• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We say this every :censored:ing year and end up with a thread bare squad full of absolute :censored:e!

I think you need to wake up.

We don't call it asset stripping every year.

Last year we seemed happy keeping the bulk of the squad together.

Calm the :censored: down. Wait to see who the manager is. Let him assemble his squad.

Then get hysterics if we are :censored:.

Three youth product keepers in the leagues above, inc. 2 in the PL.

Well done TP and White. Very impressive.

How anybody can get hysterical about this one...

This is going to be a great stat when we end up with some clumsy knobhead like Cornell in goal in August.

We don't call it asset stripping every year.

Last year we seemed happy keeping the bulk of the squad together.

Calm the :censored: down. Wait to see who the manager is. Let him assemble his squad.

Then get hysterics if we are :censored:.

In my defence I thought he was under contract.

However, I do still think he's a c u next Tuesday for seemingly selling all our top talent for :censored: all money, letting our managers go for :censored: all compensation and most importantly, selling all our land assets around the ground to make himself/themselves a few quid!

It's so frustrating seeing clubs selling their players for up to ten times what we sell ours for.

We're so obsessed with making a quick buck we don't seem to be arsed about the money we get as long as it reaches a minimum price. If we had Dack from Gillingham we'd probably have sold him by now when somebody came in with a £100k offer the season before.

No concept of value whatsoever.

Edit: this wasn't meant to be on the Renshaw thread. Not arsed about this one - if Everton come calling we've got no choice.

Edited by NewBlue

No Chris, you're not going to Everton, who are one of the biggest clubs in the country, play in the PL and have :censored: loads of cash and a new high profile new manager.

:censored: off - you're staying here in the third division! where's your loyalty?

Can i point out he isn't a professional footballer with a contract and can go wherever he wants and we can't stop him?

Is that really the case. Isn't he coming up to 19? I'd have thought all players of that age would be properly contracted.

Thanks. I take it he didn't sign the contract he was offered then? Think it's a bit odd that we would have waited until now (April) to offer him a professional contract if he was showing enough promise to attract Everton's attention.

EPPP compensation I think, if he hadn't signed his pro contract. On the Coleman thread I came up with a very rough and ready estimate that it'd be about £65,000 (assuming certain things about our academy and how long he's been here).

EPPP compensation I think, if he hadn't signed his pro contract. On the Coleman thread I came up with a very rough and ready estimate that it'd be about £65,000 (assuming certain things about our academy and how long he's been here).

What about add ons?

What about add ons?

I don't think there's any such thing. EPPP is a fixed formula. It really does shaft smaller clubs. IIRC the bigger clubs threatened to cut or withhold solidarity payments unless the rest of the League accepted EPPP.

We're so obsessed with making a quick buck we don't seem to be arsed about the money we get as long as it reaches a minimum price. If we had Dack from Gillingham we'd probably have sold him by now when somebody came in with a £100k offer the season before.

No concept of value whatsoever.

Edit: this wasn't meant to be on the Renshaw thread. Not arsed about this one - if Everton come calling we've got no choice.

If all our best youth prospects can leave for nothing (except for nominal compensation) after rejecting contacts what's the point of a youth team set up?

If all our best youth prospects can leave for nothing (except for nominal compensation) after rejecting contacts what's the point of a youth team set up?

£200k a year net cost of running the youth set up.

A decent sale every year. A first team breakthrough. An occasional Tarky fee and add on clause.

I don't think there's any such thing. EPPP is a fixed formula. It really does shaft smaller clubs. IIRC the bigger clubs threatened to cut or withhold solidarity payments unless the rest of the League accepted EPPP.

Payments for every 10 first team appearances he makes up to 100 appearances. A potential maximum of £1.3m in the PL.

Also potentially a 20% sell on relating to transfers before 23 years of age and a 5% loan fee (conditions attached).

Edited by jimsleftfoot