The pitch

There's nothing been mentioned about the pitch by the club so far. I guess therefore that the usual scraping the surface off and reseeding will be done, with maybe some attention being taken to the drainage. If a new pitch were to be laid, we wold surely have been told by now. If we get the same wet weather next season it could cost us a promotion place.

Whether this is true or not I really dont know, it's just what I heard. When they built the new stand the piling caused the collapse of two drainage culverts and as a result the pitch doesn't get rid of water as maybe it once did? Anybody else heard?

Still got the same layer we finished the season with. Watched from the gym how quickly the pitch gets flooded on Saturday and it didn't take too long.

Also anyone know what the filming is for at the back of the RRE more trailers when I drove past it today

Edited by SavageTheBeast

Whether this is true or not I really dont know, it's just what I heard. When they built the new stand the piling caused the collapse of two drainage culverts and as a result the pitch doesn't get rid of water as maybe it once did? Anybody else heard?

If this were true, surely the construction company doing the piling would be responsible for repairing the drains their piling caused to collapse. :deal:

Aye, unused for months, but I bet the heating's still on full :censored:ing blast!

.. should that say 'scheduled for demolition' then? ha ha ha

.. some sort of new unit going there but can't remember what it is .. they're hardly in a rush to build it though ( like most new things around ISZ lol )

Edited by thetramdriver

Maybe the club should sue them for the money it hasn't paid them.

If they still haven't been paid for the piling they did what must be over 18 months ago then they should be taking every step they can to get their money.

The damage to any drains due to piling, would have been done when the piling was completed, and should have been repaired at the time.

I heard a rumour that Hartlepool have made an approach to us about the pitch and we given them permission!!! :dance:

Should the pitch complete its move to the North East, Barry already has plans in place to replace it with supergrass.

There is nothing going on with the pitch. They have just done some reseeding ,I think I have done more on my front garden this spring. This is not a criticism of the Groundstaff who do a great job without resources. Same as the Manager or next Manager. Everything on a shoestring through necessity , Simon has no money to put in and neither have the people of Oldham.

Slow lingering death it's just that the pitch has died first

There is nothing going on with the pitch. They have just done some reseeding ,I think I have done more on my front garden this spring. This is not a criticism of the Groundstaff who do a great job without resources. Same as the Manager or next Manager. Everything on a shoestring through necessity , Simon has no money to put in and neither have the people of Oldham.

Slow lingering death it's just that the pitch has died first

The pitch needs replacing. It'll be a :censored:ing bog again by autumn.