Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be a silly question but is the trust certain that the money used is the same that was donated? from what I'm reading the club haven't communicated anything to the trust at all apart from Corney mentioned perimeter fencing months ago as an option?

45 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

May be a silly question but is the trust certain that the money used is the same that was donated? from what I'm reading the club haven't communicated anything to the trust at all apart from Corney mentioned perimeter fencing months ago as an option?

We've been told that the fencing is the alternative solution to a scoreboard 

28 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Sorry but, been told it's been bought as an alternative or it was a alternative option? I just trying to figure out if anybody knows if the money has actually been spent.

26 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Understand those that may have a differing opinion on it but I actually think this is a better alternative.

Room for constant sponsorship opportunities through the 90 minutes. The score can easily be displayed on them and seen right around the ground. They (hopefully) look smart and make the ground look that little bit less dated.

22 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Understand those that may have a differing opinion on it but I actually think this is a better alternative.

Room for constant sponsorship opportunities through the 90 minutes. The score can easily be displayed on them and seen right around the ground. They (hopefully) look smart and make the ground look that little bit less dated.

I agree, and said so quite some time ago, BUT that does not excuse the way it has been handled with the Trust, which is appalling.

23 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Keep hearing this increased revenue narrative.

Did people donate on that basis? Not so sure.

40 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

I doubt there's the demand to utilise electronic hoardings for sponsorship purposes. What happened to the advertising boards on top of the RRE? I assumed there is none because we don't have the sponsors?

21 minutes ago, singe said:

I agree, and said so quite some time ago, BUT that does not excuse the way it has been handled with the Trust, which is appalling.

Exactly. I think it's a better option (but also feel that we won't make too much money from it). It's not just the Trust - if there isn't going to be a scoreboard then the club should have consulted the fans who donated money towards a specific thing. I would imagine that the majority would have been happy for the different option but are now pissed off because they weren't communicated to.

2 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

I doubt there's the demand to utilise electronic hoardings for sponsorship purposes. What happened to the advertising boards on top of the RRE? I assumed there is none because we don't have the sponsors?

This was covered up after the Ched Evans saga and sponsors pulling out. Never to be replaced.

29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Keep hearing this increased revenue narrative.

Did people donate on that basis? Not so sure.

Well I wouldn't give a flying **** about a scoreboard if all it did was display Oldham 0-? ???????.

Clubs like ours should be doing everything we can to maximise sponsorship and if it takes a modern LED parimeter screen to do it, then I say crack on!

This will hopefully look smart and at least make the younger fans feel like they're in a proper football ground and not a dingy old rotten box.

4 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Well I wouldn't give a flying **** about a scoreboard if all it did was display Oldham 0-? ???????.

Clubs like ours should be doing everything we can to maximise sponsorship and if it takes a modern LED parimeter screen to do it, then I say crack on!

This will hopefully look smart and at least make the younger fans feel like they're in a proper football ground and not a dingy old rotten box.

Can't imagine younger fans giving a toss to be honest.

People donated because they wanted to see a modern scoreboard not to maximise revenue.

If the fence can not only show advertising but shows the score along with the odd 'COMEON OLDHAM, or 'GOAL' when we score like the good old days while being seen by everybody in the ground from every vantage point...

is there really an issue? its not like were getting a video screen and in theory it would be providing what you with exactly what you wanted.

Edited by palmer1

12 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

If the fence can not only show advertising but shows the score along with the odd 'COMEON OLDHAM, or 'GOAL' when we score like the good old days while being seen by everybody in the ground from every vantage point...

is there really an issue? its not like were getting a video screen and in theory it would be providing what you with exactly what you wanted.

People thought they were getting a video screen.

This is far removed from that.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

People thought they were getting a video screen.

This is far removed from that.

Not for the money raised they didn't surely? Once plans changed it was always going to be a basic screen ala Fleetwood and Blackpool wasnt it?

Of course, the devil is in the detail. If we are buying outright and getting a good deal then that is the best option, let's hope it is not diluted even further and on some sort of rental or profit share deal that some clubs have.

and a decent maintenace agreement

1 hour ago, oafc_lover said:

They appear to be on three sides.

Either way. I donated towards a scoreboard. I want to see a scoreboard.

The boards at Forest and the like, showing the game and replays before and after the match. It helped build the atmosphere showing goals from the past few games.

Like what was displayed outside the north stand when they launched the promotion. Like what the promotion was for. Like what I donated for.

1 minute ago, blueatheart said:

They appear to be on three sides.

Either way. I donated towards a scoreboard. I want to see a scoreboard.

The boards at Forest and the like, showing the game and replays before and after the match. It helped build the atmosphere showing goals from the past few games.

Like what was displayed outside the north stand when they launched the promotion. Like what the promotion was for. Like what I donated for.

You can get a refund. As can anyone who donated and doesn't like this idea.  Should have been more open with what was happening IF that money has gone to these instead of the screen. BUT you can get your money back so you won't lose out. Just means you're not allowed to look at the boards if you do