Well done sir

Guest Stanley30

Part of my upbringing was in Saddleworth, Lancashire.

I had a weekend away in Waddington, near Clitheroe, recently. They are very confused about which county they belong to. Red and white roses on the walls in the pubs.

Don't start this again or you will lose. The majority on here Will correctly tell you it's Yorkshire

Guest Stanley30

Whichever county it is, it's the Yorkies that act like spurned lovers, shouting their mouth off about it and stringing white roses all over Saddleworth on Whit Friday. Try-hards.

I think most of us just try to distance ourselves from Oldham and being a different county helps .

The best part of this is when you're on holiday and inevitably have to tell Tony & Sharon from Stroud that Oldham is near Manchester

Me and my wife are Tony and Sharon! And although living in Lincoln we know where Oldham is! (And I'll be there tonight!)

Having been born on Broadway but moved to Saddleworth aged 3 I always felt vaguely uncomfortable at living in Yorkshire as I got older, especially when it came to cricket but my Dad never left me in any doubt that I am 100% Lancastrian.

Don't start this again or you will lose. The majority on here Will correctly tell you it's Yorkshire

The majority on here will tell you to go get fkd its not in Yorkshire - Saddleworth is in Oldham

and feel free to start it at any time because at any time the facts will always be Saddleworth is in Oldham ..... which is in greater Manchester.

obviously we know where you live Stanley ..... it's in denial :smoking:

oh and if you are ashamed of Oldham please feel free to support Halifax or Leeds :comeon: