we did superbly on Saturday - but we are really limited with the ball due to the lack of options we have.

Our best attacking options by far were our full backs on Saturday, and whilst it is great that we have the ambition to push them forward, it just shows how deep our central midfield lies on occasion that we drop the space so comfortably.

That was fine in getting us a great point at the weekend but we must get somebody up alongside Holloway today.

As somebody has put earlier, I would love to see Forte up with Holloway, whilst releasing Main off the right. Palmer and Kelly centrally with Jones off the left.

Dummigan is a big miss at right back with Brian Wilson seemingly the best option to replace. I thought James Wilson played very well there against Gillingham though, so could rotate either alongside Gerrard.

Massive game....

4-3-1-2

Coleman

J.wilson

Gerrard

Dieng

Holmes dennis

Kelly

Palmer

Jones

Winchester

Main

Holloway

Let the front two hold it up and theb winchhester to pick up knockdowns...he could be a nightmare for defenders in that spot. Jones doesn't offer enough out wode for me and would benefit a move inside. Palmer and kelly like to drop deeper to allow him to roam a bit

Edited by Fruitygoo

Any team in this division is capable of winning 2 or 3 on the spin. It isn't that they are great - The mediocrity is massive which makes form so crucial.

I suspect one of Blackpool or Donny will put something together simply due to them having to improve from their abysmal form at present.

50-52 points is usually there or there abouts and probably will be again.

I actually disagree about us being a good footballing team. We are increasingly adept at breaking up the play - which we did superbly on Saturday - but we are really limited with the ball due to the lack of options we have.

Our best attacking options by far were our full backs on Saturday, and whilst it is great that we have the ambition to push them forward, it just shows how deep our central midfield lies on occasion that we drop the space so comfortably.

That was fine in getting us a great point at the weekend but we must get somebody up alongside Holloway today.

As somebody has put earlier, I would love to see Forte up with Holloway, whilst releasing Main off the right. Palmer and Kelly centrally with Jones off the left.

Dummigan is a big miss at right back with Brian Wilson seemingly the best option to replace. I thought James Wilson played very well there against Gillingham though, so could rotate either alongside Gerrard. Massive game....

I actually agree with the vast majority of that. Except the teams at the bottom including us struggle to win 2 on the bounce.

Win today and it all looks healthier. I can actually see Croft involved today at some point

Edited by ChaddySmoker

The perceived threat of Main/Holloway (now an actual threat due to the Holloway goals) relieves pressure on our defence which is also possibly partly as a consequence looking stronger so they should start.

Dieng did well in midfield but should partner Gerrard if he has recovered. Palmer comes back having had the rest he looked like he needed.

I would play B Wilson next to Dieng if Gerrard has not recovered and put J Wilson at right back. Coleman, Kelly and the improving Jones to start plus one other. With our next game eight days away I would start Forte.

Special Mention should be sent out on loan to an Australian club (or possibly New Zealand as that is even further away) and Bambi will need a rest.

Edited by Hands on

Special Mention should be sent out on loan to an Australian club (or possibly New Zealand as that is even further away) and Bambi will need a rest.

Hey hey hey. What did Australia do to deserve that? I know that the A-League is Championship at best, but sending him over here on loan would set Aussie football back over 50 years!

#OAFC TEAM NEWS: Coleman, J.Wilson, B.Wilson, Gerrard, Holmes-Dennis, Dieng, Kelly, Palmer, Main, Holloway, Forte

#OAFC SUBS: Cornell, Mills, Croft, Jones, Winchester, Cassidy, Thiele.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc