Pre season protest

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the potentially slanderous comments and threats are true then the person needs to be dealt with appropriately. If it's widespread across the group then it needs to be shut down.

For balance, Westy has put up a post about threats towards him and a fair request for help from people with the expertise to give the group direction and leadership.

Both sides have people with fair intentions, both sides have idiots. This group may have more idiots than not, but I feel that if a more professional group evolves from it then it will have been a success and a good thing for the club. If not then the club will continue to stagnate at best, or go backwards at worst.

The vast majority are intrigued at how this current experiment will turn out and are behind the whole club right now.

I wouldn't go that far. On the pitch I'm interested to see how things will pan out, there are positive signs but I have some concerns about the squad we're building too. I'd be surprised if we do anything more than survive relegation.

Off the pitch I'm not convinced that we're moving forwards at all, nor that we really have plans to in the near future. I'm not sure that the majority feel the same but I'd say that opinions are fairly evenly divided on that issue.

Off the pitch I'm not convinced that we're moving forwards at all, nor that we really have plans to in the near future. I'm not sure that the majority feel the same but I'd say that opinions are fairly evenly divided on that issue.

You speak very sensibly but you are wasting your time and effort at the moment whilst the noisy supporters divide themselves into 2 groups at polar opposites.

The real problem is cash flow as evidenced by so many occurances during 2016 (and to a lesser extent prior) as the North Stand building and fitting out is draining everything away from the football side of matters including any ambition.

This does not feel like my football club at the moment and you can tell by the vast reduction in posters on OWTB that I am not alone.

You speak very sensibly but you are wasting your time and effort at the moment whilst the noisy supporters divide themselves into 2 groups at polar opposites.

The real problem is cash flow as evidenced by so many occurances during 2016 (and to a lesser extent prior) as the North Stand building and fitting out is draining everything away from the football side of matters including any ambition.

This does not feel like my football club at the moment and you can tell by the vast reduction in posters on OWTB that I am not alone.

I'm not sure the reduction in posters has everything to do the clubs situation and more to do with abusive morons who can't offer an opinion without personal insults if you don't agree with them.

I'm not sure the reduction in posters has everything to do the clubs situation and more to do with abusive morons who can't offer an opinion without personal insults if you don't agree with them.

I just have to do some work these days

Please explain how they could get their money back tomorrow!

(btw £10M isnt enough)

They wouldn't get it back tomorrow. But they could easily fold the club by calling in their debts (unlikely due to the new stand, but still a possibility in future). Give it a couple of years and the council will let them build houses there. Add that to the money already made by selling off/building on various bits of the land.

I agree £10m won't be enough for everything, just used as a rough figure based on previous estimates.

Edited by RobOAFC

They wouldn't get it back tomorrow. But they could easily fold the club by calling in their debts (unlikely due to the new stand, but still a possibility in future). Give it a couple of years and the council will let them build houses there. Add that to the money already made by selling off/building on various bits of the land.

Why on earth would the Council let them build houses there (even if they could?) You have seen 10 and 10 and got a result akin to 99!

TTA have dug themselves into a hole financially and only see one way out-the North Stand. The problem is that the required finance still isnt in place.

It is an impasse and the football club suffers whilst the fitting out is completed which is taking forever.

I know it might not fit the agenda. The post about Corney was not put in the protest group it was put in the real fans group by someone who is not a member of the protest group.

It must of got confused with your own death threats..

I have been told who made the post about SC and he is a first prize prat

Edited by OAFCM35