Swindon (h)

Huge game Saturday and one I feel we need and should be winning if we want to kick start our season I'd go for.

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Fane

Green

Erwin

Croft

Law

Ladapo

Leaving quite a few out there but something needs to change in the final third and Saturday provides one of the best opportunities to get points in the coming weeks and an even better opportunity to get our first home win of the season.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge game Saturday and one I feel we need and should be winning if we want to kick start our season I'd go for.

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Fane

Green

Erwin

Croft

Law

Ladapo

Leaving quite a few out there but something needs to change in the final third and Saturday provides one of the best opportunities to get points in the coming weeks and an even better opportunity to get our first home win of the season.

After his performance at Coventry, I think Banks will keep his place. We may also see McGlaughlin in for Law.

Didn't go to Coventry so didn't see the new and improved Banks, if he were to come in he could sit in the middle of the three, move Croft out wide and stick Law on the bench, not seem anything from Mchlaughlin yet but reading SR comments in the Chron this week he Is up to speed now and pushing for a start, there's plenty of options for sure.

Didn't go to Coventry so didn't see the new and improved Banks, if he were to come in he could sit in the middle of the three, move Croft out wide and stick Law on the bench, not seem anything from Mchlaughlin yet but reading SR comments in the Chron this week he Is up to speed now and pushing for a start, there's plenty of options for sure.

New and improved Banks?

I did go Coventry...not sure if Banks did. Think he touched it about twice. Saw no improvement really

Mclaughlin has looked awful every time I've seen him...SR see's something in him though clearly like you say

Going only off what I've read on him so just taking others opinions into account, theres no doubting that Banks has technical ability not sure about how big his heart is though, he plays like he doesn't care half the time and for his size he's doesn't really put himself about, I think he probably will retain his place it's just up to him whether he takes his chance.

I disagree, I think Banks was improved at Coventry, spread the ball around nicely, that said it did help that Green did all the running and bossed the midfield!

Tomorrow, I would go for:

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Law

Fane

Green

Flynn

Erwin

Ladapo

Not that I'm a lover of Flynn, just think he would offer us a bit of a balance out on the left as Jahraldo Martin isn't fit yet as far as I'm aware, could possibly play Osei out there or even Croft (not his biggest fan mind)

New and improved Banks?

I did go Coventry...not sure if Banks did. Think he touched it about twice. Saw no improvement really

Mclaughlin has looked awful every time I've seen him...SR see's something in him though clearly like you say

Did you spend all your time at Coventry in the bar?

Same team that beat Wigan, minus Mantack, obvs.

Nah. Klok doesn't offer the passing that Banks does - we've badly lacked that element whenever the Fane, Green, Klok trio have played together. Think that system would give Swindon a little too much respect if we didn't play with at least one attacking minded midfielder.

Reckord in for Dunne and I'd be reasonably happy with that.

Did you spend all your time at Coventry in the bar?

Not at all, what did he do? Barely noticed he touched it. Klok's not done much for me but thought he even did more than Banks. Does spreading the ball wide a couple of times mean he had a terrific game?

Green ran the show in our Midfield. Way and above our best player on the day. We only looked decent second half when we binned off the dreaded 5-3-2, went to 4-4-2 and Croft/Osei came on.

Would keep Flynn on the bench, needs a kick up the arse.

Croft to start for me, not his biggest fan but he's changed the game when he's come on the past few weeks.

Edited by aaronoafc

Not at all, what did he do? Barely noticed he touched it. Klok's not done much for me but thought he even did more than Banks. Does spreading the ball wide a couple of times mean he had a terrific game?

Green ran the show in our Midfield. Way and above our best player on the day. We only looked decent second half when we binned off the dreaded 5-3-2, went to 4-4-2 and Croft/Osei came on.

Would keep Flynn on the bench, needs a kick up the arse.

Croft to start for me, not his biggest fan but he's changed the game when he's come on the past few weeks.

Croft's influence was well overstated against Chesterfield. Had a couple of decent touches for the first 5 minutes he was on but we lulled back pretty quickly. Can see the merit for starting him, like.

Green is far and away our best midfielder. Utter class. His head and his body are still beyond this division, for me. Has ran the show pretty much everything game I've attended.

Will Robinson drop Mckay for a home game? Finding it increasingly difficult to see him get a place in the side, but he was supposed to be the main man and it'll be hard to let go of the idea he'll come to score goals eventually.

Croft's influence was well overstated against Chesterfield. Had a couple of decent touches for the first 5 minutes he was on but we lulled back pretty quickly. Can see the merit for starting him, like.

Green is far and away our best midfielder. Utter class. His head and his body are still beyond this division, for me. Has ran the show pretty much everything game I've attended.

Will Robinson drop Mckay for a home game? Finding it increasingly difficult to see him get a place in the side, but he was supposed to be the main man and it'll be hard to let go of the idea he'll come to score goals eventually.

Yeah Green is class, he was everywhere at Coventry

Think Mckay will start, though I would probably go with Osei. Can see it being Mckay Ladapo

Just going off the Coventry game (because it's the only one I've got to), I thought Banks was decent, but not in the Green class. I'd certainly start with Croft; we looked much more of an attacking threat in a 4-4-2 when he came on.

I'd go for a 4-4-2 becoming a 4-3-3 with Erwin stretching them out wide then joining in the middle. Dummigan and Reckord can get the crosses in along with Croft:

Ripley

Dummigan

Burgess

Clarke

Reckord (if fit enough)

Croft

Banks

Green

Erwin

Ladapo

Osei

Edited by Bristolatic

Going only off what I've read on him so just taking others opinions into account, theres no doubting that Banks has technical ability not sure about how big his heart is though, he plays like he doesn't care half the time and for his size he's doesn't really put himself about, I think he probably will retain his place it's just up to him whether he takes his chance.

I do find it puzzling that anyone can have any sort of detailed opinion purely based on what they read on here!

New and improved Banks?

I've seen enough of Banks to have an opinion don't worry about that, as Coventry was supposed to be his best game for us I'd have to take other people's word for that.

But if you take aaronoafc's word then Banks touched the ball twice in 98 minutes...