Chesterfield

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of reception will Evans get?

Plenty of stick along with the rest of the Chesterfield players. Seen on a Facebook group people saying there gonna cheer and applaud Ched why?

He never signed for Oldham. I much rather we got behind are own players instead.

Edited by Forte_Baby

Surely people are just after getting a bite with that, there's no way it would happen. He'll get the kind of abuse he's been getting elsewhere & will have been expecting to hear.

I won't be booing nor cheering him. Don't understand why anyone would cheer him to be honest. He's just another player who has no affiliation to us so why cheer?

Has he been receiving much stick off fans at games? Presuming he has but i've not read anything.

Guest nonaenever

So our best attacker finally adds the only thing missing to his game and you'd drop him?

Okay.

Yes I would. Ironic that he scored against Shrews because that was probably his worst showing for us. I think he looks tired - and I did say "a well deserved rest" to be fair - just can't see him and McKay scoring many goals between them this season. I can see Osei and Ladapo doing so IF they are given a decent run to strike up a partnership (as he's tried with Erwin and McKay to be fair). It's nice to have options - sometimes you should use them. Bit like Rashford for England really - looked dangerous for the National side - so the manager demotes him to u 21s because he's too inexperienced - if you're good enough, you're old enough. Osei has looked particularly sharp - surely deserves a run in the side from the off?

Yes I would. Ironic that he scored against Shrews because that was probably his worst showing for us. I think he looks tired - and I did say "a well deserved rest" to be fair - just can't see him and McKay scoring many goals between them this season. I can see Osei and Ladapo doing so IF they are given a decent run to strike up a partnership (as he's tried with Erwin and McKay to be fair). It's nice to have options - sometimes you should use them. Bit like Rashford for England really - looked dangerous for the National side - so the manager demotes him to u 21s because he's too inexperienced - if you're good enough, you're old enough. Osei has looked particularly sharp - surely deserves a run in the side from the off?

Unless he genuinely is knackered, I just can't see how you can justify sticking an unproven kid in for a player who has been our best attacker. I'm not saying don't play Osei, just not ahead of Erwin. Ahead of Mckay and it's probably fair.

Erwin has proved he knows where to be to get on the end of chances but hasn't been able to put them away. That goal on Saturday might give him the confidence to score the next few.

They may well form an incredible partnership, but the fact Ladapo and Osei have 6 games in professional football between them suggests you may be a bit optimistic.