Scoreboard

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Who is this Ian Lomas bloke and still nothing from the club over this....

To be fair I wouldn't announce anything on the internet or in the press if I had some shiny new electronic perimeter advertising hoardings to do it on.... 

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

To be fair I wouldn't announce anything on the internet or in the press if I had some shiny new electronic perimeter advertising hoardings to do it on.... 

Maybe they will put all the donors names on it as a big thank you....when they first switch it on....hahah. Hope the clubs electrics can cope with it.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Are they trying this with the intention of saying: Here are some nice shiny perimeter boards don't they look good wouldn't you prefer them instead.

Has Corney twisted someone's arm into giving us a free trial?

I don't believe it's free. I believe it's been documented that the scoreboard funding was a "deposit". The trust are unable to confirm want additional costing over how long a period it's going to be before it's paid off and generating revenue

alos, no forecasting over what possible income it would generate outright either

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

I don't believe it's free. I believe it's been documented that the scoreboard funding was a "deposit". The trust are unable to confirm want additional costing over how long a period it's going to be before it's paid off and generating revenue

alos, no forecasting over what possible income it would generate outright either

I  other words we are getting perimeter advertising boarding and their is nothing we can do about it. And they are telling you guys on the trust to stop asking them awkward questions that they don't want to answer?

Edited by GlossopLatic

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I  other words we are getting perimeter advertising boarding and their is nothing we can do about it. And they are telling you guys on the trust to stop asking them awkward questions that they don't want to answer?

Well not to me personally as I'm not the trust board rep, and if they asked him to stop, it's more likely to spur him on more.

We are at a critical point in the trust/corney/club relationship. The trust scoreboard statement I hope, shows that we mean business

Although its not what we signed up for if with some provisions I actually wouldn't be that bothered.

Granted its another time on the long list that we have been lied to but it does open up doors to crucial income, like was the plan with the big screen. As long as there is a part on each screen which constantly showing a match time (like Newcastle) and flashed across team news and the like at key match points (like city's) then I'd be happy to look at the compromise for the greater good.

Yes, its not what we should have to do but with our club its what we've become used to

Whether you are happy for us to have bought/leased/put down a deposit on these electronic boards, the key for me is the further breakdown in trust. 

There was a lot of scepticism when the Tifosy scheme was launched with large sections of the fan base unwilling to believe that the money would end up where promised. The role of a third party and subsequently the Trust helped convince people and a decent sum was raised.

After now seeing the funds spent elsewhere, any future scheme is doomed to failure.

11 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

Whether you are happy for us to have bought/leased/put down a deposit on these electronic boards, the key for me is the further breakdown in trust. 

There was a lot of scepticism when the Tifosy scheme was launched with large sections of the fan base unwilling to believe that the money would end up where promised. The role of a third party and subsequently the Trust helped convince people and a decent sum was raised.

After now seeing the funds spent elsewhere, any future scheme is doomed to failure.

Exactly right.  To ask people to donate money for one thing and then use it for another is gross misrepresentation.  And,  as you say, the club will struggle to convince fans to contribute to any such scheme again.

17 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Exactly right.  To ask people to donate money for one thing and then use it for another is gross misrepresentation.  And,  as you say, the club will struggle to convince fans to contribute to any such scheme again.

Who held the money?

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

To be fair the trust said the money couldn't be touched

I believe we said ringfenced.

now I have slept since and I'm sure other trust Directors will kick me if I'm wrong but I think it went something like this.

the original agreement was with Tifosy and club for a score board once the scoreboard target was achieved those funds were released to the club.

the trust were advised by the previous CEO that these funds were ringfenced for this purpose once we had sourced and were ready to go. The previous CEO moved on

Corney then advised the trust that he could source us a better scoreboard on one of his Chinese visits. Pre-Xmas.

trust then chased Corney for an update and we only made aware of the change when corney told fans at he end of January meeting that the better deal was perimeter hoardings instead and fans could request a refund.

We have been pushing the club to make a statement on this change and felt we could no longer wait, hence our statement this week

LL and Jorvik, please feel free to correct me cheers

To be clear, the Trust never held the money released by Tifosi. We were told and had reason to believe it had been put to one side rather than going into the main pot of money. It may well still be there but despite several requests we've been unable to verify this, or if it has been used we have no visibility of how and with what business plan/benefits to supporters 

These perimeter boards look pretty good from that photo.

It will be interesting to see them working.Maybe all the fuss will die down then, alternatively Corney could just use either 1,the ringfenced donations, 2 the season ticket income or 3 the bolton gate receipts to refund anybody not happy.......... Sorted :-)

My worry is that as far as I'm aware not many other clubs who never get on tv have them. Probably the same number of clubs that advertise their season tickets as being exc vat.  Its not new tech so we're hardly pioneers - everyone knows about them but choose not to have them.

Are we we going to be able to charge more than standard hoardings? Will advertisers be willing to pay more? Struggling to see how this will be more profitable than fixed boards that cost nothing to run and maintain. 

Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere but weren't the trust supposed to benefit from the money generated by a new scoreboard? Is that still the case with perimeter advertising?

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

My worry is that as far as I'm aware not many other clubs who never get on tv have them. Probably the same number of clubs that advertise their season tickets as being exc vat.  Its not new tech so we're hardly pioneers - everyone knows about them but choose not to have them.

Are we we going to be able to charge more than standard hoardings? Will advertisers be willing to pay more? Struggling to see how this will be more profitable than fixed boards that cost nothing to run and maintain. 

Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere but weren't the trust supposed to benefit from the money generated by a new scoreboard? Is that still the case with perimeter advertising?

I believe the revenue was going to split with club, trust and other fan funded initiatives.

the trust are unable to confirm that this is still going ahead

I have had an update with regards to the "monies" and ring fencing.

For clarity the previous CEO held the monies in a separate account and we got a weekly update on those monies, there was an agreement that they could only be touched with the permission of the Trust. The current CEO hasn't maintained that agreement.