Tonight's game - Southend (A)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done young Edmundson,cometh the hour cometh the man.

I don't feel like such a know suggesting him as the Trust sponsored player now. I'm sure he'd have got some time on the pitch by now if we'd not had the start to the season we did.

assuming you mean Sheridan garnett and duxbury I would suggest that 6 of the other 8 made very decent careers for themselves in football. And hotte and innes didn't do too shabby. Would have loved to have had careers like theirs.

Hotte was absolute toss.

Fantastic result and great team performance.

Under the pump in the second half only for Dieng to break quickly play it in to Forte who in turn found Main and bang....No real "heart in mouth" moments after that, but Cassidy could and should have wrapped up the points - twice.

Great noise from our fans.

What a lovely goal. Probably my favourite of the season.

You can tell they're confident because 9/10 this season they would've had 10 men behind the ball before Dieng would've made that pass to Forte...

Edited by NewBlue

Just arrived back from Southend made good timing back, but what an excellent game of football. It was a very open end to end game with both sides having chances.

In the first half Southend had the better chances withColeman some very decent stops. Forte hit the post early on and someone missed a gaping chance (hard to see from the corner we were shuffed in)

Second half it was much the same end to end. It looked like we had set up to play the Leicester style counter attack with the pace of Forte. It seemed to work very well. Good finish by Main. Cassidy could have burried the game with the three chances he had, looks like we are safe now and we can safely enjoy the final few games.

According to Gordon on Latics Player Edmondson was in a back 3 with B Wilson and Gerrard.

It was a back 3, with THD and Dummigan as wingbacks and Kelly, Dieng and Croft in the middle. I'd describe it as 5-3-2 when defending 3-5-2 when attacking.

I've lambasted Croft this last two games for looking so out of shape - and he should be ashamed of himself having got fit to win a contract in the first place - however Shez has played a blinder putting him in the middle [he's too fat to play on the wing] because his touch and retention of the ball in possession has been good and provided an outlet in both games.

I think we've got an option on him if I remember. I'd be tempted to give him a pay as you play deal to incentive him to steer clear of takeaways.

It was a back 3, with THD and Dummigan as wingbacks and Kelly, Dieng and Croft in the middle. I'd describe it as 5-3-2 when defending 3-5-2 when attacking.

I've lambasted Croft this last two games for looking so out of shape - and he should be ashamed of himself having got fit to win a contract in the first place - however Shez has played a blinder putting him in the middle [he's too fat to play on the wing] because his touch and retention of the ball in possession has been good and provided an outlet in both games.

I think we've got an option on him if I remember. I'd be tempted to give him a pay as you play deal to incentive him to steer clear of takeaways.

Saw him today enjoying cigarettes, alcohol and the Salford sunshine. Deserved it after 2 games in a week undefeated. LAD.

There has been more than one poster who has suggested playing Croft in the middle in the history of this site. Perhaps one of them is Shez in disguise?