Trialist to Leicester

I hear that we have offered the triailist who scored on Tuesday a contract. I am also told he has been invited to Leicester to train with them

My former club, but nothing to do with me. I'd like to see him here.

Anybody know if a possible deal for this Martis guy is still on the go or whether he's turned down our offer? Not seen anything in the media for a while.

All the names we have been linked with since suggest he's moved onto other pastures.

According to the Chron. he is still with United's U21's and has a contract offer from Leicester as well as us. Robetson hopes the chance of 1st team football will be more attractive to him than money.

Two options:

1. Sign for the Premier League champions, knowing the best you'll get is a place on the bench in the Carling Cup, or whatever it's called this week. Rest of the season, stay plonked in the ressies
  2. Sign for Latics, play virtually every game and get noticed by scouts from several Premiership and Championship clubs, then take your pick with what each of them have to offer

​​Two financial outcomes:

1. Sign for Leicester, earn a shed load for doing very little of note in the first XI, but have plenty in your arse pocket and have your head turned
  2. Sign for Latics, earn considerably less, understand the value of money and keep your feet on the ground

Or is that too naive?

Two options:

• Sign for the Premier League champions, knowing the best you'll get is a place on the bench in the Carling Cup, or whatever it's called this week. Rest of the season, stay plonked in the ressies
  • Sign for Latics, play virtually every game and get noticed by scouts from several Premiership and Championship clubs, then take your pick with what each of them have to offer
​​Two financial outcomes:
  • Sign for Leicester, earn a shed load for doing very little of note in the first XI, but have plenty in your arse pocket and have your head turned
  • Sign for Latics, earn considerably less, understand the value of money and keep your feet on the ground
Or is that too naive?

I think you know the answer...