Tweet of the season

If he reminds anyone of Connor they have forgotten the mistakes and points that one cost us this year - without the Connor gift goals we would now be comfortable.

But that could be levelled at quite a few players ....

James Wilson under Dunn, for example.

If he reminds anyone of Connor they have forgotten the mistakes and points that one cost us this year - without the Connor gift goals we would now be comfortable.

He's far from alone. How many points has he directly cost us then?

I can understand the comments about Main. He can be proper frustrating at times...for me, it is solely his reaction time to things. Yes he bullies players and gets in peoples places off the ball. But it's like he's a second behind most things when it comes to attacking with the ball. Finally, last night he started to anticipate where the ball might drop and he scores. A bit later on, he did the same and was unlucky the keeper held onto Palmers long range effort as he was there to pounce on any spillage.

If he can keep improving his "anticipation" and reaction skills I think he could be a very good player. But I do understand why some might not want him permanently. An ok, lower League One player that won't push a side too far up the league but up far enough to be clear of relegation??? Quite possibly.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I can understand the comments about Main. He can be proper frustrating at times...for me, it is solely his reaction time to things. Yes he bullies players and gets in peoples places off the ball. But it's like he's a second behind most things when it comes to attacking with the ball. Finally, last night he started to anticipate where the ball might drop and he scores. A bit later on, he did the same and was unlucky the keeper held onto Palmers long range effort as he was there to pounce on any spillage.

If he can keep improving his "anticipation" and reaction skills I think he could be a very good player. But I do understand why some might not want him permanently. An ok, lower League One player that won't push a side too far up the league but up far enough to be clear of relegation??? Quite possibly.

I was sure that was gonna spill out of the keepers hands to him, but sadly not.

Personally I think there's always room for a "Warne" type forward player in a front two, someone who's a handful and will win the physical battle up front. BUT, if we go down this route we must have a Beckett, Porter, Hughes goal poacher type alongside, otherwise it hard to see where a goal is coming from. I felt like this a lot with the Main/Holloway partnership, they were a handful but where's the goal coming from?

Assuming deals could be done in the summer for Main and/or Holloway, I'd opt for Holloway as first choice myself. Main would be great as a back up, but I can't see him going for that as he left Donny because he wasn't getting a regular game.

Hey, we sold our best player to a relegation rival!

I think calling Danny P out best player is stretching the truth somewhat.

I didn't think it was the worst decision of all time, concerning as it was.

He's scored 1 in 9 games for them since his last goal, and 5 in 17 in total, so reverted to type. 1 in 4 player.

Edited by singe

I think calling Danny P out best player is stretching the truth somewhat.

He's scored 1 in 9 games for them since his last goal, and 5 in 17 in total, so reverted to type. 1 in 4 player.

I think the Danny P comment was a tongue in cheek dig at a few other posters.

Even so, if you round down instead of up, he's a 1 in 3 player which is loads better than our current lot.

He reminds me of an attack minded version of Connor Brown. Can't fault his effort, poor man's Paul Warne. I'd sign him.

Reminds me of a different Connor. Conor Salmon. Never stops running and a real pain for defenders.