If we get both flynn and Hughes I'll be relatively impressed, yet the amount of (seemingly) gambles we are taking on untried players is still the worry.

Who is untried?

Every signing bar Kloc has experience of playing in England or Scotland

If we get both flynn and Hughes I'll be relatively impressed, yet the amount of (seemingly) gambles we are taking on untried players is still the worry.

Or perhaps we are signing squad players first before hitting the big guns when their wage demands lower? We've signed what eight players or so? With five under contract that leaves another ten or eleven to reach his target of 23/24.

Still, rumours of Burgess also.

scored 19 goals in just under 200 appearances for the club whilst helping them reach the play-offs three times.

Can't argue with that, first choice midfielder for a team that's made the playoffs 3 times in the the 5 he's been there.

That's a cracking pedigree for a Latics signing.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Another very good day of business. SC seems to be backing the new management team with some funds. Early days but seen enough intent to renew the season tickets for the family. Looking forward for the first time in a few years.

SC is a genius. Pay everyone late. Get rid of everyone for a month. Then spend all the money saved in a sudden splurge.

Bring us down low and then build us up! He is really is football's Del Boy.

Honestly though, i'd be less dizzy going round all day on the Grand National at the Pleasure Beach.

Happy with this on paper but looking at the Sheffield United forum, they're surprised he's got a club at this level and expected him to end up in League 2. A bit of piss taking that he's a 'marquee signing' and our spin that he's had 5 successful years there (someone's said they hope his one great game in 5 isn't against them). Reading it just took a bit of the shine off - wish I hadn't bothered.