Message from the Club: Let's all behave

Googled and found an article including this:

Flares burn at the melting point of steel and contain toxic chemicals. Designed for marine distress, they are deliberately difficult to extinguish. Smoke bombs also burn at high temperatures and are not designed for use in confined spaces. They can cause panic in a tightly packed crowd and trigger asthma attacks.

http://www.peppermintbars.co.uk/flares-and-smoke-bombs-into-football-matches/

Well today shows that no matter what we have some idiot fans!

At a game where less than 4000 attended and after warnings from the club who will now possibly face a fine they still took flares into the ground.

All it did was delay the re-start, it adds nothing to the atmosphere.

Edited by palmer1

Well today shows that no matter what we have some idiot fans!

At a game where less than 4000 attended and after warnings from the club who will now possibly face a fine they still took flares into the ground.

All it did was delay the re-start, it adds nothing to the atmosphere.

Bellends

• Like 1

I don't think they add enough to the a atmosphere to bother bringing them in and getting the club fined. I think if there was 7 or 8 set off ah the same time turning the ground blue, fair enough - but one measly flare makes no difference other than delays and fines.

Most young fans have hardly had reason to celebrate at all during their whole time supporting the club. They do add to the atmosphere and they're not just a football thing these days. The problem is when people act like dick heads with them, lobbing them about.

Edited by NewBlue

The other which I'm not sure many noticed...

The guy with the fork was being a total dick and affecting Coleman's warm up which is a disgrace at a professional football club. He got some abuse and funny chants and he took it in the right way but some twunt from the Latics fans three a coin which he picked and took straight to the police in our end.

Some of our fans young & old don't have the brains they where born with and give the club a bad name.

Edited by palmer1

I don't condone them being lobbed on the pitch in the general direction of the keeper however I do think they added to the atmosphere.

My mate had his daughter with him a baby under 12 months old at the game. She was oblivious to the pyrotechnics even though she was about 6 yards away. Keep them coming