Bradford (A)

So you are happy to carry on that way,

Of course not. But to say we have had a settled team, ready to go, for a dozen games is just stupid.

We are trying to get another striker in. We are playing well. Our defence is solid. We are defying every pundits pre season prediction. Let's just wait and see shall we. Formations and tactics are still evolving. It's VERY early days.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beaten by 12 men. The ref was one of the worst I've seen. I don't mind crap refs too much if they are crap for both sides. This one was shocking and all in the home side's favour.

It might have been a penalty for them, but after failing to give us a nailed on penalty in the first half there is no way he can give it without being allegedly bent.

I suppose you do get some refs swayed by a large crowd. Do assessors take this into account?

Hard earned point and many teams will come away from bradford with nothing this season. They were the better team and deserved the win but the ref was a disgrace. You will not see a more nailed on penalty this season when we are one up, to then give a soft as s**t one for them is infuriating. Happy with a point after that though, because like i say, they deserved to win imo

No matter how well we defend the strikers not scoring are costing us points..A dozen games including friendlies and a striker is yet to score. I would say that is unusual.

I agree but would rather the midfield and defenders score, if the strikers are not finding their feet just yet.

A goal is a goal, no matter what.

We have to hope that once they do start to score, it escalates from there.

Beaten by 12 men. The ref was one of the worst I've seen. I don't mind crap refs too much if they are crap for both sides. This one was shocking and all in the home side's favour.

It might have been a penalty for them, but after failing to give us a nailed on penalty in the first half there is no way he can give it without being allegedly bent.[/quote

]

Sounds familiar.

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=368419

This is a great start, and very unexpected. The coaching staff and players are working hard and making real progress. Hats off to them.

Build on a strong defensive base, that's the key. Lack of goals is not a major concern, for now. It's also not just about the forwards. Blaming them alone is unfair. We're not creating enough chances. There is still a disconnect between midfield and forwards. It needs time.

Great start.

So many positives from that performance.

We were best early on, looking keen and physical and the goal was a great moment.

The McKay penalty decision is one of the most bewildering I've seen. The Law overlap and cross for McKay to head a whisker wide. Was also a chance to extend the lead.

But this doesn't detract from the fact that Bradford spent the last seventy minutes stretching us down the wings and forced Ripley into a couple of great saves. I think this lad has a future at the highest level.

My take on their penalty is that it was soft, quite possibly a technically correct decision, but one that referee would not have given us is a million years. Because he was a :censored:.

Some of the shirt pulling Erwin had to endure without getting a decision was ridiculous. Klok was booked for not hearing whistle. Numerous 50/50 decisions going to the home side.

Ripley 9

Law 6

Dunne 6

Burgess 8

Clarke 11

Klok 7

Fane 7

Green 7

Flynn 7

Erwin 8

McKay 8

Banks 6

McLaughlin 6

Osei 6

Team effort. They'll all be feeling knackered after that. A really impressive point.

Thought we started off really well opening 15 minutes or so then it was all Bradford.

However the referee has bottled a game changing (and possibly defining) decision at 1-0 with the most stone wall Penalty you will ever see not being given

Then given an incredibly soft penalty to Bradford in the second half.

Still we haven't conceded from open play but if the referee has a ballsack at 1-0 Oldham and gives us that Pen we are probably cruising with a 2-0 lead.

Marshall for Bradford was phenomenal

Osie needs to be given more than 5 minutes...Needs to start tues. Give him a full 90 and see what he can do.

Flynn was terrible today.

Clarke is a rock, Erwin is a class above and was surprised to see him subbed unless he was completely goosed.

Truth be told Bradford deserved 3 points easily, but the referee cost us a comfortable 2-0 lead (most likely) in the opening 20 minutes.

Edited by aaronoafc

Surely more than 685?

If that's true, that's terrible

Terrible. Why?

I'm lucky as due to age I got £15 ticket, a third off the train fare, and free bus to and from station to ground, Fot many it would have come a week after Bury match (itself after 2 home games) and just before 2 more home league games

I would have settled for a draw before kick off.Must be a contender for the worst referee ever.How on earth we were not given a penalty I will never know.Unbelievable decision which was one of many.Their PA was a joke as well as that durge music they played before kick off.We dug in and did well to stop them winning.I lost count of how many corners they got.Thought Erwin and McKay did well and what a bargain Fane has become.Clarke as always solid and a bullet header.Promising days ahead .

Guest nonaenever

We certainly didn't have as many there as last season - when we had just short of 1,000 - I would say around 700 today. To be fair, Bradford had 75% of the game - I have to agree with one or two on here - unless our strikers start to score, it's going to be a long hard season. We can't keep having to defend backs to the wall like that every week.

Thought we did well to get a point today, it was a tough game and a great team effort. I think under the new rules the penalty was one of the few correct decision that miserable excuse for a referee made today. I paid a bit more attention to Klok today because I think he's a bit of an empty calorie player. He ran around closing down but put in few tackles and never did anything constructive with the ball. I'm not ready to write him off but I need to see more from him than I did today. Green, Burgess, Clarke and Ripley all very good.

Guest nonaenever

Thought we did well to get a point today, it was a tough game and a great team effort. I think under the new rules the penalty was one of the few correct decision that miserable excuse for a referee made today. I paid a bit more attention to Klok today because I think he's a bit of an empty calorie player. He ran around closing down but put in few tackles and never did anything constructive with the ball. I'm not ready to write him off but I need to see more from him than I did today. Green, Burgess, Clarke and Ripley all very good.

Honestly have no idea what anyone sees in Klok - Mr anonymous every week.

This is a great start, and very unexpected. The coaching staff and players are working hard and making real progress. Hats off to them.

Build on a strong defensive base, that's the key. Lack of goals is not a major concern, for now. It's also not just about the forwards. Blaming them alone is unfair. We're not creating enough chances. There is still a disconnect between midfield and forwards. It needs time.

Great start.

Splitting hairs this I know but I would call this a good start in the circumstances rather than a great start.

We are better defensively than I expected infact we have one of the best defences in the league, but I would have hoped for a little more in the attacking third. 2 good attacking signings and we might just surprise a few people this season.