Swindon (h)

The pitch is shagged already. Huge divots near the touch line which were clearly a cause for concern for the head groundsman.

This after an unseasonably mild September, so god knows what it'll be like come December.

Sad to say, but a lousy pitch which could nullify the opposition might be our best hope of winning games.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we insist on watering the pitch so much when all we do is aimlessly hoof it long?

Why do we sit so deep and invite so much pressure?

What the actual :censored: do the players do in training? Because they can't string a pass together to save their lives.

Why can't any of our players actually hit a shot on goal cleanly? On the rare occasion we actually get into a shooting position, it's ALWAYS scuffed or mis-hit.

Our ever dwindling attendances is one of the few questions I do know the answer to.....

If Kelly or Dunne had had a similar start to the season, they'd have been long gone by now......

You mean our "biological pitch renovation" hasn't been the resounding success we all expected it to be?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/summer-update-regarding-sportsdirect.com-park-pitch-3210528.aspx

Noticed the pitch for the 1st time today, looks ok, but it plays awful, everytime the ball bounces or is kicked theres a big cloud of sand come up. Big divots coming up also.

The only positive in that game was Ripley, they should have scored 4 or 5. I'm sick of saying it but where's the pace? Klok and Croft on the wings is laughable, Banks was garbage. Flynn has been disappointing so far but Croft over Flynn is crazy. I've seen Dunne about 5 times now, he had a decent debut but apart from that he looks awful to me, Law not much better. Dummigan and Reckford have to play full back when fit. We've looked ok defensively this season but I'm undecided on Burgess, for a big lad I feel he should be more dominant. Erwin started the season looking OK but for the last 2 home games he's been poor.

It's just boring to watch, I can't see where a win is coming from at the minute. Lucky to hit 3000 next week.

The grounds staff put 29 tonnes of sand on the pitch last Saturday. Presumably it is one of those things that needs doing early on in a season and all at once, otherwise I would say that was a mistake based on today.

https://twitter.com/williamslcw/status/777143940537544705

If we'd have played on a Wembley type surface Swindon would have shown us up even more, they passed us to death.

I actually found myself checking my works email on my phone in the first half......that's how bad it has become.

My lad remarked today that he had never seen a crowd look so disinterested, I looked around the main stand at one point and every other person was looking at their phone.

Todays result is only a product of the chaos that surrounds the club and the problems over the summer. Our league position

is only where you would expect to be with a hastily put together squad and yet another management team.Things continue to be

seriously mismanaged. In the last 2 weeks chief scout leaves after a couple of months and our chief executive leaves for a club 3 rungs below us to further his career.

Presumably Simon Corney is back next week for the Chief Executive interviews, it's usually Manager interviews. Hopefully we don't sack Steve Robinson the problem lies in the way that the club is run.

My lad remarked today that he had never seen a crowd look so disinterested, I looked around the main stand at one point and every other person was looking at their phone.

We were all looking to find out who the Swindon number 2 was, who ran the show from start to finish.

Todays result is only a product of the chaos that surrounds the club and the problems over the summer. Our league position

is only where you would expect to be with a hastily put together squad and yet another management team.Things continue to be

seriously mismanaged. In the last 2 weeks chief scout leaves after a couple of months and our chief executive leaves for a club 3 rungs below us to further his career.

Presumably Simon Corney is back next week for the Chief Executive interviews, it's usually Manager interviews. Hopefully we don't sack Steve Robinson the problem lies in the way that the club is run.

Just what does O'Driscoll do? surely you he must see what we are all seeing.

I've missed the last two games and missed the first 20 mins of this. Looked like a completely different team, looked totally switched off.

I know we had a couple of decent attempts but ye gods the best move of the day is when they opened up the RRE gates to let us out.

ripely was man of the match for me as he seemed to be in a shooting gallery at one stage.

Christ trade descriptions act is this really a footy team?

Honey moon period over, get the chuffers in tomorrow and make them watch the whole bloody match to make them suffer like we had to.

I am not amused

We were all looking to find out who the Swindon number 2 was, who ran the show from start to finish.

You mean Thompson who played in the centre of the back 3 yeah good player brought the ball out the back well for them. Thought the left wing back who scored the second was pretty good really motored up and down the flank. Mind you I think I would have passed for a professional footballer against us today.