Bradford (A)

I said the defence is constantly under pressure, the lack of goals from the strikers will tell in the long run.

'..in the long run' there'll be no 'lack of goals' from the strikers.

I get that you're only a scout, but cut the guy some slack already. We are going in the right direction, can you not see thaf?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent interview

Yes indeed

This guy is worth backing, clearly knows what he is doing and it seems to me that, given our budget, the Northern Ireland approach of collective effort, commitment and passion is exactly what we need

Obviously we are missing goals upfront but that can change and building from the back is a proven logic

We should all stop moaning and get behind this management team and this squad as it really could be the start of something good

Thought we did well to get a point today, it was a tough game and a great team effort. I think under the new rules the penalty was one of the few correct decision that miserable excuse for a referee made today. I paid a bit more attention to Klok today because I think he's a bit of an empty calorie player. He ran around closing down but put in few tackles and never did anything constructive with the ball. I'm not ready to write him off but I need to see more from him than I did today. Green, Burgess, Clarke and Ripley all very good.

He put the cross in for the goal.

Laughable stuff for the penalty, like a parody of football. Game for fairies.

Fane touches the ball away from him and then the guy goes into a 180 spin with his arms in the air as he collapses to the ground. What an embarrassment.

First time poster so go easy on me. Thought there centre half won the ball clear as day in the first half but very impressed by the workrate throughout today especially as in my view we carried Fane and Klok for as long as they were on the pitch today. Fane is a good player who I think had an off day but Klok will never make a League 1 player in a month of Sundays....so far off the pace today It was unreal. Good graft off the front 2 to feed off scraps and you may aswell give P. Clarke player of the season already.....what were Bury thinking not getting him signed up.....positional sense is brilliant. Good effort all round and those snagging the following.....I had to pay £25 on the day as it was a last minute decision how are families in a poor town supposed to fork out for 3 away trips in a week in the middle of the holidays????

We should all stop moaning and get behind this management team and this squad as it really could be the start of something good

All? Do you read the posts on this forum? There are a large number on here who post positive and well thought out views on our management team. Yes there are many comments that recognise our lack of a finisher - but the manager himself recognises this too!

We are a team still working towards being half decent side - lacking a creative midfielder, a pacy winger... oh and a clinical striker. That enough moaning for ya?! <smiley winky thingy>

Edited by TheBigDog

Fair does regarding the peno looks like I have had a bigger mare than the ref on that one, massive incident regarding the game though,they were starting to play some nice stuff none of their typical hoofball and were pinning us in. Regarding the ref, he had an absoloute shocker all afternoon, never seen so many decisions so obviously wrong in my life and already had the whistle in his mouth for their penalty as if waiting for any contact whatsoever. I'd have taken a point before hand and keeps the unbeaten league run going, now our achilles heel 2 winnable home games.

Fane is a good player who I think had an off day but Klok will never make a League 1 player in a month of Sundays....

I wouldn't go that far about Klok already, but I do fail to see what he's actually good at except set-pieces. Doesn't seem to have a forward drive, but then doesn't seem to be as defensive as we expected. Neat on the ball but never looks in games at all. Can't work him out.

Reckon there's a few on the bench looking at his spot. It's a shame Winchester is on his way, because that could've been a position for him...

Reckon there's a few on the bench looking at his spot. It's a shame Winchester is on his way, because that could've been a position for him...

We've been saying that the past 4-5 years, move on.

Edited by bowl

If you said an 18/19/20 year old could fill that spot with serious expectations you're daft. Then at 21 he did fill it well. Then last season he struggled, like most.

I've not written the lad off after one struggle of a season, when it's clear he has talent, and I don't think those who have come in to replace him look all that. Certainly no better than he can be.

Who would have thought we could get 6 valuable points from August when the fixture list was published? Anybody out there who did?

Teams are sometimes called upon to defend when that is not their game and the pressure will eventually tell. Our team has undoubtedly been picked to be comfortable without the ball. The example of what Leicester did must make this an easier sell for both our players and the realistic supporters.

Some of you aren't going to like the season ahead but the evidence so far is that it will be more successful than last year and the year before that....

If we can keep this management team another year, some of you won't like what you see, but top six is likely.

just over 20% of our current home support - when you put it into that context it shows how far we've sunk really. It's clearly going to take a lot of convincing for the stay aways to come back - if ever they will. Almost 20,000 at Huddersfield today - jealous!

Make your mind up, according to our interaction on the other thread all the stayaways (such as myself) are staying away for trivial reasons, but now they need "a lot of convincing" to come back - which suggests the reasons they are staying away are not trivial! Yesterday's away following (less than 700) reminded me of the away game at Town which I think was 09/10 under Sheridan where not only did we batter them but I seem to recall we took well over 2000 as the away end was rammed. You can stick your head in the sand all you like and pooh pooh people's reasons for not going, but that away turnout yesterday was very poor and symptomatic of the club's demise under Corney.

Who's been saying it for 5 years? He's had one full season under an excellent manager and he won player of the year...

He doesn't fit under our current defensive system clearly, but you should probably stop watching football if you think Klok is a better footballer, or Banks has proved to be more worthy of a place on the bench.

Who's been saying it for 5 years? He's had one full season under an excellent manager and he won player of the year...

He doesn't fit under our current defensive system clearly, but you should probably stop watching football if you think Klok is a better footballer, or Banks has proved to be more worthy of a place on the bench.

Another insult from the Winiesta fan club-by the way Mike Jones won the player of the year that year, then went crap and is now playing in the 4th division.

Stop applying different criteria to different players. This debate was put to bed last season.

Either accept you were totally wrong or perhaps it should be you who ceases to watch football-such narrow minded arrogant crap!

Using the Bank Holiday for an excuse for yesterdays attendance is laughable, last year August Bank Holiday we took around 2000 to Bury. Last week we only took 1600 to Gigg Lane the close proximity of a couple of local away games probably played a part but yesterday's turnout was piss poor we should be taking 1000 plus to Bradford every day of the week.

Using the Bank Holiday for an excuse for yesterdays attendance is laughable, last year August Bank Holiday we took around 2000 to Bury. Last week we only took 1600 to Gigg Lane the close proximity of a couple of local away games probably played a part but yesterday's turnout was piss poor we should be taking 1000 plus to Bradford every day of the week.

It takes time for hope and belief to return.