Latics v Coventry

Just goes to show how important Dieng is. Went off injured and concede two, although I have to say we were sliced open a few times in the first half too.

Good saves by Coleman before the first conceded.

Must say their winger, number 42 looked that age too...ye gods at least he managed to keep up with the pace until he was subbed.

Love the players little ones one the pitch, the young girl in white was tackling I think Gerrads young uns...bless

With regards to the smoke bombs, yes I saw a bloke carrying his little one away not very happy and when the second one went off, the stewards and police apprehended a young lad who couldn't have been more than 15 years old. He was in tears when a lady copper was onthe phone to his mum. His mates outside said it wasn't him. I just said the were stupid, it's a ban for life. They did let the kid go

Edited by underdog

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show how important Dieng is. Went off injured and concede two, although I have to say we were sliced open a few times in the first half too.

Good saves by Coleman before the first conceded.

Must say their winger, number 42 looked that age too...ye gods at least he managed to keep up with the pace until he was subbed.

Love the players little ones one the pitch, the young girl in white was tackling I think Gerrads young uns...bless

With regards to the smoke bombs, yes I saw a bloke carrying his little one away not very happy and when the second one went off, the stewards and police apprehended a young lad who couldn't have been more than 15 years old. He was in tears when a lady copper was onthe phone to his mum. His mates outside said it wasn't him. I just said the were stupid, it's a ban for life. They did let the kid go

That was me carrying him off. I was :censored:ing fuming.

That was me carrying him off. I was :censored:ing fuming.

I don't blame you either...didn't see much steward/police action as you moved towards the pegs. It was only when the second one went off they grabbed someone.

Hope the little one is okay

Coleman? Dieng? Brian Wilson?

Along with Kelly and Gerrard the only ones who looked interested, the rest can go.

Awful marking by J Wilson from the corner kick.

Edited by BP1960

Heard someone saying today that Doncaster have released main and we have offered him a contract, also heard that brian wilson has turned down a 1 year contract. Could be bollocks but thats what I heard.

I don't blame you either...didn't see much steward/police action as you moved towards the pegs. It was only when the second one went off they grabbed someone.

Hope the little one is okay

Thank you. The little one is ok, a little stunned but ok. The police and stewards were great with us but I agree, didn't see a great deal of action afterwards.

Not making excuses, but they've been very pumped up and committed for weeks. Once you cross the line, it's only natural you take your foot off the pedal. It's impossible to find the same motivation.

Dieng has been the big plus for me. He's matured hugely under Sheridan. Coleman has finished well. A good young goalkeeper who needed a confidence boost. Let's face it, apart from these and a small handful of others, we need a big clear out. I reckon we need to sign anything between 11-17 players. We also need a bigger squad, with the loan system changing.

It's going to be a long summer....

Yes we were poor today but in January I would have gladly taken the last 2 results and being safe.

Think the players were on the beach today but after the last few months can you really blame them.

Think Shez knew well before today who he wants to keep and who's going.

Me thinks it will be a very busy summer!!!

Not making excuses, but they've been very pumped up and committed for weeks. Once you cross the line, it's only natural you take your foot off the pedal. It's impossible to find the same motivation.

Agreed. Also penalty given after an hour, potentially one up against ten men and a different game

Murderers don't even get life...

The same rules might apply, the same consequences don't.

If he murdered someone at football though he would be banned for life also. Same rule for for both 15 & 50 yr olds.

Yes we were poor today but in January I would have gladly taken the last 2 results and being safe.

Think the players were on the beach today but after the last few months can you really blame them.

Think Shez knew well before today who he wants to keep and who's going.

Me thinks it will be a very busy summer!!!

In that case he shouldn't have played those who are going.

Wasn't as much of a pain as he was a few years ago. Former Reading and Eire pain in ass Stephen Hunt....looks different without the curly wig

Shez has said on radio Manchester that he has already had the conversations with the players with regard who he keeps and who will be gone. I think we will be finding out this week who is being released.

Edited by GlossopLatic

underdog - You'd ban a 15 year old kid for life?

Bloody hell.

To save him the pain and suffering of watching latics for the 20 odd years like I've suffered the last 20? Yes....with regards to the smoke bomb I didn't say I'd ban him I have no authority little ole me, I'd said to his mates it could be a ban for life