Pre season protest

Exactly.

People say it's poorly timed did you expect them to protest out of season when nobody is there?

Yes, there is a manager. He could be mint, he could be :censored:.

We've signed some players but not really anyone significant, again it could be fantastic and they could gel really well.

It seems the protest is about the hierarchy who stumble from one crisis to another whether it's ched, Kelly, dunn, shez, lack of comms, the North Stand.

You name it they've dropped the ball every time.

Are they right to voice their discontent?

Draw your own conclusions but I certainly don't blame them

They shouldn't protest inside the ground they should get behind the new manager and team. How about that?

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can be blamed for lacking structure. They've had enough piss ups, I mean meetings, to sort that.

Have you been to a meeting? No you have not, so I think your in no place to comment on what goes on are you? Rip the banner up good luck with that, a number of Latics fans put money towards that at the last piss up oh sorry I mean meeting, those saying we lack structure come along get involved we do have a structure, it's not easy doing this I've never done anything like it before so it will be a bumpy ride. Also am pretty sure I've told you about 5 times we won't be protesting in the ground I really don't know what part of that your struggling with but you clearly are. Anyway am off to play Pokemon

Have you been to a meeting? No you have not, so I think your in no place to comment on what goes on are you? Rip the banner up good luck with that, a number of Latics fans put money towards that at the last piss up oh sorry I mean meeting, those saying we lack structure come along get involved we do have a structure, it's not easy doing this I've never done anything like it before so it will be a bumpy ride. Also am pretty sure I've told you about 5 times we won't be protesting in the ground I really don't know what part of that your struggling with but you clearly are. Anyway am off to play Pokemon

Embarrassing.

Exactly.

People say it's poorly timed did you expect them to protest out of season when nobody is there?

Yes, there is a manager. He could be mint, he could be :censored:.

We've signed some players but not really anyone significant, again it could be fantastic and they could gel really well.

It seems the protest is about the hierarchy who stumble from one crisis to another whether it's ched, Kelly, dunn, shez, lack of comms, the North Stand.

You name it they've dropped the ball every time.

Are they right to voice their discontent?

Draw your own conclusions but I certainly don't blame them

I agree with all of that, I don't think anyone couldn't - but what do the protesters actually want? Do they even know themselves?

I agree with all of that, I don't think anyone couldn't - but what do the protesters actually want? Do they even know themselves?

They want Corney to put his hand in his pocket... He's just hired a manager with a good coaching track-record and reported increased this seasons playing budget.

But, that all gets ignored.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

They want Corney to put his hand in his pocket... He's just hired a manager with a good coaching track-record and reported increased this seasons playing budget.

But, that all gets ignored.

Budget didn't get increased that 1.8 million figure was pulled out of Nixon's Arse. Player sales have been going to pay bills and it's still around 1.1-1.2 mil.

No I don't support this protest, mainly because it's run by brainless children and they don't know what they're doing

Surely just a simple message of asking Corney to sell up and find new investment would be all that's required. That's something that other fans would agree with and back. Address the problems via the Trust and you can get the point across.

But what is happening now is that they are kicking off with people on here, on social media, with the Trust, and with the club.

All they appear to be achieving is creating an us and them culture.

No I don't support this protest, mainly because it's run by brainless children and they don't know what they're doing

This. Westy is building an empire of followers, he's just too stupid to realise.

Just hope it stays civil, I can see the idiots in the protest group kicking off when they get even the smallest backlash.

It's a tricky one.

If there was coherence then I think I may be able to back a protest to some extent - there are certainly a few fans who are too appeased by us bringing in a bunch of bang average, low wage players. Granted, I think this time they've thought it through, but the scope for signings is still clearly severely limited. We don't seem to be seeing the benefit of the stand or the SportsDirect deal, and I don't trust that Corney isn't asset-stripping.

As it is though, without being a member of this secret group there doesn't seem to be much info or direction and it's hard to see what a few catchy slogans - I quite like the banner - are part of long-term.

Let's face it..it's been a terrible season and a half really, kicking off with ched gate, several managers, a serious chance of relegation and a wind up order that should not have gone that far.

We had glimmers of hope with some players coming in Dieng, Gerrard, main, Palmer a hope of a manager that we all believed in and kept us up

And then the rug gets pulled out from under us.....I think we can all say it's never easy being a latics fan, it's always a rollercoaster ride.

Yes I would like answers too, but I have come to realise that although this is my club, my passion, my weekly release of tension by screaming, clapping cheering etc...it's a business too. So as a business similar to work, I am never going to know why people leave, I'm never going to know where is the money coming from/going to too keep my work (club) going. In an ideal world were we could have total transparency of what business owners do....I might be more bloody scared to know everything.

I can understand frustrations. I understand fans concerns..Christ I might have some myself, but unless someone shows me some hard proof/from the horse mouth some irregularities then I will do my bit to support.

We have an owner(s) who openly acknowledge the club is for sale, there are no endless pots of cash and we know probably running on a hand to mouth existence. The trust is not everyone's cup of tea but working with the club, we have a better understanding of how our club works, what support we can also give to ensure the club continues to exist too. I either read on heard someone say does it makes sense that the current owner and investors want the club to go bankrupt as they would lose the monies they have put in? Hmmm

Anyways the start of the season is almost upon us, we have had some positive news, let's see what pans out. I hope, and we all get is a decent season, some foundation building for us to kick on too, we see some entertaining football, possible a cup run and we have more good times than bad....oh well I can hope

Edited by underdog

Considering the club has been up for sale for some time and there's been no takers, what does this "action group" expect to happen next?

Granted, the board have made mistakes and they've been documented enough without me repeating them, but they have shown intent recently by bringing in O'Driscoll so a wise old head can help the rebuilding process.

They've brought in a manager with international experience. A new squad is being built, and by God it was needed. More players are on the way and, if the signing of Ryan Flynn is anything to go by, it should soon look even better.

So, what does this protest group really want? I assume that they want SC to sell up and go. OK, if that's what they want, but have they considered the fact that you need a buyer first? So far there hasn't been one. SC can't just walk away without a new owner/chairman in place.

Add to that the atmosphere it's going to create outside the ground. Players new to the club are going to love that, aren't they? Talk about destroying the best we've felt about Latics for some considerable time.

The whole protest thing is ill thought out, does not appear to have any end goal or direction and, at best, is disruptive. They will go some way to destroying what they actually want to achieve.

We're not dealing with an Owen Oyston or a Vincent Tan here. We're dealing with a chairman who, despite previous failings, does appear to be trying his best to improve the club.

Don't complain about the fact he's in New York more than Oldham. It's where his business is, for God's sake. It will stay that way until new owners are found.

I wish Citizen Smith and his cohorts every failure possible. I just hope the aggravation they are likely to receive is light hearted and not violent.

Edited by Bristolatic