Bradford (A)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

685 to Bradford.

:censored:ing hell.

just over 20% of our current home support - when you put it into that context it shows how far we've sunk really. It's clearly going to take a lot of convincing for the stay aways to come back - if ever they will. Almost 20,000 at Huddersfield today - jealous!

On the wrong end of 2 penalties and we saw today the significant strengths and the significant weaknesses in the side in 90 minutes. My view is that Robinson has set us up like you would set up an underdog nation in tournament football.

One thing I am certain of is that we cannot continue to play like that for 46 games. We were running on empty for last 30 minutes. We have to find a way of securing possession in the opposing half and winning more free kicks and set pieces. We also need to stop the policy of the keeper kicking possession away with a 70 yard punt.

We are big committed athletic and well organised and at the moment better out of possession than in possession . We clearly lack pace on the break but more to work with than for a while

Guest nonaenever

On the wrong end of 2 penalties and we saw today the significant strengths and the significant weaknesses in the side in 90 minutes. My view is that Robinson has set us up like you would set up an underdog nation in tournament football.

One thing I am certain of is that we cannot continue to play like that for 46 games. We were running on empty for last 30 minutes. We have to find a way of securing possession in the opposing half and winning more free kicks and set pieces. We also need to stop the policy of the keeper kicking possession away with a 70 yard punt.

We are big committed athletic and well organised and at the moment better out of possession than in possession . We clearly lack pace on the break but more to work with than for a while

Agree we cannot sustain playing like that - we will fold eventually - there is nobody to relieve the pressure. Hate to talk like this but imagine if Clarke and Erwin were injured for any length of time !! Doesn't bear thinking about because we couldn't buy a win or a draw then.

One thing I am certain of is that we cannot continue to play like that for 46 games.

We won't play sides as good as Bradford every week.

We were running on empty for last 30 minutes.

A side effect of a late pre season.

We also need to stop the policy of the keeper kicking possession away with a 70 yard punt

It's more effective than six passes to the half way line and then losing it there.

Still amazes me

We have just drawn away to a very good team - 2nd in the league

Could easily have been 2-0 up if we had the pen. Only conceded to a similarly unfair decision that gave them the penalty

Took a decent away following after 2 home matches and 2 local away matches

Yet we are apparently toying with relegation and have poor away support

Always look on the bleak side of life eh?

Work in progress yes, but progress is the operative word

Northern Ireland won their Euro 2016 qualifying group.

Edited by BP1960

Northern Ireland won their Euro 2016 qualifying group.

Absolutely. Not belittling it at all but arguing that it is sustainable over 3 to 6 games but not for much longer.

It is like facing fast bowling, you can manage for a while with guts application and a plan. Over time though you need to be good enough to confront the fast bowler over many innings otherwise you get worn down and increasingly get out cheaper.....alternatively as a boxer you can only get hit so often

Guest nonaenever

Still amazes me

We have just drawn away to a very good team - 2nd in the league

Could easily have been 2-0 up if we had the pen. Only conceded to a similarly unfair decision that gave them the penalty

Took a decent away following after 2 home matches and 2 local away matches

Yet we are apparently toying with relegation and have poor away support

Always look on the bleak side of life eh?

Work in progress yes, but progress is the operative word

The following was poor for a match only 30 odd miles away to be fair - but I understand the reasons why. I think most sensible people are simply worried about where the goals are going to come from - there doesn't look to be any from up front or midfield. We have no pace in the side either. You cannot defend like we did today over a season and expect to get away with it every time. In truth, Bradford hammered us - and we were lucky to get a draw.

Absolutely. Not belittling it at all but arguing that it is sustainable over 3 to 6 games but not for much longer.

It is like facing fast bowling, you can manage for a while with guts application and a plan. Over time though you need to be good enough to confront the fast bowler over many innings otherwise you get worn down and increasingly get out cheaper.....alternatively as a boxer you can only get hit so often

Isn't it a similar tactic to that employed by Leicester last season?

Didn't go, but that looks like a good point, even if we were up against it.

No complaints, we got something from a team who'll probably be challenging TOP 6 come May.

Alternatively, Bradford took a point from a team in transition who will probably be hammering teams by 5 or 6 come May as they make a last ditch bid for the title.

Much better reading...

They had electric pace. We dont

I thought we were talking about the ability to maintain a high tempo pressing game out of possession over a full season.

Besides, we may have the pace in McLaughlin and Martin when they're up to full fitness. And Lapado may be pacy, no idea.

I thought we were talking about the ability to maintain a high tempo pressing game out of possession over a full season.

Besides, we may have the pace in McLaughlin and Martin when they're up to full fitness. And Lapado may be pacy, no idea.

Lapado is pacy, but needs someone who can create chances he can run on to in the box. But have we anyone who can do that?

Edited by BP1960