Swindon (h)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladapo, Mckay, Erwin - have we ever had 3 strikers who, while tidy enough footballers on the one hand, are so utterly lacking in intent?

Even Danny Philliskirk with his total lack of oomph would have had 2,3,4 or 5 goals by now.

I can't have a striker or forward who can get this far into the season without at least creating something out of nothing for himself, especially when line of supply is so poor.

Imagine how bored you'd be and how :censored: at your job you'd feel?

Erwin has created things for himself several times.

The other two, on the other hand...

The problem with that is that they played teams they had no right to beat or even compete with i.e. Germany, Poland, Ukraine - populations vastly, vastly bigger than their own.

We were playing Swindon Town in a league including Rochdale, Bury, Southend.

Yes. You're right. It's even worse than i was suggesting. I was just thinking about his approach, but at least there was a basic rationale with Northern Ireland.

Can't think of many occasions when I've left early but the breakway attack when all three of our strikers contrived, one after the other, to pass up an attempt at goal before feeding it back to Green was the signal for me to leave. Despite trying to remain optimistic, the wholesale changes to staff & players was never going to lead to success. You end up collecting too many that just wouldn't get a look in elsewhere.

Let's have it right. We are :censored:. I don't mean just today. I mean the last 7/8 years. Reading the posts on here is like Groundhog Day.

We could come good.

Give them time.

We can't score.

Why are we playing without two wingers.

We've no money

At least we're good defensively.

0-1 oppo

We've got a bottom six budget.

WHY IS THE CROWD DECREASING???

We could be tranmere.

Who's this new guy?

Can we sack him yet?

There's no atmosphere.

17th.

Undisclosed.

It's not an exaggeration to say the club is on life support. It gets the odd body shock to get it going for 5 minutes. Then just slides back into the abyss.

It should be no surprise were dire.

Have Swindon a much bigger budget?, surely not, but every one of their players were so comfortable on and off the ball, moving for each other, finding space, neat little triangles of one touch football all over the pitch. Technically they were absolutely streets ahead of us and I thought they were going to score 4 or 5!!

Walsall were similar....do they have better players or is it down to the coaching?

Law and dunne had zero protection. Klok the stand out culprit. He really is so far out of his depth at this level.

Klok wasn't good yesterday but for that 1st goal Dunne was disgraceful. He was looking across the line at a man in 15 yards of space and didn't go pick him up. No reason for him not to go mark him.

With the exceptions of Connor Ripley - who prevented a 4 or 5-0 loss, Peter Clarke, and possibly Cameron Burgess. We are performing like a team made up of players who have been released by their previous clubs because they weren't good enough, or free agents who weren't signed by anyone, again because they weren't seen as good enough.

We have got a team that is virtually full of that calibre of player.

Defenders that can't defend, midfielders who struggle to tackle properly and don't have a creative bone in their bodies, and strikers who can't hit the proverbial barn door!! As individuals and as collective team, they are not good enough! Can't blame the players too much though, they are simply playing to the level that they are capable of playing at. It's not been good enough where they've played before and it's not going to be good enough here.

Liam Kelly, Mike Jones and Jonathan Forte would have made a massive difference to that team yesterday, yet they were all allowed to leave for nothing. Ridiculous!!I

We had one shot on target according to the stats, I'm presuming that was Banks free kick so that would be zero shots on target from open play despite playing the second half with three strikers.

Was that the free kick?....I remember a shot just outside the box that just skimmed past the outside post, was it Clarke who had a free header and missed from about 6yrds out, someone else with a header who had his bloody eyes closed and the last one I think in injury time when it was a cross/shot that skimmed the top of the net....well as it hit the net in some form I'm classing it as a shot.

It takes me ages to work out the names of the players too so apologies. I sit in the RRE so this was from what I saw in the RRE and it was horrible to watch. Hope it's a one off..if not yikes...