Freddie Ladapo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mckay had service at Bury, after you said this. Fluffed his chances. Again, don't want to write him off yet, but he's clearly struggling with confidence - nothing more evident than those at Gigg Lane, where he dawdled and it passed him by.

We aren't creating enough chances, yes, but he's made a meal of the ones he's had so far. I don't see us creating many at all with this squad of players, so a striker who can take the half chances is essential.

'Don't want to write him off' you've had said this twice to me now while writing him off...

He had service against Bury did he?

So 1 game out of 3/4 he had service. Not very much is it?

Lapadoo or any other striker may find themselves in the same boat with that kind of supply line.

I havent wrote him off for a whole season, but presenly he's not scoring goals, the manager is concerned enough to bring in Lapado and we will have to see if he can score goals.

McKay will feature regulary this season, we may even see Lapado and McKay together.

'Don't want to write him off' you've had said this twice to me now while writing him off...

He had service against Bury did he?

So 1 game out of 3/4 he had service. Not very much is it?

Lapadoo or any other striker may find themselves in the same boat with that kind of supply line.

I don't know how writing him off is saying that so far he's not done enough. He had chances against Walsall, too.

Plus, like I've already explained, you have to make you own chances and give other players the opportunity to find you. He clearly hasn't done that effectively so far. Ladapo might come here, make the right runs and get himself on the end of stuff - Erwin has done so to some extent, and he's meant to be the number 10.

Early days but I hope him and Flynn can find some kind of connection soon because it's going to be pretty dour if not.

I havent wrote him off for a whole season, but presenly he's not scoring goals, the manager is concerned enough to bring in Lapado and we will have to see if he can score goals.

McKay will feature regulary this season, we may even see Lapado and McKay together.

The manager had Ladapo warming up with the first team three weeks ago. So not a reaction to McKay's form in any way.

Another option other than Cassidy must be a good thing, if a greedy league team rate him enough to have him near the first team then even better.

It's not like Ellis Plummer playing under 12's football all his life, this lad has played men's football.

Edited by blueatheart

So you've no more idea about him than the rest of us then...

I rely on my sources just as much as managers do from my many contacts in the game. I have been informed of his style of play and answered the question on owtb accordingly.

Alex Ferguson and other managers have signed players without seeing them on the basis of trusted contacts. It's all part of the game.

Mckay had service at Bury, after you said this. Fluffed his chances. Again, don't want to write him off yet, but he's clearly struggling with confidence - nothing more evident than those at Gigg Lane, where he dawdled and it passed him by.

We aren't creating enough chances, yes, but he's made a meal of the ones he's had so far. I don't see us creating many at all with this squad of players, so a striker who can take the half chances is essential.

Hopefully Ladapo will be fit enough to go straight in so Mckay can come out of the firing line for a few games and have a go from the bench.

It'll be a long season, plenty of time for him to come good.

I watch plenty of National League South and have to say that the standard has deteriorated markedly over the last five years. That's partly one eyed because my club has been cash strapped but we had the league's leading scorer last season, he's now replaced Ladapo at Margate, and he wasn't in the same class as a significant number of strikers that we've had over the last decade. All of Steve Morrison, Grey Person, Dwight Gayle and Kyle Vassell were way superior.

Edited by Dave_Og

Soccerbase has him down for 11 goals in 0 games we can but hope. http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=63010

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/player/freddie-ladapo/

Was this done by the same PR firm Kelly used?

As always let's see this striker for a few games so we can see for ourselves.I am hopeful he can score.I was sceptical of Erwin and McKay but can see there are goals in them unlike a certain other one.

Are they going to announce the signing officially then?

I'm sure they're just going to leave us guessing. Maybe they're not announcing it hoping people will turn up for the JPT to find out if we have signed him. Or maybe it's a :censored:ing bank holiday and we should give them time to get into work Tuesday