Pre season protest

Is the man they are protesting about or either of his other 2 business associates even in the country?

SC:'so Barry, has anything happened while I've been out of the country?'

BO 'Nope, nothing worth mentioning anyway'

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Budget didn't get increased that 1.8 million figure was pulled out of Nixon's Arse. Player sales have been going to pay bills and it's still around 1.1-1.2 mil.

No I don't support this protest, mainly because it's run by brainless children and they don't know what they're doing

The budget has been increased was told it's just short as twice as Crewe's which was around 1 million. Nothing mentioned about the changing room upgrades Corney as paid for

I think what really annoys me is, instead of turning our attentions to a new season, new manager and new players, this bloody protest group is taking centre stage. That is just wrong on so many levels.

Can we just support the team and get behind them and hope for a good season? Not too much to ask, is it?

Considering the club has been up for sale for some time and there's been no takers, what does this "action group" expect to happen next?

Granted, the board have made mistakes and they've been documented enough without me repeating them, but they have shown intent recently by bringing in O'Driscoll so a wise old head can help the rebuilding process.

They've brought in a manager with international experience. A new squad is being built, and by God it was needed. More players are on the way and, if the signing of Ryan Flynn is anything to go by, it should soon look even better.

So, what does this protest group really want? I assume that they want SC to sell up and go. OK, if that's what they want, but have they considered the fact that you need a buyer first? So far there hasn't been one. SC can't just walk away without a new owner/chairman in place.

Add to that the atmosphere it's going to create outside the ground. Players new to the club are going to love that, aren't they? Talk about destroying the best we've felt about Latics for some considerable time.

The whole protest thing is ill thought out, does not appear to have any end goal or direction and, at best, is disruptive. They will go some way to destroying what they actually want to achieve.

We're not dealing with an Owen Oyston or a Vincent Tan here. We're dealing with a chairman who, despite previous failings, does appear to be trying his best to improve the club.

Don't complain about the fact he's in New York more than Oldham. It's where his business is, for God's sake. It will stay that way until new owners are found.

I wish Citizen Smith and his cohorts every failure possible. I just hope the aggravation they are likely to receive is light hearted and not violent.

Good grief, that was hard going reading that. TTA want too much money to sell it-there has been serious interest but not at their price.

But go on if you believe that by repeating such facts people start to believe them, as perhaps you did originally.

Good grief, that was hard going reading that. TTA want too much money to sell it-there has been serious interest but not at their price.

But go on if you believe that by repeating such facts people start to believe them, as perhaps you did originally.

Sorry, I just can't make any sense out of that. It must be me, I guess. Edited by Bristolatic

If this "Westy's" tweets are anything to go by, he'll be boycotting Pokemon next because he doesn't understand the flow of money between Nintendo and Google.

It's business. As long as a competitive team is on the pitch, competitive being the operative word, then we should be happy.

No we shouldn't.

So there have been people serious about buying the club at a fair market price yet they've been turned away because Corney is asking too much? Why has this not appeared anywhere in the media at all?

It sounds a good story for the purpose of stoking the protest fires but is that fact? Who are these potential buyers? If they were to make themselves known then I'm sure fans would get behind them and then a protest with an actual realistic end goal would have some sort of chance.

So there have been people serious about buying the club at a fair market price yet they've been turned away because Corney is asking too much? Why has this not appeared anywhere in the media at all?

Jesus. Live under a rock do we?

Chaytow, Vaughan, Koukash to name the ones SC was comfortable with us knowing about.

Why should they sell at less than they want to or need to?

I too wish they would (I think) but why should they?

Edited by HarryBosch

Jesus. Live under a rock do we?

Chaytow, Vaughan, Koukash to name the ones SC was comfortable with us knowing about.

I asked for serious buyers. So you'd have been happy selling up to Vaughan then? Amazing.

Koukash - was he serious? How much did he bid? If I was looking to buy the club and was willing to pay market price but the owners were deliberately overvaluing I'd be getting that news out there straight away.

I asked for serious buyers. So you'd have been happy selling up to Vaughan then? Amazing.

Koukash - was he serious? How much did he bid? If I was looking to buy the club and was willing to pay market price but the owners were deliberately overvaluing I'd be getting that news out there straight away.

The fact that there's nothing left of any value might have limited the number of serious buyers, perhaps...

Has the protest group made a statement or made any sort of suggestion about what they are unhappy about and what they want to change?

Genuine question - it just seems to me that they discuss it at the pub and in a closed Facebook group but haven't enlightened everyone else.

Seen nothing, heard nothing.

Neither have I. But I am 200 miles away. In all seriousness though, I would like to hope against hope that they've scrapped the whole idea. I'm all for being passionate about the club and wanting the best for it, but this just isn't the way in my eyes.

I noticed that Mr West has thanked someone on Twitter for joining the boycott. Is this the boycott where he wanted people to pay for nothing more than admission to the ground, but boycott the various outlets such as the North stand, pie and pint, programme etc? If so, I fail to understand how depriving the club of money helps SC to sell to A N Other. I assume that is what they're after, but surely it weakens the club's worth.

That, to me, is skewed thinking. It's aiming and shooting at your foot (or, even both feet) and hitting with unerring accuracy. Can someone please explain to me how such a boycott actually benefits anyone and helps to oust the current regime, if that's the aim. It's also a bloody funny way of encouraging investment into the club. It's more likely to make prospective investors run away.

I'll stand corrected if I've got the basis of the boycott wrong.

Edited by Bristolatic

Has the protest group made a statement or made any sort of suggestion about what they are unhappy about and what they want to change?

Genuine question - it just seems to me that they discuss it at the pub and in a closed Facebook group but haven't enlightened everyone else.

Bingo.

Letter handed out at the game today apparently, it's on the OAFC hashtag on Twitter if someone smarter than me wants to post a link.

There ya go. Make of it what you will. I know what I think, but I've made my feelings known elsewhere.

CngQWxjWcAAjL5x.jpg

Edited by Bristolatic

There ya go. Make of it what you will. I know what I think, but I've made my feelings known elsewhere.

CngQWxjWcAAjL5x.jpg

The second bullet point on 'What can we do?' is just asking for trouble.

Arrived at BP about 2.45 and didn't see any boycott or these letters.