Scoreboard

9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

It surprises me that the providers of electronic perimeter advertising boards don't also hook clubs up with some or all of the advertisers and, therefore, just pay the club for having them and advertising their advertisers. 

"Stick these in and we'll pay you £50k a season" or however much....

Perhaps you should set this business model in motion!

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

We're not on live television very often granted but highlights are shown on Sky Sports Score Centre and goals on that crap channel 5 programme so publicity isn't too much of an issue I wouldn't have thought.

The reason I thought it would generate more income is because you can have multiple sponsors on the perimeter boards which would mean you could have more sponsors than the present static ones.

I do stand corrected as I don't really have too much of a clue but I reckon perimeter boards provide more income and more advertising purely because all the premier league have them?

Has anyone every bought anything after consciously noticing an advertising boarding at Boundary Park?

Personally I don't think a scoreboard will generate much of a return on investment financially as only 4000 people are seeing it every other week.

However people have taken the time to donate and raise money for this and not to deliver or to go and shift the goalposts like this is yet another PR own goal from the club. 

10 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

We're not on live television very often granted but highlights are shown on Sky Sports Score Centre and goals on that crap channel 5 programme so publicity isn't too much of an issue I wouldn't have thought.

The reason I thought it would generate more income is because you can have multiple sponsors on the perimeter boards which would mean you could have more sponsors than the present static ones.

I do stand corrected as I don't really have too much of a clue but I reckon perimeter boards provide more income and more advertising purely because all the premier league have them?

Between them two we get about 5 minutes of air time a week.

Not 100% on this but dont't most premier league clubs only have them on the side you'd see on tv?  The side the camera is on is just the usual advertising hoardings?

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

As I thought the whole concept of getting a six figure sum donated was so far divorced from reality that it was laughable in the first place I'm struggling to achieve moral outrage

My hope all along was that we'd get something like the RRE used to have. These big screens in small grounds look really tacky.

Something with a score and a time is all you need. We don't even need electronic perimeter advertising.

Edited by NewBlue

15 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Perhaps you should set this business model in motion!

Good phrase that, 'business model'. I assume the club have got a detailed one for the perimeter advertising that they'll be sharing with the people paying for it when they were told they were paying for something else. 

22 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Jorvik is correct when he asserts TV exposure and specifically TV ratings, the currency from which airtime is traded, is the reason why it would make obvious economical sense for all Premier League and many Championship clubs to install them.

TVR's calcuated against our airtime [SSN and C5 included] will be very poor indeed.

Having said that, whether we could generate 'more' income [and how much more?] compared to static sites, one assumes could be forecasted and a business case built fairly easily, if one was in possession of the current numbers.

Edited by lookersstandandy

11 minutes ago, rosa said:

Good phrase that, 'business model'. I assume the club have got a detailed one for the perimeter advertising that they'll be sharing with the people paying for it when they were told they were paying for something else. 

It was so much simpler when it meant "get haining's bird to walk round the pitch sticking her tits out".

59 minutes ago, underdog said:

Alledgedly....perimeter boarding/adverts on three sides of the ground only.....none in front of the main stand....

Same at most grounds, can be seen for TV on other sides...

I'm sure there'd be a way of incorporating the score into the boards in certain areas.

but, the money SHOULD be used for it's original intended purpose.

7 minutes ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

Same at most grounds, can be seen for TV on other sides...

I'm sure there'd be a way of incorporating the score into the boards in certain areas.

but, the money SHOULD be used for it's original intended purpose.

A compromise might be multi-functional electronic perimeters which have a dedicated 5m stretch that always shows the score, the time and additional scoreboard things. Then offer refunds for anybody who doesn't want it.

However once again the club have handled this totally the wrong way.

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

You may well be right about the revenue but it's not really the point, is it?  How much would a crowdfunding initiative for perimeter advertising boards have raised?  Fuck all. 

Yes, I completely understand that and as have said previously it is bloody annoying and isn't the point at all. 

The lack of communication is dreadful (but now expected) and I can see why people feel they have been shafted.

I am just merely making the point that perimeter boards are a decent idea.

6 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

Wonder what Corney's cut is.

How the hell can we afford this when we can hardly pay the taxman on time? What's the rush to get this installed when we have 3 home games left this season. We took our time signing players this season and we're in a rush to leave this unused for months?

2 hours ago, dec666 said:

Looks like this is actually going in today...

Surely the companies which have advertising boards will have been informed that their boards will be covered for the remaining games (two of which will attract decent crowds). I wonder if they will be given refunds, or offered a discount if they use the new electronic boards.

15 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Surely the companies which have advertising boards will have been informed that their boards will be covered for the remaining games (two of which will attract decent crowds). I wonder if they will be given refunds, or offered a discount if they use the new electronic boards.

I'm sure there current advertising will be incorporated in to the new system, not difficult to! 

Edited by super_blue