Pre season protest

If the same people walked through the Lookers turnstiles we'd have got no less from them than when they walk through the North Stand turnstiles. The same would be said if they walk through the RRE or Main Stand turnstiles now. That's the problem.

It's not added anything we didn't already have, except a few corporate boxes, and it cost £6m.

We still see money from it though, I'm not saying we rake in millions. You're right when you say there's no real difference in what the club will get than if we had the lookers there. The difference is now there is a way of reducing the debt to TTA (and the debt from said stand)..

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still see money from it though, I'm not saying we rake in millions. You're right when you say there's no real difference in what the club will get than if we had the lookers there. The difference is now there is a way of reducing the debt to TTA (and the debt from said stand)..

The fans were told that the non-footballing revenues would allow the club to compete.

That was therefore not the truth.

And next year? And the year after?

I've mentioned paying interest on loans before.

It is pretty simply really.

If the club don't own the facilities the money isn't going into the club's pocket, regardless of the year, surely.

If the club don't own the facilities the money isn't going into the club's pocket, regardless of the year, surely.

Blitz loans OAFC money that is used to build the stand. OAFC own the stand.

TTA set up the OEC business to operate from within the stand.

The OEC and other tenants pay rent to OAFC.

OAFC makes loan repayments to Blitz out of the rents received and retains some of those funds to invest in the football club.

It's the most likely scenario. We don't know it for a fact and we don't know the £s going around the cycle for a fact. But on Corney's statements that the stand will generate income for OAFC from beyond football it fits.

Successful businesses within that stand, including the OEC, can only be good for OAFC.

Edited by opinions4u

OAFC makes loan repayments to Blitz out of the rents received and retains some of those funds to invest in the football club.

It's the most likely scenario. We don't know it for a fact and we don't know the £s going around the cycle for a fact. But on Corney's statements that the stand will generate income for OAFC from beyond football it fits.

Successful businesses within that stand, including the OEC, can only be good for OAFC.

This.

It's a very common thing for professional football clubs to out source their hospitality. My last company was used for Everton Newcastle Brighton and Huddersfield and years before that United and City both used them. It's a very standard practice in the sports industry.

People also need to understand that just because we have Finance in place it means money is in place to build the stand that can include borrowed money, Corney said when plans were in place to initially build the stand that we would have to borrow money from Banks.

While the lack of progress is clearly frustrating for all of us. If we recruit badly in the next 3 months we will go down. If we do recruit badly and find ourselves in the doldrums people are well within their rights to kick off in fact I encourage it but I think we should hold back just yet.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Fair. But how do we know if the club will actually receive any investment?

I suppose it works if you've got the right owners. Many will be sceptical if the club does.

Fair. But how do we know if the club will actually receive any investment?

Taking Corney at face value, the business plan described above will do it.

Of course, incomplete and empty units mean the business plan may be optimistic.

I suppose it works if you've got the right owners. Many will be sceptical if the club does.

Despite some of the hysterics we see on here, we have an owner who does not seem intent on destroying the club. We can question investment (but he built a stand with better facilities than the one it replaced) and we can question ambition but I'm confident that Corney wants a financially secure Oldham athletic operating in League One or above.

There are some clubs with richer owners and some clubs with owners intent on boom and bust. We sit somewhere in the middle. It can be frustrating. But several other football clubs have a similar problem.

Taking Corney at face value, the business plan described above will do it.

Of course, incomplete and empty units mean the business plan may be optimistic.

Despite some of the hysterics we see on here, we have an owner who does not seem intent on destroying the club. We can question investment (but he built a stand with better facilities than the one it replaced) and we can question ambition but I'm confident that Corney wants a financially secure Oldham athletic operating in League One or above.

There are some clubs with richer owners and some clubs with owners intent on boom and bust. We sit somewhere in the middle. It can be frustrating. But several other football clubs have a similar problem.

Well put O4U, the glorious age of the internet means everybody knows everything, where in reality most of them know nothing. A little bit of reasoned rationale is what is required sometimes

Well put, Simon Brooke has pretty much said this is the case. I;d still like to be certain that the monies are being used to reduce the debt directly though.

Edited by singe

The fans were told that the non-footballing revenues would allow the club to compete.

That was therefore not the truth.

Pretty much what I said earlier in the thread.

So many on here are blind to the fact that Corney and his bum boys do not give a :censored: about the club any more. They are simply using us to make their money back. They have left this club with nothing. Who is going to pay the millions wanted to buy a name and a bit of grass?

:censored: off Corney and take that smug :censored: Owen with you.

1)Blitz loans OAFC money that is used to build the stand. OAFC own the stand.

2) TTA set up the OEC business to operate from within the stand.

3) The OEC and other tenants pay rent to OAFC.

4)OAFC makes loan repayments to Blitz out of the rents received and retains some of those funds to invest in the football club.

I am not arguing that this wasnt the original plan but initially we need confirmation that point 1 is correct-submission of Accounts of OAFC 2004 Ltd would help.

Then I would suggest that 2) comes as a result of overspending on building the stand (which is still not complete) as a protective measure.

I do not think that 3) has kicked in yet and I would speculate that it will not for several seasons.

Point 4) is therefore a long time away. Can we afford to wait?

As the respected economist John Maynard Keynes said 'in the long run we are all dead' -he was a very wise man. Self inflicted short termism is killing our club!

Firstly we sold Danny P then we borrowed from some scousers then we discounted our summer income then we sold our manager then we sold our goalie.

As we have been led along we have sold our soul (to quote another thread) and I think that it will be a long time before we get it back.

When I first started supporting Latics they were in the 4th division. That is where we are headed. There is no doubt in my mind about it.

I am not arguing that this wasnt the original plan but initially we need confirmation that point 1 is correct-submission of Accounts of OAFC 2004 Ltd would help.

Then I would suggest that 2) comes as a result of overspending on building the stand (which is still not complete) as a protective measure.

I do not think that 3) has kicked in yet and I would speculate that it will not for several seasons.

Point 4) is therefore a long time away. Can we afford to wait?

As the respected economist John Maynard Keynes said 'in the long run we are all dead' -he was a very wise man. Self inflicted short termism is killing our club!

Firstly we sold Danny P then we borrowed from some scousers then we discounted our summer income then we sold our manager then we sold our goalie.

As we have been led along we have sold our soul (to quote another thread) and I think that it will be a long time before we get it back.

When I first started supporting Latics they were in the 4th division. That is where we are headed. There is no doubt in my mind about it.

And what is the rent that the OEC pays to the club? Id bet my house it's no where near what an actual external company would pay

Pretty much what I said earlier in the thread.

So many on here are blind to the fact that Corney and his bum boys do not give a :censored: about the club any more. They are simply using us to make their money back. They have left this club with nothing. Who is going to pay the millions wanted to buy a name and a bit of grass?

:censored: off Corney and take that smug :censored: Owen with you.

Brilliant then what ?

Brilliant then what ?

Sell the club. Thought that was fairly obvious.

Should have sold to Koukash when he came in for us and Roughyeds. We could now be enjoying an owner willing to pay decent wages for decent players and getting excited about a potential promotion push instead of wondering if we'll sign enough players to field a team next season.

Sell the club. Thought that was fairly obvious.

Should have sold to Koukash when he came in for us and Roughyeds. We could now be enjoying an owner willing to pay decent wages for decent players and getting excited about a potential promotion push instead of wondering if we'll sign enough players to field a team next season.

and we'd be playing in Salford ???