Gills (a)

That type of player often gets substituted, Flynn could be described as a player with similar attributes and on occasions drifts in and out of games but won't receive the same grief that Winchester does, if he's part of a winning team that's good enough for me and so far we have two wins in the two games he's started.

You defo got stuck into Flynn, far too early.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't go against Wigan so I've missed the three or four games he's been effective in, I did say after the MK game that along with McLaughlin he did show glimpses of promise, let's hope the upturn in form continues as he was the one player who I thought would make us tick this season.

A few comments from the Gills forum......

First half Oldham were the worst side I have seen in years, multiple school boys errors by them.

A team with better finishing would have embarrassed us!

What worried me today is all the open goals that Oldham missed that shows why they are/ were bottom of the League but more worryingly is how we allowed a bottom of the league team so many chances.

Pretty much similar comments from all our games this season. We must start converting our chances and play for 90 minutes instead of 45.

Not getting carried away, a last minute winner and a great result in the end but could and should have been out of sight well before then. Unless we start putting more of our chances away we will continue to struggle at the lower end of the table.

It's still early days but these next two games are massive and could shape the rest of our season. Bolton are inconsistent and certainly beatable which would then set us up nicely for Scunthorpe at home.

2 wins would put us up around the playoffs, but two defeats and we could be bottom.

Anybody's guess as to which way it'll go but I'm as hopeful as ever!

Take it you went today with your criticism of Winchester? If not why judge him, if the manager says he's been working hard and improving his fitness isn't that good enough for you?

Strange how Winny is introduced into the team and his two starts result in two wins for the team, why the :censored: anyone would want to get on his back after being part of a winning team is beyond me.

Nobody needed to go today for them to be able to pinpoint his obvious problem.

Btw werent Gillingham winning whilst he was on the pitch. Stop being so frigging simplistic.

A fully fit (yeah, I know), in form Winchester could & should be kept on for the full game with the way he can keep & carry the ball as opposed to a Flynn, McLaughlin, Croft type who are on the pitch mainly to just have an attacking impact....

Wasn't there a stat on here a while back showing our record with him in the team being drastically better than without him despite his shortcomings, perceived or otherwise.............?

No.

Mediocre first-half, excellent second-half. Croft, and in particular Ladapo, made a big difference after coming on. Great support from those who travelled, and a fully deserved win.

...we did still miss several sitters too, though.

Edited by OneSizeFitz

Very good win. Not getting carried away, but look at Bury and Rochdale - just shows what can happen in a tight league if you put a few results together.

Very good build up play for the winner, and very, very clever play from Ladapo - he created an open goal for Flynn by just standing in front of the keeper.

Edited by pinevillawill

Mediocre first-half, excellent second-half. Croft, and in particular Ladapo, made a big difference after coming on. Great support from those who travelled, and a fully deserved win.

...we did still miss several sitters too, though.

Definitely should/could have been four second half. Gillingham worked tremendously hard closing down and outmuscled us for the first hour. It was as they tired that we started to dominate play.

The support from the majority of Latics fans was good - apart from a small number of ignorant foul mouthed blokes who started early with the profanities and are a disgrace and embarrassment to the club. Pack it in lads.

That aside it was a Good day!

Edited by TheBigDog

He might mean the fact that Lapado was obstructing the keeper and stopping him making an effort to save it...

Was just about to post about this after soberly reviewing the highlights. Few players recently talking about needing to be more 'streetwise' and this is exactly what we need more of.

He might mean the fact that Lapado was obstructing the keeper and stopping him making an effort to save it...

Ladapo is'nt doing anything wrong for me, it is very clever play. Yes he blocks the keepers view, but he makes no contact with the keeper and is onside, so he can stand where the hell he wants for me.

Ladapo is'nt doing anything wrong for me, it is very clever play. Yes he blocks the keepers view, but he makes no contact with the keeper and is onside, so he can stand where the hell he wants for me.

Didn't Bouzanis do something similar against Everton to let Matt Smith in for his header? He used his hands a little more than he probably should have risked doing, but a great show of team work all the same.

Did Brian Wilson get beat in the air again for their goal? Can't see if it's him on the highlights.

Yeah, Ripley wasn't great for the goal either. Great effort on the line to try keep it out, not sure who it was.