Pre season protest

Hopefully now the new management team has been announced any protest ideas will die, we have to give them a chance.

Indeed, and hopefully some players should soon follow and we get an official announcement on an official manager and what SOD's offical role at the club is. Plus some players.

I just wish we had got this sorted out earlier.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, and hopefully some players should soon follow and we get an official announcement on an official manager and what SOD's offical role at the club is. Plus some players.

I just wish we had got this sorted out earlier.

The date has to be significant, waiting for contracts to run down etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this all still happening after the last 2 weeks of good management appointments, lots of movement in players and I would say clear Intent from the current owner?

Or are you gonna get a grip and get behind the team?

I think you're wasting your time asking the question, mate. Didn't Westy say he wasn't responding on OWTB any more? In all honesty, I really can't be arsed to look at their Faceache page.

Is this all still happening after the last 2 weeks of good management appointments, lots of movement in players and I would say clear Intent from the current owner?

I am absolutely amazed that some people think that we are anywere near to having a competitive squad.

All the signings to date seem at a cheap cost as they are completely unwanted by other clubs.

I am absolutely amazed that some people think that we are anywere near to having a competitive squad.

All the signings to date seem at a cheap cost as they are completely unwanted by other clubs.

You're a proper little ray of sunshine, you are. Out of interest, do you know how much we're paying these new signings?

You're a proper little ray of sunshine, you are. Out of interest, do you know how much we're paying these new signings?

Let me guess-not very much at all. If you cannot see that then may I suggest that you are very naive?

Let's see the attendances should we as there are quite a few long term supporters who think that we are being shafted but if you want to believe that the club is being run to be competitive in the third division then OK, you are entitled to carry on being optimistic.

Let me guess-not very much at all. If you cannot see that then may I suggest that you are very naive?

Let's see the attendances should we as there are quite a few long term supporters who think that we are being shafted but if you want to believe that the club is being run to be competitive in the third division then OK, you are entitled to carry on being optimistic.

Been so nice without you posting for a few days

You sir are a doom and gloom merchant of the highest order.....why don't you just give it all up, as I'm sure you would feel much better for it!

It's shows what a sad state of affairs we are in when people regard the fact that we have managed to sign enough players to field a team a few days before our first friendly as a sign of "clear intent".

It's shows what a sad state of affairs we are in when people regard the fact that we have managed to sign enough players to field a team a few days before our first friendly as a sign of "clear intent".

McKay, Flynn, Ripley, Erwin, Law, Klok, Reckord, Woodland, Kettings with possibly Hughes & Burgess (or similar caliber) and others yet to come. If that does not show clear intent then you definitely belong to the 'glass half empty' school of life.

I am not happy with what has gone on at the club since the end of the season nor what has happened over the last few years but let's try and be a little more positive about the club you support.

You do still support the club don't you? Just checking like...

Edited by TheBigDog

Josh Law or Connor Brown

Marc Klok or Danny Philliskirk

Reckord or Mills

Kettings or Cornell

McKay or Murphy

I know which side of the list I'd rather have. That's intent enough for me that the players from last season that many think massively underperformed have had their positions filled

From the signings we've made so far I'd the quality of our squad so far is...well, average. Not good or bad, just average. Aside from a couple of players either way most of our signings have been OK, Flynn and McKay probably the best two but I see them as being good team players rather than the missing piece of the jigsaw that gets us promoted. We might get some better calibre players in who might change this but we'll see.

I don't necessarily see average as being a bad thing though. Most of our squads in recent years have been average, many of the teams that have won promotion from this division have had an average squad of players. So much of it is how the manager moulds them. I'm thinking of Hasselbaink/Clough at Burton, Johnson at Yeovil, Adkins at Scunthorpe twice, even Phil Parkinson when at Colchester. All of those squads were distinctly average but the manager knew how to get the best out of them.

At least it looks like Robinson will get a fighting chance at being able to mould the squad in the way he wants to, hopefully, make them into an effective unit.

Josh Law or Connor Brown either burnley full back

Marc Klok or Danny Philliskirk matty palmer

Reckord or Mills either burnley full back

Kettings or Cornell coleman

McKay or Murphy curtis main

I know which side of the list I'd rather have. That's intent enough for me that the players from last season that many think massively underperformed have had their positions filled

I dont know how anybody can upboat this post as it lists players who didnt play for us much last season compared with replacements for other departed players

I dont know how anybody can upboat this post as it lists players who didnt play for us much last season compared with replacements for other departed players

Palmer and Main weren't our players and we had no chance of signing them. Brown was our only recognised right back that we owned. Kettings compared with Cornell cos presumably both the back ups. I'd rather have kept Coleman. Klok at least looks like he will put a tackle in. Mills awful last season

Palmer and Main weren't our players and we had no chance of signing them. Brown was our only recognised right back that we owned. Kettings compared with Cornell cos presumably both the back ups. I'd rather have kept Coleman. Klok at least looks like he will put a tackle in. Mills awful last season

Most of the players who did the most to keep us up werent our players. It doesnt mean that we will not miss them.

They havent been replaced to any degree whatsoever and others who were our players have also departed-I think a few are clutching at straws but hey-ho in the next couple of weeks we could actually be signing a few more first teamers.

In the meanwhile I will believe that we are being set up for a season of struggle-not what I want us to be doing, I need some hope of success!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Josh Law or Connor Brown

Marc Klok or Danny Philliskirk

Reckord or Mills

Kettings or Cornell

McKay or Murphy

While its been a positive seeing us being so active in the transfer market this last week, we can't make any judgement on any of the new signing until we have seen them play. While some may have done well at other clubs may flop here, and some who appear to be cast off and rejects may prove to be rough diamonds and may find a home at Boundary Park. No judgement being made yet from me on these players although certainly no need for any kind of protest.

Edited by GlossopLatic

You'd rather have Curtis Main on loan than Billy Mckay on loan?

You are taking 1 position out of the 5 quoted (and we still have more than half of the positions to even begin to fill.)

Lets be honest our squad as it stands is crap and two of the quoted crap players are still here but much better players have been released/sold/ not signed.

We are trying to build an entire squad (including a lot of loans) on the cheap and to date I am not in the least impressed.

The one player above all others who we should have kept was Coleman. Let us see how his replacement(s) perform-It'll have to be very very good

You are taking 1 position out of the 5 quoted (and we still have more than half of the positions to even begin to fill.)

Lets be honest our squad as it stands is crap and two of the quoted crap players are still here but much better players have been released/sold/ not signed.

We are trying to build an entire squad (including a lot of loans) on the cheap and to date I am not in the least impressed.

The one player above all others who we should have kept was Coleman. Let us see how his replacement(s) perform-It'll have to be very very good

If Coleman wanted to go he's not going to sign a new contract then he'd go on a free end of season. Then corney would get hammered for that

I'd have liked to have kept Coleman but I expect Ripley to be better.

Yes, I did take 1 position out of the 5 as I can see your thinking with the other 4 but why would you rather have Curtis Main on loan than Billy Mckay on loan?

Edited by HarryBosch

giphy.gif

Much better? Those released/sold players have almost all gone to clubs at a similar level or below.