Scoreboard

9 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

They appear to be on three sides.

Either way. I donated towards a scoreboard. I want to see a scoreboard.

The boards at Forest and the like, showing the game and replays before and after the match. It helped build the atmosphere showing goals from the past few games.

Like what was displayed outside the north stand when they launched the promotion. Like what the promotion was for. Like what I donated for.

I'm sure you'll get your scoreboard. It'll just be a very wide one that bends around the pitch.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You can get a refund. As can anyone who donated and doesn't like this idea.  Should have been more open with what was happening IF that money has gone to these instead of the screen. BUT you can get your money back so you won't lose out. Just means you're not allowed to look at the boards if you do

Should it ever have been like that?

From what I remember it was opt in not opt out.

The original Tifosy target was £36k and I think it was a short period to raise it, think it was ned of march last year.

when it became apparent that we had accumulated a fantastic £9k but would miss the deadline, the trust  stepped in to. Re-negotiate until the timescale until the end of the season and a more realistic target.

with fans help, the target was met and the funds were released to the club as per the Tifosy agreement. The trust we then told the funds were ring fenced until all parties were good to go, the trust was good to go but corney said he through the could source us a better scoreboard on one of his over seas pre-Xmas visits. 

It was only at eh end of march un officially via the fans meeting that corney announced it was not going to be scoreboard and fans could have therir money back. To me, the fans can have their money back...indicates he has taken teh £27k and used it either for this new adventure or something else. Again I can only jump to conclusions as there has been nothing from corney or club to confirm or deny this

this was not the agreement and in my mind and my opinion on this.....piss poor performance that really does give those donors teh "v's" so to speak

I am not amused

Edited by underdog

So 27k. Are we saying 27k couldn't buy a scoreboard but can buy perimeter advertising around 3 sides of the ground? Doesn't make sense in terms of square footage of LCD screens. 

Perhaps the LCD perimeter boards are supplied 'free' by an ad agency for a slice of increased ad revenue? 

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So 27k. Are we saying 27k couldn't buy a scoreboard but can buy perimeter advertising around 3 sides of the ground? Doesn't make sense in terms of square footage of LCD screens. 

Perhaps the LCD perimeter boards are supplied 'free' by an ad agency for a slice of increased ad revenue? 

You really are buried down to your nipples up Corney's arse aren't you?

13 minutes ago, underdog said:

The original Tifosy target was £36k and I think it was a short period to raise it, think it was ned of march last year.

when it became apparent that we had accumulated a fantastic £9k but would miss the deadline, the trust  stepped in to. Re-negotiate until the timescale until the end of the season and a more realistic target.

with fans help, the target was met and the funds were released to the club as per the Tifosy agreement. The trust we then told the funds were ring fenced until all parties were good to go, the trust was good to go but corney said he through the could source us a better scoreboard on one of his over seas pre-Xmas visits. 

It was only at eh end of march un officially via the fans meeting that corney announced it was not going to be scoreboard and fans could have therir money back. To me, the fans can have their money back...indicates he has taken teh £27k and used it either for this new adventure or something else.

this was not the agreement and in my mind and my opinion on this.....piss poor performance that really does give those donors teh "v's" so to speak

I am not amused

Him saying you can have your money back indicates he has used it elsewhere? That's odd logic.  Clearly the relationship between the trust and the club has broken down. Not saying whose fault this is, it may actually be nobody's fault, it may be the clubs fault. But that shouldn't mean people 'take their bat home'. 

I have to say that there is a very clear negative message from the trust on this forum and it is evidenced in that I rarely see the two of you that I know about commenting in a positive way on this forum. Nothing in the Peter Clarke thread for instance and only a sideswipe dig in the "This week at Latics " thread.

The best two bits of news we have recently had, one a statement of intent and the other an excellent bit of weekly PR from th club and the trust reps say nowt.

Far more inclined to be involved in rumour and conjecture. 

It's not healthy.  Just an observation. Tin hat on. 

Edited by kowenicki

7 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

You really are buried down to your nipples up Corney's arse aren't you?

Are you 6. Grow the fuck up. 

Which part of my post is kissing anyone's arse. It's an observation, question and suggestion. Respond properly or don't respond. 

Edited by kowenicki

7 minutes ago, dec666 said:

Telling a couple of fans at a private meeting that refunds are available, that'll really get the message out!

Agreed that is very poor. The trust know too, so they can communicate it can't they? I know, you know. 

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Him saying you can have your money back indicates he has used it elsewhere? That's odd logic.  Clearly the relationship between the trust and the club has broken down. Not saying whose fault this is, it may actually be nobody's fault, it may be the clubs fault. But that shouldn't mean people 'take their bat home'. 

I have to say that there is a very clear negative message from the trust on this forum and it is evidenced in that I rarely see the two of you that I know about commenting in a positive way on this forum. Nothing in the Peter Clarke thread for instance and only a sideswipe dig in the "This week at Latics " thread.

The best two bits of news we have recently had, one a statement of intent and the other an excellent bit of weekly PR from th club and the trust reps say nowt.

Far more inclined to be involved in rumour and conjecture. 

It's not healthy.  Just an observation. Tin hat on. 

I think you'll find that Underdog is normally very positive on here. She didn't post on the Peter Clarke thread? Oh no!

1 hour ago, Fruitygoo said:

Correct... As far as i know, this has never been information released on official channels 

So do you blame the trust too, they knew,  did they communicate it immediately?  Both as bad as each other. 

Edited by kowenicki