Tweet of the season

A Doncaster Rovers account tweeted this at 21.25 tonight...

'Don't want to tempt fate but wouldn't it be the sadist icing on the sadist cake if Curtis Main secures the win for #oafc tonight? #drfc.

At 21.26 the official Oldham athletic account tweeted....

82 GOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!! MAIN!!!! 2-0!!!!

Class!!!!!

As much as he's helped us with a few battling displays, hope it stays that way. I wouldn't want to sign him for next year.

No, me neither. We need to to be looking for someone who could play of Holloway who I think is worth signing.

You just can't please some people!

He's not perfect by any means, but his commitment and effort is as good as I can remember from a loan player. Hopefully the goal will give him the confidence to kick on and score a few more.

Holds the ball up meaning that we don't end up penned in our half for extended periods.

Works really hard all game.

Bullies defenders.

Brings other players into the game.

For that I'd sign him. If he can add goals....

Bang average footballer who would get loads of stick once he's signed permanently.

If he's cheap I'd take him but if he's starting I'll be concerned about the state of the side. That being said, credit to him and all the loanees for looking like they have a stake in this fight.

Edited by NewBlue

Didnt say I wasn't pleased, just my opinion that I think we could do better.

If we could, we would have. Happy with Main he is exactly what we need irrespective of whether he was what we wanted...Davis etc

He's not going back to Donny to sit on the bench. They treated him like crap and he snubbed them by staying here. I reckon mutual agreement to terminate his contract at the end of the season, trip to Portugal in the summer, then back for preseason training with us in July. I would welcome it.

I saw that tweet and had a look at the Donny hashtag (#drfc). Reminded me of this forum earlier in the season.

We're hardly in a position to talk about a badly-managed club, but you can see why their fans are annoyed. Sinking like a stone, loaning a player out to a relegation rival, and relying on One Direction fans to buy replica kits. Plus they've got Ferguson in charge.

I almost began to feel sorry for them. At least if we go down, we'll do it with a fight.

I saw that tweet and had a look at the Donny hashtag (#drfc). Reminded me of this forum earlier in the season.

We're hardly in a position to talk about a badly-managed club, but you can see why their fans are annoyed. Sinking like a stone, loaning a player out to a relegation rival, and relying on One Direction fans to buy replica kits. Plus they've got Ferguson in charge.

I almost began to feel sorry for them. At least if we go down, we'll do it with a fight.

Hey, we sold our best player to a relegation rival!