Swindon (h)

You mean Thompson who played in the centre of the back 3 yeah good player brought the ball out the back well for them. Thought the left wing back who scored the second was pretty good really motored up and down the flank. Mind you I think I would have passed for a professional footballer against us today.

The left wingback given the freedom of boundary park by Croft first half? he had a great game, but he was given soooo much space. Croft was a disgrace first half. Looked to me as though he recognized early on that their number 3 could run him ragged so he simply kept away from him to avoid embarrassment.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My lad remarked today that he had never seen a crowd look so disinterested, I looked around the main stand at one point and every other person was looking at their phone.

It's uninterested. It's a poor day when when correcting a common error is more exciting than anything we did in the match. I missed us winning a throw in while I was checking the National League scores.

Well i've avoided criticism, but a pattern is emerging. We're dull, boring, negative and lacking any kind of creativity or flare. We lack quality in key areas. We need balance. I'd like us to play two of our four wide players, especially at home. We need to bring in a striker who has something approaching quality. Ismail Miller, followed in a few months by Jose Baxter. Oh, and get Gerrard back. I'm only using these as examples. the point is we are not good enough. We also need a playmaker in midfield and a left winger. That's how far away we are. Five good players needed.

This is :censored:. We need some quality. We need to be more positive and creative. We need a game plan where we actually pose a threat. I'm looking at us and i'm thinking Northern Ireland in the Euros. That doesn't give me any confidence in the coaching staff at all. I've been patient and now i'm so bored with the way we play and pissed off at the general inability of our players to excite that i can no longer keep excusing what is a really piss poor team with piss poor tactics. Does Bobinson know how to attack?

If anyone can bear it, I've written a post-match review with the help of a Swindon fan. Feedback welcomed, and let me know if this sort of thing is something people would be interested in most weeks?

https://joeoafc.wordpress.com/2016/09/24/oldham-0-2-swindon-the-post-match-verdict/

Very good and spot on.

This is :censored:. We need some quality. We need to be more positive and creative. We need a game plan where we actually pose a threat. I'm looking at us and i'm thinking Northern Ireland in the Euros.

The problem with that is that they played teams they had no right to beat or even compete with i.e. Germany, Poland, Ukraine - populations vastly, vastly bigger than their own.

We were playing Swindon Town in a league including Rochdale, Bury, Southend.

Well i've avoided criticism, but a pattern is emerging. We're dull, boring, negative and lacking any kind of creativity or flare. We lack quality in key areas. We need balance. I'd like us to play two of our four wide players, especially at home. We need to bring in a striker who has something approaching quality. Ismail Miller, followed in a few months by Jose Baxter. Oh, and get Gerrard back. I'm only using these as examples. the point is we are not good enough. We also need a playmaker in midfield and a left winger. That's how far away we are. Five good players needed.

This is :censored:. We need some quality. We need to be more positive and creative. We need a game plan where we actually pose a threat. I'm looking at us and i'm thinking Northern Ireland in the Euros. That doesn't give me any confidence in the coaching staff at all. I've been patient and now i'm so bored with the way we play and pissed off at the general inability of our players to excite that i can no longer keep excusing what is a really piss poor team with piss poor tactics. Does Bobinson know how to attack?

Bang on Joe ?

You mean Thompson who played in the centre of the back 3 yeah good player brought the ball out the back well for them. Thought the left wing back who scored the second was pretty good really motored up and down the flank. Mind you I think I would have passed for a professional footballer against us today.

There was no one marking the left sided player... we were to narrow they had a field day in midfield

Ladapo, Mckay, Erwin - have we ever had 3 strikers who, while tidy enough footballers on the one hand, are so utterly lacking in intent?

Even Danny Philliskirk with his total lack of oomph would have had 2,3,4 or 5 goals by now.

I can't have a striker or forward who can get this far into the season without at least creating something out of nothing for himself, especially when line of supply is so poor.

Imagine how bored you'd be and how :censored: at your job you'd feel?