Bradford (A)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And me. Our fixtures weren't the hardest that could have been put together...

When the fixtures were released the general consensus was that Millwall away followed by Walsall at home was a tough start. So it proved to be. Furthermore, Bradford away was always going to be difficult.

Sandwiched in between we had Bury and Northampton. I'd say six points is a decent return given our pre-season.

Two home league games to come against middling teams. I expect to have doubled our points tally when they are done.

When the fixtures were released the general consensus was that Millwall away followed by Walsall at home was a tough start. So it proved to be. Furthermore, Bradford away was always going to be difficult.

Sandwiched in between we had Bury and Northampton. I'd say six points is a decent return given our pre-season.

I agree but if we were ever not playing for 6 points or more from 5 games of football whatever the circumstances it would be time to give up.

I agree but if we were ever not playing for 6 points or more from 5 games of football whatever the circumstances it would be time to give up.

I doubt that we were playing for 6 points. Robinson strikes me as the type of guy that is playing to win all games, some in different ways from others. And if penalty decisions had gone our way then we probably would have won on Saturday despite being up against it for most of the game.

6 points is a decent return from the games we've had so far given the pre season and I'm happy with it. But if you'd offered me 6 points at the start of the season, in that old hypothetical cliche, I wouldn't have taken it. We should always be aiming for more than that. But we're in a better position than I thought we'd be, we're playing well according to most and more importantly the manager seems totally switched on about what needs to improve. He's completely correct to focus firstly on the defence. Someone said earlier about the lack of goals from strikers putting pressure on the defence. I disagree, I think the quality of the defence will take the pressure off the strikers and the goals will come eventually. If we look what happened last season, how often did we play reasonably well for 20 minutes, not score, then concede a ridiculous goal and go on to lose because everyone started panicking?

There are a lot of positives so far, and a few negatives. The big plus for me is that Robinson seems to class those positives as what he expects from them every game, and he's fully aware of, and working on, the negatives.

And me. Our fixtures weren't the hardest that could have been put together...

I'd have said they were about as tricky as you could possibly get.

3rd, 4th and 5th from last season in the first five fixtures? Plus the winners of the division below on a 25 game unbeaten streak...

Bury were the only weaker one, but even then an away fixture was never going to be easy

Thats an accurate observation, he does need to learn to get on the right side of opponents and I imagine the coaching staff are working on that aspect.

Something that many ignored in Diengs game last season when he was playing at the back! he got away with it...

Something that many ignored in Diengs game last season when he was playing at the back! he got away with it...

Fane is far worse for it, imo. Fortunately his athleticism gets him out of trouble higher up the pitch, but in and around the box he'll be a liability

Edited by NewBlue

Guest nonaenever

Make your mind up, according to our interaction on the other thread all the stayaways (such as myself) are staying away for trivial reasons, but now they need "a lot of convincing" to come back - which suggests the reasons they are staying away are not trivial! Yesterday's away following (less than 700) reminded me of the away game at Town which I think was 09/10 under Sheridan where not only did we batter them but I seem to recall we took well over 2000 as the away end was rammed. You can stick your head in the sand all you like and pooh pooh people's reasons for not going, but that away turnout yesterday was very poor and symptomatic of the club's demise under Corney.

Why does me writing "need a lot of convincing" suggest your reasons are not trivial? You were mentioning people stopping supporting Latics because the Clayton Arms had gone and the Ford Stand (Lookers) had been demolished. NOT reasons to stop supporting Latics in my humble opinion. Think we took over 3,000 to Huddersfield that year and yes - a cracking performance by us. Tonight's was awful - but as I'm not a fair weather supporter, I`ll take it on the chin and be shouting for them again come Saturday.